PDA

View Full Version : walker cutting problem

Green Growers
11-01-2011, 10:51 PM
I have a 48" ghs walker and I mow some narrow strips at a property weekly. I cannot mow in different directions, the mower cuts fine and leaves no stragglers but it seems that the saddles holding the blades are leaving the grass that is under the saddles looking like it looks when your blades are dull. (ie dull blades) This only happens on those spots all the way down the row. When I mow a another lawn with this mower it looks great. So how can I keep the lawn from looking like crap. I dont have any pics right now. This is probably vague and hard to understand but I need some ideas
how to fix this. thanks

Kennedy Landscaping
11-01-2011, 11:57 PM
If I had to take a stab in the dark, I'd relate the problem to rutting or something of that nature. As you said it doesn't do it when you alternate directions. Just a thought though

agent walker
11-02-2011, 08:57 PM
are the blades bent?

Premier landscaping south
11-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Maybe what you are seeing is the area of grass that does not get ran over by the wheels? Grass that has been ran over and over again will look shorter than the grass that does not. You said it happens only under the blade hubs which makes since because the tail wheel is directly in the center of the deck and the drive wheels are on the outside of the hubs.

Maybe that's it, just the way I see it. With out pics, it's hard to tell.