PDA

View Full Version : Moronic idiots

lawnman_scott
11-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Some dumb ass got caught by a neighbor in my truck today and the guy followed him but lost him. The foreigner was on a bike and said he was working with me then took off. Idiot took my wallet but nothing else. So I am out $13, an old wallet and my time at the DMV. Just a question for you guys that claim to carry guns. What would you do if you had caught him?

JDiepstra
11-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Their gun would have been stolen out of the truck and they would sure be sorry!

AI Inc
11-15-2011, 06:14 AM
Pointed it at his head and told him to get on the ground till the cops got there.

punt66
11-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Pointed it at his head and told him to get on the ground till the cops got there.

And if he didnt stop? Criminals are not to bright.

AI Inc
11-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Not much ya can do then. Cant shoot a man who is running away and poses no threat.

StihlMechanic
11-16-2011, 04:50 PM
In Texas you shoot first, ask questions later. Texas is a Castle Doctrine state. I like this because it drastically reduces crime. I don't fear theft as much here like other states. You can chase someone that has stolen from you, shoot even if they retreat. In Texas you cant open carry, and must have a conceal and carry license to carry a hand gun. Now the state has allowed you to carry a hand gun in your vehicle if you are "traveling". "Traveling" is loosely defined and is still being debated here.

Personally I dont have a concealed hand gun license, so I only carry when I go out of town. If I were robbed AND had my gun on me, yes, I would shoot to protect my property.

punt66
11-16-2011, 04:55 PM
In Texas you shoot first, ask questions later. Texas is a Castle Doctrine state. I like this because it drastically reduces crime. I don't fear theft as much here like other states. You can chase someone that has stolen from you, shoot even if they retreat. In Texas you cant open carry, and must have a conceal and carry license to carry a hand gun. Now the state has allowed you to carry a hand gun in your vehicle if you are "traveling". "Traveling" is loosely defined and is still being debated here.

Personally I dont have a concealed hand gun license, so I only carry when I go out of town. If I were robbed AND had my gun on me, yes, I would shoot to protect my property.

your crime rate is 5.25. National average is 4.5. CT is 2.96. Yea, working great!

JDiepstra
11-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Am i the only one who thinks its idiotic to shoot someone to protect their property? I mean, you have to be real messed up to do that. I have insurance to cover stolen property anyway. This year alone i have detained over 30 people for taking something that did not belong to them (aka stealing). Not once did i consider shooting them.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
11-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I carry and I would have held him till the police arrived. While sometimes I do wish that sc was like texas in shoot to protect property I'm not gonna say I would shoot first. Depends on what going on, but to answer the question as to if they run and you have them at gun point. In SC it is illeagel to shoot. Chasing them and detaining them is ok and there is nothing it the sc code about being nice and gentle. (i checked)

punt66
11-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Am i the only one who thinks its idiotic to shoot someone to protect their property? I mean, you have to be real messed up to do that. I have insurance to cover stolen property anyway. This year alone i have detained over 30 people for taking something that did not belong to them (aka stealing). Not once did i consider shooting them.

believe me, your not the only one. its disgusting.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
11-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Try having thousands stolen from you including a loaded gun taken from a parked car 10feet from where you and your wife are sleeping then talk. I'm not saying that is the best answer but a dead 1x time theif if better than a repeat offender. We need tougher laws then the theives will think twice. If you can break in and steal peoples stuff u can murder and rape and everything else. Crime for certian people is like pringles once you pop you just cant stop.

JDiepstra
11-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Try having thousands stolen from you including a loaded gun taken from a parked car 10feet from where you and your wife are sleeping then talk. I'm not saying that is the best answer but a dead 1x time theif if better than a repeat offender. We need tougher laws then the theives will think twice. If you can break in and steal peoples stuff u can murder and rape and everything else. Crime for certian people is like pringles once you pop you just cant stop.

Hahahha dont leave all that in your car duh!

