PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Trailer reccomendation

mowerman90
11-01-2011, 11:10 PM
I may be considering an enclosed 6 x 12 V-nose trailer and was wondering what brands you folks would recommend.

BlackCloudDiesel
11-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Wells Cargo. They pioneered the first enclosed trailer back in the 50's. They are by far, some of the nicest enclosed trailers I have ever seen. When the time comes around again for a new enclosed trailer, I won't buy anything but a Wells Cargo.

mtmower
11-01-2011, 11:20 PM
I have a 16" v nose Starlite that seems very well built. Plus part of the roof is a huge sky light. I believe they may be a division of western trailer.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Wells Cargo & Pace are the two big dogs in enclosed trailers. I have a Pace 16' myself. I think Bigtex now owns Pace. I added more plywood to the walls, floor, and ramp to make it super stout. The skylights in most trailers suck and will fall apart after a few years. Go to an RV place and you can get units with a lifetime warranty against breaking for only about $30.

mtmower
11-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Wells Cargo & Pace are the two big dogs in enclosed trailers. I have a Pace 16' myself. I think Bigtex now owns Pace. I added more plywood to the walls, floor, and ramp to make it super stout. The skylights in most trailers suck and will fall apart after a few years. Go to an RV place and you can get units with a lifetime warranty against breaking for only about $30.

We have a couple Wells Cargo dealers out here and I'm sure you can buy low dollar and high dollar models, but the ones I've seen look very cheap. They had several pieces of sheeting with tape over the seams to make up the roof instead of one piece. Every seam is has potential to leak. Plus the rounded front corners lacked support and the inner paneling was poorly attached.

The sky light I'm talking about on the Starlite is about 5X10' part of the fiberglass roof. The crank up vent they use is stainless or aluminum instead of white plastic which many trailer/campers use.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-03-2011, 11:33 PM
What about featherlite?

KRookey
11-07-2011, 12:17 AM
I have had several enclosed trailers including a couple from Wells Cargo. I think Wells Cargo make a decent trailer but are expensive. I would recommend a local trailer dealer in your area and spec it out with what you want..ie..5200# axle, etc.. Many of the parts used on a Wells Cargo, and most of the other brand name trailers use many of the same brand parts...like dexter axle. I think you could get the most value with a no-name, well built trailer, with high quality parts.