PDA

View Full Version : Business iz Business

Big C
11-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I am in the process of changing the way I bill my customers next year. I will go to flat rate billing and contracts for every customer. This is my 5th yr. in business and every season I get stiffed by a few customers who fail to pay their bills, also I am in the process of upgrading my customer base to upscale residential & commercial. I am tired of getting the cheapskates who can't afford us but are too lazy to mow their own yards, so what do they do? they hire us and haggle every price that we give them and question every invoice. They treat us like crap and want to get the max amount of work for the least amount of $$$ possible. The few bigger properties we service are the best customers, they are super polite, pay on time, always have extra work for us. We are hoping that contracts with a termination fee will weed out the cheapskates. Either pay what we charge or find someone else.....it's time for us to upgrade!!!

KrayzKajun
11-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Amen. I'm with u chad. I've decided all new customers will be contracted and flat monthly rate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Beautiful Lawn Care
11-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Add me!!!! This is very true.

drenchedlawn
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Im going to next year as well!!

MarkintheGarden
11-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Been there, done that, you are so right!

I will point out that I have found that there are many exceptions. For example I have some customers with whom I have built a relationship with that is so good, a written agreement would only get in the way. I have a few clients for whom, I do whatever I think is best whenever I want, and bill them. Also, I have some customers who pay well and promptly, who prefer to pay after each service.

I give good customers the option of yearly agreement or pay as they go. New customers I prefer to keep as pay per service, after a while it is easier to plan a good maintenance schedule for the property, and if the customer and I are happy with each other.