PDA

View Full Version : A victory for turfgrass EPA to remove 40% rule

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-03-2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.landscapemanagement.net/news-issues/news/tpi-celebrates-watersense-ruling-11615?utm_source=LM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=LMDirect_11_02_2011&utm_content=tpi-celebrates-watersense-ruling-11615

txgrassguy
11-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Makes sense since most of the ordinances where I operate require more than 40% turfgrass coverage on the site.

Kiril
11-03-2011, 10:19 PM
You gotta love special interests. :rolleyes:

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah the special interest group that forced this special interest group to fight back really sucks.

Kiril
11-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Yeah the special interest group that forced this special interest group to fight back really sucks.

Yup .... those "special interest" groups who want to preserve our potable water resources for the benefit of all ..... rather than preserving industry/corporate interests. :clapping: You know ... the earth would come to a grinding halt if there weren't turf on it.

Guess we all now know where we can file those posts on water conservation you make.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/Can.jpeg/120px-Can.jpeg

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Water conservation is about using water wisely not ruining human habitat with concrete to avoid turf. Turf provides way more benefits that make it worth wise water management.

Kiril
11-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Water conservation is about using water wisely not ruining human habitat with concrete to avoid turf. Turf provides way more benefits that make it worth wise water management.

ROFL .... dude thanks for the laugh .... because everyone knows the only alternative to turf is concrete and wise water use includes irrigating unnecessary turf. :laugh: Who needs water to drink, cook and bath in when you have a bitchin lawn. :dizzy:

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-03-2011, 11:49 PM
The EPA wised up and realized the vendetta against turf was emotion and not logic. Follow the water budget program and make the whole yard work.
http://www.epa.gov/watersense/water_budget/application.html

Kiril
11-03-2011, 11:56 PM
The EPA wised up and realized the vendetta against turf was emotion and not logic. Follow the water budget program and make the whole yard work.

Yes .... it is not logical to conserve potable water resources. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

One also might say it is not logical to plant turf in areas that require irrigation to keep it alive for the majority of the growing season. Hmmmmmmmm ....

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-03-2011, 11:59 PM
If it keeps dust under control and adds cooling it may well be worth it. like I said. Use the water budget tool and make it work.

Kiril
11-04-2011, 12:08 AM
If it keeps dust under control and adds cooling it may well be worth it. like I said. Use the water budget tool and make it work.

There are other ways to achieve this without using high water consuming plants like turf. Furthermore, you know as well as I do "water budgets" or intelligent irrigation doesn't happen for the majority of residential landscapes. Time to be realistic Pete.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Wah wah wah. Go take your sermon to the EPA dude.

Kiril
11-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Two things are infinite, as far as we know - the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-04-2011, 10:23 AM
::::::yawn::::
Pot calling the kettle black

Kiril
11-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Go back to bed ..... you missed the clue train.

dKoester
11-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I've been turning my lawn into an organic vegetable garden. Its a collard producing machine right now. Some of our leaves are 17 inches long not including the stem.

irritation
11-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I've been turning my lawn into an organic vegetable garden. Its a collard producing machine right now. Some of our leaves are 17 inches long not including the stem.

That's cool if you eat enough of them, if not rocks might be better.