PDA

View Full Version : Winter Project Help Needed- Please Look!

W&Wlawncare
11-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I have an opportunity to buy an Exmark Turf Tracer CHEAP. My only issue is that the recoil engines aren't cheap that replace the one on the TT. However, there are electric start engines much cheaper than recoil start engines and I could go for the electric start but it seems to much of a hassle with the wiring and batteries and switches/ignition needed. So, my question to all you experts out there is whether a 15 hp kawasaki recoil start will be enough power (749$) or a 18 hp (~900$) electric start can be converted to recoil to avoid electrical hassles. i believe it is a 2009 and a 52"

Thanks in advance

Also if anyone knows where to get a 17-18-19 hp recoil start engine for cheap that'd work out great also.

StihlMechanic
11-09-2011, 07:26 PM
I have an opportunity to buy an Exmark Turf Tracer CHEAP. My only issue is that the recoil engines aren't cheap that replace the one on the TT. However, there are electric start engines much cheaper than recoil start engines and I could go for the electric start but it seems to much of a hassle with the wiring and batteries and switches/ignition needed. So, my question to all you experts out there is whether a 15 hp kawasaki recoil start will be enough power (749$) or a 18 hp (~900$) electric start can be converted to recoil to avoid electrical hassles. i believe it is a 2009 and a 52"

Thanks in advance

Also if anyone knows where to get a 17-18-19 hp recoil start engine for cheap that'd work out great also.

Make sure the recoil engine will indeed work, or any engine for that matter. Crankshaft must be the same, the stator has the output for the pto, and if electric start, enough to charge the battery and power the pto. Look for a direct replacement engine according to the current engines spec number. Anything else will be a headache.

W&Wlawncare
11-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah i got the shaft size written down from when i called the dealer today so that's taken care of. However the Turf Tracer i am looking at was a recoil start. But i see electric start engines way cheaper than i do recoil start ones, that's why i was trying to take that route rather than purchase the original recoil engine. If the complications are too great I may have to suck it up and bust out the extra $200 for the original 17 hp engine. Trying to do this on a tight budget.

wiselandscaping
11-10-2011, 12:10 PM
I'd go with the bigger engine. it may cost more up front but will be worth it.

W&Wlawncare
11-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I lied, the recoil start engine is $400+ more than the electric . That makes no sense to me how an electric start engine is cheaper. Is converting an electric start engine to pull/recoil easy?
Posted via Mobile Device

all ferris
11-11-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure but I would think the electric start motors probable come with out a starter. that is probably why they are cheaper

greenstar lawn
11-12-2011, 06:52 PM
I dont think 15 hp will be enough. This machine is hydro right? I am not sure how many hp it takes to power the pumps but I dont think 15 would be enough. I have a 19 hp kawi on mine and when I replaced it this yr I paid around $1100 for the new motor which is pull start and I installed it myself.