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
11-16-2011, 07:27 PM
I left the gun in the car,the other stuff has been multiple incidents over the years. The night they got the gun they got over a dozen cars up and down the street. Shooting someone for that might be alittle harsh but I know where that comes from and I can't say that if I knew it was leagal and I saw someone jacking my stuff they just be dead paying with their life.

lawnman_scott
11-16-2011, 08:58 PM
I left the gun in the car,the other stuff has been multiple incidents over the years. The night they got the gun they got over a dozen cars up and down the street. Shooting someone for that might be alittle harsh but I know where that comes from and I can't say that if I knew it was leagal and I saw someone jacking my stuff they just be dead paying with their life.
Well i am out a 5 year old wallet that i liked, a note from my wife from long ago, 2 credit cards, a few receipts, and $13. I am still beyond pissed about it but are you saying you would shoot the loser over this? I am afraid that if you would that SC needs tougher laws regarding the right to carry, especially since you can't even control the weapons that you have, or had.

StihlMechanic
11-16-2011, 10:07 PM
It boils down to this IMO. Crime is everywhere, police and laws do nothing. Police only investigate crimes after the fact, they prevent nothing. Criminals are not as afraid of laws as they are afraid of being shot. I have lived in Texas 30 years, and in Ohio for 8 months. In the 8 months I lived in Ohio my car was broken into twice, I was robbed once. That was 3 crimes I alone experienced in 8 months, just minding my own business. Anyone I knew in Ohio warned me, for they had similar experiences. In Texas I have experienced no crime myself. Nothing is stolen, to break-ins, nothing. Of course I lock everything up, but still nothing has happened to me. I credit our loose guns laws. Citizens protect themselves, not laws, not the police.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-16-2011, 11:53 PM
IDK, if a thief was in my house or property, I have a duty to protect my wife and kids so I would do whatever it takes to do that. The wellbeing of the thief is not forefront on my mind.....

punt66
11-17-2011, 08:08 AM
IDK, if a thief was in my house or property, I have a duty to protect my wife and kids so I would do whatever it takes to do that. The wellbeing of the thief is not forefront on my mind.....

a home invasion is not the same as breaking and entering or a petty theft. If a home invader entered my home while we were there it wold be a bad day for that person for sure. It is unfortunate that people leave guns in cars and in general have a lack of understading of their responsibility of gun ownership. The act of leaving a gun in a car has put that gun in a criminals hands to possibly kill. That isnow on YOU. (not referrig to anybody here)

Patriot Services
11-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Florida has a "stand your ground law" which has done little to deter crime. In fact several people wound up on the other side of the law using that as a defense argument. As for all the tough guys that say they woudnt hesitate to take a life, you obviously have never found yourself in that situation. There is no good feeling from it. You never "get used to it" unless you truly have no soul.
Posted via Mobile Device

scagrider22
11-17-2011, 08:55 AM
It boils down to this IMO. Crime is everywhere, police and laws do nothing. Police only investigate crimes after the fact, they prevent nothing. Criminals are not as afraid of laws as they are afraid of being shot. I have lived in Texas 30 years, and in Ohio for 8 months. In the 8 months I lived in Ohio my car was broken into twice, I was robbed once. That was 3 crimes I alone experienced in 8 months, just minding my own business. Anyone I knew in Ohio warned me, for they had similar experiences. In Texas I have experienced no crime myself. Nothing is stolen, to break-ins, nothing. Of course I lock everything up, but still nothing has happened to me. I credit our loose guns laws. Citizens protect themselves, not laws, not the police.

Where in Ohio do you live? Ive lived in Ohio for 30 years and I dont think I even know anyone that has been robbed. Also Ohio and Texas gun laws are almost identical, you can shoot anyone who invades your private property and that includes your car even when your out on the road.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
11-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Well i am out a 5 year old wallet that i liked, a note from my wife from long ago, 2 credit cards, a few receipts, and $13. I am still beyond pissed about it but are you saying you would shoot the loser over this? I am afraid that if you would that SC needs tougher laws regarding the right to carry, especially since you can't even control the weapons that you have, or had.

