PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Dip stick

HLC
11-15-2002, 01:28 PM
Just received a new dipstick for my Z which I assume came straight from Kaw. I have the 25hp Kaw. My dad has a 23 hp Kaw Z and his engine # is an "A" so it appears that he needs the new stick as well but has not received it yet. What can I do to get one for his? I know that the dealer sent in his paperwork so he should be "in the system."

mowerconsultant
11-16-2002, 12:40 AM
I am not sure, I just found out that they were sending out dipsticks.
I will look into it Monday am, and see if I can find out some more info for you.

Later
Pj

naturecoast
11-16-2002, 06:45 AM
what's the story behind the dipsticks is this kawasaki recall or something?I have a 23 kawi on my super mini z.

Floridalandcare
11-16-2002, 09:11 AM
I turned through some bushes and broke the whole dipstick tube off and didnt even know it till there was oil everywhere . They put it in a bad place and is easy to break off . Is tis what you are talking about sending out ?

nedlm
11-16-2002, 06:15 PM
The new dip stick that kawasaki is sending out, Is raising the oil level. If you comepare dip sticks you will see that the oil mark is a little higher.

P&J Lawncare
11-16-2002, 10:31 PM
The new dipstick is being sent out because kawasaki has reliazed that with the old dipstick there wasn't enough room for error when you measured your oil on the old dipstick, if you were low on the old dipstick it was actually low enough to cause some engines to blow due to not enough oil in motor. The new dipstick is shorter and it allows for an extra 200 cc of oil so that when it reads low it isn't low enough to blow the engine. The mowers affected by this were mowers with the engine number fh601v, fh641v fh680v, fh721v, all these engines have to start with A, if you have one of these engines but it starts with B you are o.k. because kawasaki allready put the correct dipstick in them. The example of a engine that needs one is fh680vA10685 one that doesn't need one is fh680vB10685.

Dan1944
11-20-2002, 06:28 AM
When I read your post on the Kawi dipsticks I went to my shop and breathed a big sigh of relief when I read my 23 kawi (56hrs) serial numbers, it has the letter B in it. Another item I donít have to worry about! :blush:

Thanks for the info

Dan the lawn care man

P&J Lawncare
11-20-2002, 10:02 AM
No problem, glad I could help.

Floridalandcare
12-05-2002, 03:20 PM
I received my new dip-stick in the mail today ,

freshcut
12-29-2002, 12:55 AM
I've got a question about this recall. Is it Hustlers responsibility or the dealers responsibility to contact us on defects? I have a Huslter 72 inch 25 kaw. that is affected and I have not received any notification about it? I would like to know who should be contacting me. I don't think I should have to monitor this web site to get the answers to recalls or other problems. Please let me know what the proper process if for being notified of defects or recalls. Thanks

mowerconsultant
12-29-2002, 03:20 PM
If your dealer registered your machine (he should of), he put the Kawasaki #'s on the warranty registration form.
If Kawasaki reported to us that a certain model and serial # needed this dipstick, we provided them with your info and they mail the dipstick.
This is a Kawasaki recall not a Hustler...........
Call your dealer to make sure, they can check the model and serial # of your engine and let you know.
Any recalls or bulletins are done via the dealer.
Any potential safety issue recalls are mailed to you directly and to your dealer at the same time.

Later
Pj