PDA

View Full Version : St. Augustine not growing much

williams lcm
11-15-2011, 03:48 PM
I am on EOW but most of my St.Augustine lawns can go on every three weeks. I had a few customers tell me not to mow it because it has not grown. We have had no rain and we can only water the lawns once a week. How are your lawns looking?

Florida Gardener
11-15-2011, 04:04 PM
My yards have slowed down nice, but still look good. We water 2x/wk plus I fertilized everyone 3 weeks ago so that has helped. I would love to go every 3 weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device

williams lcm
11-15-2011, 06:17 PM
You guys dont have water restrictions where you can only water once a week? I thought most counties in Florida passed that restriction. They say you dont need to water more than once a week in the winter because it is just wasting water . When you can only water once a week the grass will not grow much.

Florida Gardener
11-15-2011, 06:27 PM
we can actually go 3x/week now.

There is still a need to go 2x/wk as it is still in the 80's here.

j-ville native
11-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah I'm going to let the St. Augustine lawns that I am cutting this week go until Dec. 15 before I mow them for the last time before winter. Also we only water once a week this time of year because it is not warm enough to evaporate all the ground water that would collect from twice a week waterings.

Florida Gardener
11-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Yeah I'm going to let the St. Augustine lawns that I am cutting this week go until Dec. 15 before I mow them for the last time before winter. Also we only water once a week this time of year because it is not warm enough to evaporate all the ground water that would collect from twice a week waterings.

wow, your lawns wont grow much for a whole month?? What a vast difference b/t north and south florida....

Keith
11-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Most of my SA lawns got their last weekly cut on Oct 28th. I didn't know it was going to work out like that, but it did. I figured I would do most of them every 10 days for a few weeks, but they all are fine at 2 weeks. I won't push 3 yet. Of course the heat and humidity is back now. It was pretty miserable today

j-ville native
11-15-2011, 07:42 PM
wow, your lawns wont grow much for a whole month?? What a vast difference b/t north and south florida....

Yeah, lol and they won't even really need it in a month but I'll do them anyways so that they look nice and trimmed up for the winter. I actually looked over my record books from last year and I had some lawns that I cut for the last cut of the year in November and then didn't cut them again until March

j-ville native
11-15-2011, 07:44 PM
today was the first warm day in a while. Its been cold here

williams lcm
11-15-2011, 08:38 PM
You still do year round contract up in Jacksonville or pay per cut?

Patriot Services
11-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Today was in the 80's with 100% humidity. Woke up to thick fog almost like a mist. Growth is nil. Hoping it will all stay green this year. I hate brown SA.
Posted via Mobile Device

stickleylawncare
11-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Im just outside of JAX and a lot of our yards will probably be every 3 weeks it looks like, there are a few that are still growing slowly, but steadily. We use 12 month renewable contracts, and take care of other things when the grass isnt growing in the "cold" part of winter.

Landscape Poet
11-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah, lol and they won't even really need it in a month but I'll do them anyways so that they look nice and trimmed up for the winter. I actually looked over my record books from last year and I had some lawns that I cut for the last cut of the year in November and then didn't cut them again until March

Last year the state was hit with a cold front and all the way down here we had our first freeze by the very end of December!! That is why you cuts were done last year in November for sure.

Depends on my lawns and the care it gets....most are fine after one week for sure...a majority have so far still needed cut so far on the second week, a few could make it three weeks for sure especially if they are not only any fert program. The biggest things I face on some of them is edging does not look crisp and clean after too weeks for sure but could pass as looking reasonable if they were not paying me:laugh:

Landscape Poet
11-15-2011, 10:22 PM
We use 12 month renewable contracts, and take care of other things when the grass isnt growing in the "cold" part of winter.

Like what other things? Shrubs still need to be tightened up here and there but the last couple years after a freeze even they have halted growth too during this time frame. Are these residential customers or commercial? I would think year round would be a hard sell up there?

Florida Gardener
11-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Like what other things? Shrubs still need to be tightened up here and there but the last couple years after a freeze even they have halted growth too during this time frame. Are these residential customers or commercial? I would think year round would be a hard sell up there?

