PDA

View Full Version : End of First Season

Ducke
11-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Well all the equipment is winterized and put away.
I have collected all but two outstanding accounts.
I haven't run all my numbers yet but it is looking good for my first year.
I had a few unexpected expenses but that is normal with anything in life.
I had at my peak (August) 54 customers.
I have 17 customer resigned for 2012.
I have 8 customer signed up for snow removal (I use Snow blower and shovels).
I now need to crunch the $ figures but it looks like I may have actually made a small profit after all is added and subtracted up.
I can hardly wait to start 2012 Thumbs Up

matt spinniken
11-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Of the 54 customers you had in August, how many do you think you will be able to service again in 2012? I would recommend sending some information to each of those 54 customers detailing prices of optional add-on services. Give them a price on everything that you might be able to do for them.

What are your marketing plans for 2012?

Ducke
11-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Well I have not really sat down and put a lot of thought into it yet as I am still trying to wrap up this year.
I am going to put together a package type deal for all the one off customers that I worked with this year, I am also putting together a thank you letter for each of my returning customer as well. I want to come up with a referral deal but am still thinking on that one. Then there is good old door to door in the spring, Spring Clean ups, Aeration's, Liming and lawn mowing.
On line ad's with KIJIJI Facebook Twitter and my web site.
I am up to 20 returning customers as of yesterday so I am setting a goal of 20 more for 2012.
I want to get Christmas and new years behind me and then I am going to sit at my desk and get things rolling.

Matt's Mowing Service
11-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Do you do contracts? What is the best way to keep the customers you have now for next year?

Ducke
11-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Do you do contracts? What is the best way to keep the customers you have now for next year?

No I don't do contracts, Not as of yet anyways. Most of my work is in my word and my handshake. Maybe next year if I get into some commercial work I will use something in writing.
The best way to keep customers is to do your best every time, don't be afraid to ask question and don't commit to things you can't do.
Be honest and be yourself talk to everyone and smile. :)
Dress neat and clean (well as clean as we can ) don't show up looking like a bum slink in do a half ass job and sneak out with out having some kind of contact with your client.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-18-2011, 09:52 AM
OP might I suggest auto renewal for all? I won't do anything but from now on. Then it puts the responsibility on the customer to cancel if they so choose AND you know you have a certain amount of business for the next season without the worry if anyone is going to be back over the winter time.