This Sir is a moronic statement. In over a decade of handling firearms I HAVE NEVER LEFT A WEAPON UNSECURED. The gun was in a locked car. All my other firearms are secured under loak and key. The problem is and I'm gonna quote my Grandpa on this "a lock only keeps a honest person honest". I take every per cauation to insure my weapons are only accessable by people who should have that access. As to what I said is really the part left unsaid in the quote. If someone is bold enough to break into someone property to steal, whats to say they won't kill you? I keep upto date on all laws and I abide by them to the letter, but I personally feel that if we had the right to shoot to protect property there would be less crime. After the last time I had something stolen I have made it a point to open carry on my property and it has been quite sometime with out a single issue. So is the threat of death a deterant? I have my answer and you have yours. I will respect your choice and I hope you mine. I have had more experince with crimnals than I would like and that has taught me alot. I do everything in my power to deter theft but at the end of the day locks/chains/cameras only do so much. (I have all three in use) but I can assure you that the point they stop working a few hollow points will do the trick. I wish that sc would adopt the texas law and allow me the choice. Not to say I would but I want the option. As a side not sc does have a stand your ground law but you are only able to use force to counter force against you or another person, not property. I wish it would be different.

StihlMechanic
11-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Where in Ohio do you live? Ive lived in Ohio for 30 years and I dont think I even know anyone that has been robbed. Also Ohio and Texas gun laws are almost identical, you can shoot anyone who invades your private property and that includes your car even when your out on the road.

I lived in Columbus Ohio for 8 months back in 98-99, maybe the laws were different then. I would bet money the laws are different regarding personal protection of ones property. I even have the right to protect my neighbors property with force, with or without their permission.

I'm not debating who's state is better, just mentioning my experience. Bottom line, its well known in Texas to NOT steal. I'm not a trigger happy redneck, I just enjoy lower crime as a result of our citizen rights. I will protect my life and my property with out fear of prosecution.

scagrider22
11-17-2011, 05:22 PM
I lived in Columbus Ohio for 8 months back in 98-99, maybe the laws were different then. I would bet money the laws are different regarding personal protection of ones property. I even have the right to protect my neighbors property with force, with or without their permission.

I'm not debating who's state is better, just mentioning my experience. Bottom line, its well known in Texas to NOT steal. I'm not a trigger happy redneck, I just enjoy lower crime as a result of our citizen rights. I will protect my life and my property with out fear of prosecution.

Ok that makes sense, the gun laws have changed a lot here in the last 5 years. They are pretty much shoot first ask later. We dont have the right to protect a neighbors property though.

JB1
11-17-2011, 06:10 PM
wouldn't hurt my feelings if a lot more were shot for stealing.

newz7151
11-17-2011, 08:25 PM
As for all the tough guys that say they woudnt hesitate to take a life, you obviously have never found yourself in that situation. There is no good feeling from it. You never "get used to it" unless you truly have no soul.
Posted via Mobile Device

What about popping the guy in his dang leg so maybe he won't be able to run away as fast next time? And as to that being "deadly force" or not.. well, I guess it depends on where you hit him in his leg and if he gets away and to a hospital, or if he gets away to hide somewhere, passes out and bleeds to death.

Look, in the old days, if you were a friggin outlaw known for multiple aggravated robberies, they didn't throw you in a jail cell for the rest of your life if they ever caught you, they strung your ass up and put an end to it.. that's the problem now a days, if you're caught dead red handed "oh well, just live out my life in prison with the taxpayers paying for me". Now, if it was "holy crap gonna be hanging from the gallows" , maybe crime WOULD be less.

And to the fella that said about our crime rate being 5.something and the other places so low, that's because in Texas, when you shoot the criminal the law finds out about it, it is obvious that in YOUR state, people have gotten so tired of reporting crime only to have nothing done about it, that they've given up reporting it even.. so yeah, your crime rate is going to be lower because of that.