Mike I could be wrong but I think they have a lot more deciduous trees up there so I would think leaf cleanups would be constant...
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
11-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Mike I could be wrong but I think they have a lot more deciduous trees up there so I would think leaf cleanups would be constant...
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess - but if it was anything like back home in the north where I am from - it would be hard I would think to give a price on tree clean ups built into your yearly estimate as many factors could effect the outcome...dont know I am interested to here how they do it up there for sure if one of them would answer.

stickleylawncare
11-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Its mostly small clean up things, oak leaf clean ups, balls of peat moss, dead palm fronds, keeping the driveway,sidewalks clean,shrubs/hedges, etc... Little stuff a homeowner could deal with themselves, but just continue to want their lawn service to handle throughout the year.

Patriot Services
11-16-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm dreading the abundant acorn harvest that is soon to come.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
11-16-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm dreading the abundant acorn harvest that is soon to come.
Posted via Mobile Device

Already have them dropping like crazy on a couple of properties with older establsihed trees. On Monday, I have two right next to each other which both are acorn nightmares, we blew off one of the properties, went to the next property and blew it off, on the way back to the trailer I bet you there were 40 acorns already back in the first driveway. I do not charge for really doing a proper job of actually raking and removing them and I have no interest in doing so. I hate the little suckers.

Keith
11-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Last year was the worst year I had ever seen for acorns. This year is worse.

RAlmaroad
11-17-2011, 05:48 AM
I do not mow for people. However, I have a guy that does mow. He uses a 12HP Snapper with the Hi-Vac. Going at a very slow speed with the deck at about 3.5-4", does a great job of picking up the acorns. I do set the irrigation to go off early in the day so mowing with wet soil keep the dirt from being sucked up also. Generally very little grass is mowed since most southern grasses have gone dormant or quit growing. My people are older and raking is out of the question for them and him. He charges for an extra mowing. I'm also thinking that if those things were run through a chipper/shredder that they would make great compost. I know they are very acidic but this soil is so alakaline (pH above 7.5) might be returned to the ground.
In SC we have acorns in the fall and leaves in the spring to pick up--a two-fold attack. It would be nice that both would happen at the same time as the northern guys. We have a variety of water oak that drops leaves in the late fall and puts on new leaves in the spring but most are live oaks and drop leaves in the spring when the new growth begins.

Ric
11-17-2011, 08:35 AM
I do not mow for people. However, I have a guy that does mow. He uses a 12HP Snapper with the Hi-Vac. Going at a very slow speed with the deck at about 3.5-4", does a great job of picking up the acorns. I do set the irrigation to go off early in the day so mowing with wet soil keep the dirt from being sucked up also. Generally very little grass is mowed since most southern grasses have gone dormant or quit growing. My people are older and raking is out of the question for them and him. He charges for an extra mowing. I'm also thinking that if those things were run through a chipper/shredder that they would make great compost. I know they are very acidic but this soil is so alakaline (pH above 7.5) might be returned to the ground.
In SC we have acorns in the fall and leaves in the spring to pick up--a two-fold attack. It would be nice that both would happen at the same time as the northern guys. We have a variety of water oak that drops leaves in the late fall and puts on new leaves in the spring but most are live oaks and drop leaves in the spring when the new growth begins.

Roy

Yes I remember the Snapper 30" single blade High Vaccum Mower painted Red with a white Brigg& Straton Motor. They could be stood on end for storage. They were the best vaccum deck ever invented for a lawn mower. I believe they were mower of the Year in 1922.:D

RAlmaroad
11-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Roy

Yes I remember the Snapper 30" single blade High Vaccum Mower painted Red with a white Brigg& Straton Motor. They could be stood on end for storage. They were the best vaccum deck ever invented for a lawn mower. I believe they were mower of the Year in 1922.:D

Yes Ric--You and I were about the only two that were at that show!

fl-landscapes
11-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Yes Ric--You and I were about the only two that were at that show!

And got a senior citizen discount to get in :)
Posted via Mobile Device

zturncutter
11-17-2011, 06:07 PM
LOL:laugh: that was the mower I bought new in 1976 to start my first lawn service, as I recall the transmission used the same rubber disc steel plate setup as they used on the small walkbehinds. I was always replacing the rubber disc, that is until I blew up the all aluminum engine.

