PDA

View Full Version : Flat Rate 50 Cent Credit Card Fee's

PlantscapeSolutions
11-02-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm sure a fair amount of guys take credit cards. I never did because I didn't want the extra hassle and give up a few % of every transaction. Starting a while back Intuit the maker of QuickBooks Pro started allowing my customers to pay via a link on the invoices I email.

The fee is only 50 cents per transaction. If the transaction is $100 or $10,000 I still only pay 50 cents. I have no equipment to mess with or anything at all to deal with. For guys paying several percent of every transaction this could be a big money saver.

Ijustwantausername
11-02-2011, 10:10 AM
That's actually really good. I use Square on my Iphone and it charges a flat 2.35% of all transactions.

JContracting
11-04-2011, 01:51 AM
So this is via quickbook's credit card accepting program?? I'd do that in a heartbeat! Screw waiting for checks, driving to check my mailbox, and then running them to the bank...
Posted via Mobile Device

MudslinginFX4
11-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I believe this is for the customer transferring funds from their checking account to your checking account, not credit cards. When you click the link on the invoice it asks for them to sign up for an account and enter their checking info if i'm not mistaking.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-06-2011, 11:16 PM
I believe this is for the customer transferring funds from their checking account to your checking account, not credit cards. When you click the link on the invoice it asks for them to sign up for an account and enter their checking info if i'm not mistaking.

You are exactly right. I kind of stumbled into using this payment plan accidentally from being a QuickBooks user and didn't realize it was strictly bank transfers. It still works great for people who don't use Bill Pay type checks. At least 50% of my payments are now checks from Bill Pay services.:hammerhead:

phillie
11-10-2011, 01:12 AM
I just signed up for square. I was thinking of implementing a $3.00 fee up to $100 and the got to 2.75 % from $100 and up. Personally I think its pretty cool I can now just swipe a card while Im there.

PlantscapeSolutions
03-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Now Intuit does the credit cards as well for 3.25% and no other fee's.