AI Inc
11-18-2011, 05:00 AM
You dont shoot someone in the leg. You aim for the solarplex and fire untill the threat is no longer there. If there is no threat to your life , you dont fire at all.

punt66
11-18-2011, 06:44 AM
And to the fella that said about our crime rate being 5.something and the other places so low, that's because in Texas, when you shoot the criminal the law finds out about it, it is obvious that in YOUR state, people have gotten so tired of reporting crime only to have nothing done about it, that they've given up reporting it even.. so yeah, your crime rate is going to be lower because of that.

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

stickleylawncare
11-20-2011, 11:02 PM
I think it is always easy to say what you THINK youd do in any situation that a firearm is involved, but when it comes down the actually being in the situation, its really hard to judge someone one way or the other. I don't think I could or would shot someone for trying to rob my truck/trailer, but if they are robbing me personally.. or are at all on my property/in the house, I think Id have no problems defending myself or family with deadly force. But who knows, I might just stand there and piss my pants... lucky I have never had to find out.

:usflag: The right to defend yourself should certainly be there in any case, and Im glad I live in Florida as far as gun laws are concerned.

AI Inc
11-21-2011, 06:08 AM
:usflag: The right to defend yourself should certainly be there in any case, and Im glad I live in Florida as far as gun laws are concerned.

Then you would like our laws. One has the right to defend life and property anywhere they have a legal right to be and if they are not the aggrssor they are immune from civil suit.

Cummins343
11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Am i the only one who thinks its idiotic to shoot someone to protect their property? I mean, you have to be real messed up to do that. I have insurance to cover stolen property anyway. This year alone i have detained over 30 people for taking something that did not belong to them (aka stealing). Not once did i consider shooting them.If you've killed before, you can surely do it again

Showpropserv
11-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Florida has a "stand your ground law" which has done little to deter crime. In fact several people wound up on the other side of the law using that as a defense argument. As for all the tough guys that say they woudnt hesitate to take a life, you obviously have never found yourself in that situation. There is no good feeling from it. You never "get used to it" unless you truly have no soul.
Posted via Mobile Device

22 married kid yep pretty much at that point:laugh::drinkup:

Liberty Landscaping LLC
11-24-2011, 06:03 PM
First of all the act of shooting someone anywhere leg, chest, arm is considered deadly force...in some states drawing a weapon is considered deadly force. In my state the majority of conceal weapons are law enforcement you have to show a lot of proof to obtain a conceal permit if not. As law enfocement we can not shoot anyone unless it is to protect our life or a third party's life. There is a subcue to that if there is an imminent risk to the public ie them walking away with a bloody knife and a body nearby or a convicted criminal escaping. You can notI shoot over property alone. Gotta love a liberal state.
Be safe a mower trimmer or blower isn't worth the risk they might not have a weapon but who is to say a look out nearby or partner isn't armed while you draw down on the thief.
Posted via Mobile Device

M & L
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I used to hate the judgemental course i had to take every six months.

but it makes you think. and it always made me.

its always different in every situation. And unless you really want that on your mind for the rest of your life you wont do it.

we used to refresh the 6 different levels of "use of force"

there are so many different "tools" to use before you get to that point.
If its house or family and i am met with that force or any that i can "articulate in a court" all bets are off.

I personally like karateeee in a can, but have the others tools as needed.

buy a sensor for your vehicle. someone had a link to one they sell at home junko from dewalt? if your vehicle/trailer or whatever its on moves it sets off a remote alarm in your posession

and if our considering getting one join the nra and a gun club.

this is always a good read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

integrityman
01-09-2012, 12:49 AM

Id kick his a$s If I caught him. Its a language pretty much everyone understands- specially criminals.....

weeze
01-11-2012, 01:50 AM
morons will be morons

BCboy
01-11-2012, 02:04 AM
In Texas you shoot first, ask questions later. Texas is a Castle Doctrine state. I like this because it drastically reduces crime. .

Now thats a great reason to live in Texas. I wish we could "legally" carry up here.

crazymike
01-11-2012, 11:24 AM
If someone steals my ****, I have insurance. So be it. They obviously needed it more than I did that day.

I would not shoot someone stealing my stuff. Causing harm to me or my family is different, but not theft.

