PDA

View Full Version : Aerator Plugs

teye69
11-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Can some one help advise me? I just bought a Ryan V aerator 2006. It runs great but only puts holes in the turf and does not leave plugs on the surface of the lawn. What an I doing wrong? The tines look new. There is dirt stuck in the tine but never pushes that dirt out and left as a plug on the surface. Do I adjust the deepth? Or what? The ground is soft. I am in the Chicago suburban area and it has not gone below 40 degress yet. It has been 50 plus degree for a week.

Thank you in advance.

hackitdown
11-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Maybe the tines are plugged. Clean the old dirt out somehow.

Gilmore.Landscaping
11-06-2011, 04:10 PM
If the ground is too soft you won't pull plugs either. Check the tines for shape, They could be damaged too.

booboy
02-03-2012, 01:21 PM
lawn has to be wet

Puttinggreens
02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
If the tines were not cleaned out the last time it was used the inside of the spoons can get rusty. This added friction from the rust makes it hard to get the plugs in and out of the spoons.

instyle
02-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Check how deep the tines are going in. I have a plugger, and on drier soil it will still push a 3" hole and not pull a plug. I like it. It does nothing for the thatch, but at the same token....having all the plugs on the lawn, some rain, and kids and a dog....will make a hell of a mess of the grass. If you are punching a hole in the grass deep enough...Good! Thats what I say.