PDA

View Full Version : Drinking beers, things are good

CAPT Stream Rotar
11-11-2011, 08:01 PM
how is everybody

working in the trees and irrigation as needed

big projects coming up..

might be in a very prestigious job in NYC, certain park....
huge job..

:)

Wet_Boots
11-11-2011, 08:10 PM
watch out for the feral rats :p

greenmonster304
11-11-2011, 08:17 PM
might be in a very prestigious job in NYC, certain park....
huge job..

:)

Don't forget to grease the union guys.

Hey Cappy, do you guys have a bay scallop season on the cape? It opened here the other day and I just had some for dinner and they were damn good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
11-11-2011, 08:22 PM
real Bay scallops are a wonder - make those four-bucks-a-pound imports seem like flavorless crapola in comparison

Gilmore.Landscaping
11-11-2011, 08:22 PM
couple big rotors and your good to go...

greenmonster304
11-11-2011, 08:51 PM
real Bay scallops are a wonder - make those four-bucks-a-pound imports seem like flavorless crapola in comparison

Thats because "sea scallops" are made from skate, or so I am told.

The other day I was doing a blow out at a house on Shinnecock Bay and I set the clock to do am 2 min cycle while I went out and looked for scallops with my muck boots on. I found a few.
Posted via Mobile Device

CAPT Stream Rotar
11-11-2011, 09:43 PM
wait what?

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Work at a park in NY? Sounds like a repair job to clean up behind occupy wall street.

AI Inc
11-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Thats because "sea scallops" are made from skate, or so I am told.

Posted via Mobile Device

Ive heard thwey were stamped out of pollock.

Wet_Boots
11-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Thats because "sea scallops" are made from skate, or so I am told.While I believe it is possible to make phony scallops. I don't believe the cheap imports are phonies so much as they're from warmer water.

While I was working in the basement of a rental house, I heard the tenant on the phone, in the adjacent office, and it was obvious he was in the seafood business, so I asked him about Nantucket bay scallops, and he kind of shook his head, and said they were going for $17 a pound at that moment, which was why you weren't ever going to see them in supermarkets.

DanaMac
11-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Not much fresh seafood here in Colorado. The best I find is at Whole Foods, which is probably middle of the road for those of you on the coasts. I love visiting family in MA and OR, partially for the food.

Wet_Boots
11-12-2011, 11:01 AM
you might investigate restaurant supply houses, if there are any near you

greenmonster304
11-12-2011, 11:21 AM
he kind of shook his head, and said they were going for $17 a pound at that moment, which was why you weren't ever going to see them in supermarkets.

I paid $19.50 a pound for Peconic bay scallops yesterday. But they were worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
11-12-2011, 11:53 AM
There you go. Sear those pups in a heavy saute pan on high heat, and let those inner sugars out to caramelize.

DanaMac
11-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Tiny bit of some coarse Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, seared on high heat about 2-3 minutes each side with a little butter in the pan, good to go. Might have to do a seafood night soon.

Mike Leary
11-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Not much fresh seafood here in Colorado. The best I find is at Whole Foods, which is probably middle of the road for those of you on the coasts. I love visiting family in MA and OR, partially for the food.

Ditto here, though Trader Joe's does have some good fresh stuff from time to time. We had a guy last year that delivered shrimp from Rocky Point, Mexico but I heard the Health Dept. got on him and we have not seen him this year.:cry:

hoskm01
11-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Mike, the Gila Bend Shrimp Fest was last weekend. I almost went.

Mike Leary
11-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Mike, the Gila Bend Shrimp Fest was last weekend. I almost went.

I know, we missed it, too. :cry: Some damn good sweet shrimp that company farms in Gila.

DanaMac
11-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Wish we had Trader Joes in Colorado. Closest one is Santa Fe. We do have Sunflower Market which isn't too bad.

mitchgo
11-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Has anyone heard of The Men's Room (http://www.kisw.com/pages/5748583.php) ?

I know it's a local radio station but it is known and listened world wide because these guys kick ass.

In any case they made there own beer a few years back and Elysian sponsors it. Check it out sometime.

It's not a local beer either , you should be able to see it around your local store.

Wet_Boots
11-12-2011, 01:02 PM
I still haven't had any of the microbrew recommendations to replace my beloved Dinkelacker :(

greenmonster304
11-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I still haven't had any of the microbrew recommendations to replace my beloved Dinkelacker :(

Have you ever tried any of Southampton Public House beers? If you are anywhere around NY you should be able to find it. http://www.publick.com/
Posted via Mobile Device