Most people stealing are desperate people. They are stealing because they have hit bad times, or perhaps for drugs. Either way, they are desperate and need HELP, not to be shot. Go to prison, sure! But 90% of the people stealing weed whackers and lawnmowers are just desperate. Those people stealing heavy machinery, etc... are usually desperate people working for organized crime.

Personally, the chance of shooting someone and finding out it was a father of X and he was trying to get money for his kids medication. Or perhaps someone severely addicted wth nobody in their life to help them get help, is too great. I wouldn't sleep right after that. I would rather they go to jail, get the help and support they need.

But in Canada we don't have to worry about that choice, you simply can't shoot them.

zspeed130
01-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Wow, glad I stumbled onto this one! For the record Texas law (and castle doctrine) do not allow you to "shoot first and ask questions later to protect all of your property. You may protect your Home, or dwelling and in some states your vehicle if you are in it. You CANNOT just shoot someone for breaking in your car. Call your prosecutors office. Don't believe me, have fun in jail or in a million dollar civil suit. Was it worth it over a wallet, a mower or a truck?

I am for very justice in gun laws, that is to say carry what you want, be a responsible citizen. Criminals will commit crime. They will buy guns, find guns or steal guns. The most important part of the issue to me is it is in no way just, constitutional, or right to take away a mans right to defend himself, his family or others in any situation with the common means of the day (first the fist then the rock then the sword now the gun).

Indiana has been very gun friendly and has even let off some idiots who behaved borderline recklessly because they were defending themselves or their property. Ask any cop worth his salt and they will tell you most criminals understand one thing, speedy violent force. In the areas of our town where the citizens responsibly answer criminals with it. Crime moves on and those areas get safer. In areas where people do not or "wait for the professionals" they keep getting robbed.

I carry a gun every day, but will only use it to defend my well being or that of someone around me. As for the guy breaking into my car, if I walked up behind him and I thought I could get the drop I would tell him Turn around and stand down I am prepared to defend myself. He would probably run and I would only be able to give the description to the cops. But he probably would pick a different truck (or different county) next time he broke into a vehicle

just my .02

Oh and to the guys saying "I'd shoot his arse" I hope you have at least taken some high stress training/gun fighting classes. It's not as easy as it is at the range on a sunny 70 degree day. It is VERY difficult to shoot under stress. You will not rise to the occasion you will default to your training (if any). But hey I am for your right to defend yourself either way!

Z.

McCord L & I
01-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Sh*t....here in California, if I didn't help the ****** bag, I would most likely be sued by him!:wall

landscaper22
01-22-2012, 07:55 PM

In my state you have the right to use whatever force is reasonable to stop someone from stealing your property. Can you legally shoot someone for walking off with a trimmer??? No. Would I do that??? No. But, I am within my rights to protect my property. That would probably mean yelling at the person to stop or giving chase and beating the person up or whatever to get my property back. BUT, it is up to the thief as to what happens from there. If he drops my item and runs away, it's over. If he turns and comes after me with a knife, pitch fork, or whatever, then all bets are off. Yes, I would shoot the person because my life is being threatened.
I don't care if I have ins or not. It's my property, and it's not free for anyone to take. Sorry. I work hard for my stuff, and I am not gonna just stand there and watch someone walk off with my stuff and say "have a nice day friend"

landscaper22
01-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Detaining is a good idea, but if they are jacked up on drugs or something, you never know what is gonna happen. The ball is sort of in their court, ya know?

USAONE
05-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Put a good ole country beatin on his a** and make him like it. If he needed money for food or a sick kid all he need to do is ask. I think all of us would help.

mjlcare2
05-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Who's gonna argue he wasn't threatening your life if HE is dead!

Patriot Services
05-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Who's gonna argue he wasn't threatening your life if HE is dead!

But nowadays dead men do tell tales. You can get CSI'd into a charge as easy as if the perp gave a live testimony.
Posted via Mobile Device

mjlcare2
05-14-2012, 08:45 PM
But nowadays dead men do tell tales. You can get CSI'd into a charge as easy as if the perp gave a live testimony.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know, it was a joke.. We all know about the issues in Central Florida going on right now