PDA

View Full Version : landscape lighting keeps shorting out

Super Freak
11-10-2011, 10:35 PM
I can't seem to figure out y the lighting in the hadco keep losing connection. Then I go take it apart push it back in. Then it will work for a day or so then quit working? Until I do it again. Any suggestion?
Posted via Mobile Device

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-10-2011, 11:13 PM
What fixtures are you talking about? In my experience, the 'universal' (G4 - Gy5.3 BiPin) sockets used by hadco are not very good. Also the wire connection inside the fixtures at the sockets tends to be flimsy at best. Try replacing the sockets with better quality products.

Lite4
11-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Might check your lamp filament also. If you are testing the lamp with the power on, a little shake of the lamp will pop that filament back in place "temporarily" until it turns off and cools down. It will then seperate again and not work. Might be that simple, if it isn't the lamp it is probably as James suggested, the socket.

Alan B
11-11-2011, 10:12 AM
The original post wasn't that clear to me about the source of the problem so to cover all bases...
I don't know if your fixture has a "quick connect" (i.e. piece point connectors). If you do, cut them off and replace with a direct burial connector for a proper mechanical connection.

If it's not your splice and the problem is inside your fixture, in my opinion it is easier, faster cheaper to replace the fixture than re-wire. Many good manu's will stand by their fixtures with a lifetime warranty. In the case of our VOLT fixtures if you ever had a problem just call us and we'd send you a new one out same day, no charge.

Good luck.

Super Freak
11-15-2011, 01:16 AM
The original post wasn't that clear to me about the source of the problem so to cover all bases...
I don't know if your fixture has a "quick connect" (i.e. piece point connectors). If you do, cut them off and replace with a direct burial connector for a proper mechanical connection.

If it's not your splice and the problem is inside your fixture, in my opinion it is easier, faster cheaper to replace the fixture than re-wire. Many good manu's will stand by their fixtures with a lifetime warranty. In the case of our VOLT fixtures if you ever had a problem just call us and we'd send you a new one out same day, no charge.

Good luck.

So I should order new quick connects? It's always the same 4 everytime. On will go out then the next and etc. I'm not sure what the model # is but I will find out. They are the up lights I do know that. Ha

Thanks for the help.
Posted via Mobile Device

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-15-2011, 01:22 AM
You should not be using quick connectors at all. Remove them completely from the system and install proper, direct burial, waterproof connectors. The quick connectors may well be the source of your problems all along.

If they are the type that pierce the outer jacket of the wire, you will want to replace all of the wire too.