PDA

View Full Version : Leaves

TTM42
11-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Have been doing a lot of reading on the techniques of how people are handling leaves this season. Is the consensus to mulch them first and then vacuum them with a Walker or just suck them up with the Walker and not mulch them? Any help would be appreciated.

WJC
11-13-2011, 06:53 PM
I think that if you are going to be hauling the leaves off, then you would want to mulch them first just to reduce them. I usually suck them up on first pass to reduce turf damage from mower. Around here, we have curbside pickup from the city so I'm not too concerned about reduction. If it's a lawn that I haul the leaves off, then I mow them into strips and put the bagger on and go in reverse to pick them up cuz this will reduce them quite a bit.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
11-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Blow em all to the road and suck em up with your leaf. Loader. Then finish mow the yard and be on your way.
Posted via Mobile Device

JDiepstra
11-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Mulch kit with mulch blades. Cheapest and fastest for you. Customers dont know the difference.

32vld
11-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Have been doing a lot of reading on the techniques of how people are handling leaves this season. Is the consensus to mulch them first and then vacuum them with a Walker or just suck them up with the Walker and not mulch them? Any help would be appreciated.

Easy to say do it this way or that way.

Not easy to do it as other's say when you don't have the money to match their equipment.

You have to look for the least amount of handling to cut time that your bank roll can handle.

fireman gus
11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Depending on what the client wants but if we can we just mulch with our walker mower. If they want the leaves caught and hauled off we first mulch with our 42" walker with a mulching deck then use our 48" walker to bag and clean up the yard. Price is determined by what the client wants - mulched or bagged.