PDA

View Full Version : Pace Trailers coming back

watatrp
11-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Looks like a company called Look Trailers has purchased the Pace American name and plans to manufacture the Pace brand trailer as early as next month.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/wsbt-look-trailers-buys-pace-in-middlebury-20111107,0,5587844.story

Mowingman
11-08-2011, 01:40 PM
I guess they feel there is still a good market for junk trailers like Pace built.
I wonder what caused Pace to go under? Excessive warranty claims on their junk?
At least, this may put some folks back to work.

watatrp
11-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience with Pace. I bought one used for $3k, used it for 5 years and sold it for $2.5k and never had a single problem with it.

Marek
11-08-2011, 03:48 PM
If you dont like Pace trailers what do you like ? I have several Pace Summit trailers and love them .

Kelly's Landscaping
11-08-2011, 06:18 PM
The wells cargo brand was a much better built trailer when I looked at enclosed. But after my trailer restoration project I did last year I am now comfortable building my next trailers from scratch. You just cant get the quality you are after these days course I know how to weld and have a machine tool back ground.

supercuts
11-08-2011, 07:27 PM
didnt know pace went under...i hvae a pace summit

Mowingman
11-08-2011, 07:57 PM
I like S&H trailers and Wells Cargo. I have seen 3 of the Pace enclosed trailers that actually cracked and broke nearly in half. Of course, the only Pace trailers we see here are the junkers they built for Lowes stores to sell. Did they build a better quality trailer to sell through dealers other than Lowes?

GQLL
11-08-2011, 10:53 PM
no offense about wells cargo but dam for 12 grand on a mowing trailer :hammerhead: Pace went under do to not paying for steal. Michell bender the former owner of pace started another trailer company http://www.bravotrailers.com/ . The owner of look was the former owner son of Hallmark trailer. looks like they are gaining market shares

PLS-Tx
11-09-2011, 12:02 AM
I like S&H trailers and Wells Cargo. I have seen 3 of the Pace enclosed trailers that actually cracked and broke nearly in half. Of course, the only Pace trailers we see here are the junkers they built for Lowes stores to sell. Did they build a better quality trailer to sell through dealers other than Lowes?

I think the ones Lowes and Home Depot sell are much cheaper built trailers.

We have a Pace we bought from a dealer about 6 years ago. We have worked it hard and it's still going strong.

PlantscapeSolutions
11-12-2011, 12:56 AM

Waco is where Pace has their Texas facility. I've had my 16' for about four years and only had to replace the roof vents. I replaced the vents with RV units with a lifetime warranty against breakage for about $30.

The mass merchandisers are only allowed to sell the entry level trailers. You wouldn't try to buy your string trimmers, blowers, or hedge trimmers at a Home Depot and the trailers are the same way. There are multiple class's of trailers in different quality levels and price points.

Horsepower Lawns
11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
I work for a place that sells trailers. We got 3 NEW Look trailers in. I had to fix something on all 3. It was stuff they would have found if the had checked them out before they left the factory.

We also sold Pace, we did have stuff to fix on new Pace trailers also, but not as much, now getting the right parts was a different story. They would send broken parts, non matching parts & I don't know how many time we would order a new door and get something that was to small, the ones that were to larger I would take apart and make smaller. They told us one time to make the hole in the trailer smaller. It was for a vender door on the side....