PDA

View Full Version : Grounds Guys Company

kleankutts
11-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Has any of you guys heard of "grounds Guys" Landscape maintenance company? I'm thinking they're similiar to US Lawns.

I got a call from a company rep today, trying to sell me on their franchise. Even though I'm a small company, and I work it part time (23 commercial & residential accounts). I'm considering going in full-time and adding pressure washing to my services next spring.

I know more biz will come eventually, I gotta promote my biz, do good work and be professional etc. I'm not looking to work for someone else, thats why I'm going into this full time.

This sounds like it would be a waste of time.....Any feedback is appreciated...

KrayzKajun
11-05-2011, 04:37 PM
there have been a few threads about them lately. seems like a big waste to me!

kleankutts
11-05-2011, 04:47 PM
there have been a few threads about them lately. seems like a big waste to me!

Im talking to the guy now and he's pausing when I ask him a question. Sounds like you have to do all the footwork. they do sound like they help you with commercial accounts.

KrayzKajun
11-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Im talking to the guy now and he's pausing when I ask him a question. Sounds like you have to do all the footwork. they do sound like they help you with commercial accounts.

they want close to $100k for franchise rights plus you prolly have to have certain trucks etc...

kleankutts
11-05-2011, 05:20 PM
they want close to $100k for franchise rights plus you prolly have to have certain trucks etc...

He would never give me an amount? like I said a waste of time.....They cant guarantee you anything. You'll do better doing everything yourself and working for yourself. they're crazy as hell.....and you gotta pay for all that equipment..truck, trailer, mowers etc. I think you have to get JD. I dont really care for JD equipment....

FDJ
11-06-2011, 01:24 AM
The way I see franchises, in this type of business... they don't work.
Why work under someone else's rules? While you can make just as much if not more on your own rule.
What people fail to recognize sometimes is that we are in a specific service business, where people want a friendly face that they can talk to and can take action without corporate procedures.

When was the last time you called a 1-800 number and you were happy you had to call them? Wouldn't it be nicer to just quickly talk to someone and get an straight answer plus know you are being treated as a customer not an "account"? and being pushed around thru the many "divisions".

Anyways, that is my opinion.

vanncann
11-10-2011, 06:05 PM
I spoke with them at the beginning of the summer and the sales man was supper nice. I just don't have a need for them. The number they gave me for my area was around 23k but could not guarantee any type of work.

dKoester
11-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Was his name Jason?