PDA

View Full Version : Property damages

CreativeSur
11-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Good day everybody i am new to this forum and just trying to work my way around this. i have a question regarding client property damages done by employees on purpose or not.
how is this claimed? does the company repay the damages in full to the client and reduces this claim from the employees salary? do you cut a fifty-fifty loss with the employee? the insurance covers this but there has to be some sort of reprimand.

turkeyman
11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
If it was done on purpose fire his butt! If it was a accident a good warning will do. I use 3 strikes your out of here policy.

JB1
11-03-2011, 10:13 PM
keep his check and fire him.

StihlMechanic
11-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure what your labor laws are in South America but here in the States you can not hold wages for any reason. Pay must be given to the employee on the set "payday". Of course this is only legit if in deed the company is legit and not paying cash under the table like so many LCO's do. In Texas the employer can be fined $10,000 for this. In Texas you can be fired for anything, but they can file for unemployment benefits unless you have 3 incidents on record of the employee violating "company policy" which can be just about anything. I would imagine these laws are similar in other states as well.