RAlmaroad
11-17-2011, 06:18 PM
This thing that Jay the mower guy uses looks like it came over on the Mayflower. Amazing old machine but still a great job. I think it is more in the mower than the mower. Selecting the right speed and height of turf has more to do with the looks of the lawn than the machine. Anyway, as long and he does the lawns to MY satisfaction; I couldn't care if he used a scythe with a bagger.

Ric
11-17-2011, 07:05 PM
This thing that Jay the mower guy uses looks like it came over on the Mayflower. Amazing old machine but still a great job. I think it is more in the mower than the mower. Selecting the right speed and height of turf has more to do with the looks of the lawn than the machine. Anyway, as long and he does the lawns to MY satisfaction; I couldn't care if he used a scythe with a bagger.

Roy

Snapper also made that same model with a 8 Hp Briggs. Two reasons why that mower gives such a good cut. First is the Vaccuum deck and Second is the ground speed is Minus 2 MPH.

unkownfl
11-17-2011, 09:27 PM
A lot of customers Lawns are dry right now. It felt like mowing dusty St Augustine. I don't understand how people try to save 20 bucks cutting water yet are willing to spend 300 a pallet to replace sod??? Customer always knows best I guess.

Landscape Poet
11-18-2011, 09:05 AM
A lot of customers Lawns are dry right now. It felt like mowing dusty St Augustine. I don't understand how people try to save 20 bucks cutting water yet are willing to spend 300 a pallet to replace sod??? Customer always knows best I guess.

Could be a good thing. A good portion of mine tend to overwater :hammerhead: and are experiencing Brown Patch like there is no tomorrow!
In all honesty the turf requirements of water are a lot less right now IMHO as it is not as active, evaporation is not as rapid etc etc.

jvanvliet
11-23-2011, 06:41 PM

$300 a pallet? Is that installed?

Patriot Services
11-23-2011, 06:44 PM

Not installed by me it ain't. Even better is when they spend good money on sod and cheap out on the aftercare.
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
11-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Not installed by me it ain't. Even better is when they spend good money on sod and cheap out on the aftercare.
Posted via Mobile Device

They'll do it everytime. They think all they need to do is add more water, it's a constant battle. We service the irrigation for some clients so we manage the water. We have far less problems with pests and pathogens and a healthier turf to boot.

$300 a pallet seems like a lot, I just paid $110.00 for Floritam delivered.

Enjoy thanksgiving!

Florida Gardener
11-23-2011, 07:37 PM
They'll do it everytime. They think all they need to do is add more water, it's a constant battle. We service the irrigation for some clients so we manage the water. We have far less problems with pests and pathogens and a healthier turf to boot.

$300 a pallet seems like a lot, I just paid $110.00 for Floritam delivered.

Enjoy thanksgiving!
$300/pallet R&R is low IMO. $350 is the lowest I will do it for, but like to get $375-$400. I have no problem passing on sod work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
11-23-2011, 09:59 PM
I quoted a buck a sq ft installed this past season and landed 75% of the jobs. I won't do layovers or scalp and drops. Its my least favorite work but I made some good money at it this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
11-23-2011, 11:15 PM
I used to hate sod like the rest of you....until I started subbing it out as they could do it cheaper than I could a majority of the time. This year's end I will have a pretty mint in sod revenue and on most jobs the most I did was paint out the area to be replaced, flag irrigation, follow up and collect the money.
I wish all subbing went this easy and this profitable.

Landscape Poet
11-23-2011, 11:21 PM

Unknown's area is rampid with low ballers on sod. From the wholesellers to the weekend warriors and craiglist bandits - if he is getting $300 or more per pallet he is doing well for that market. I have pitched a few down there recently and had them look at me like I was crazy for asking for $325 to $350 for anything less than 1600 square. Every once in awhile I still knock one out of the park however.

Unknowns area is a rather wealthy neighborhoods. The problem with some of those extra wealthy neighborhoods is that everyone is willing to work cheap there to get there foot in the door. They will lay sod for cheap thinking it will lead to mowing accounts for them:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

jvanvliet
11-24-2011, 10:35 AM
*trucewhiteflag*

My question was really if he was paying $300 for the sod or if that was the price installed. $300 per pallet from the farm to the LCO not installed is highway robbery and $300 installed to the HO is giving it away (assuming he does the right prep work).

Recently we paid $110 (Floratam) for 500sq ft. & $35 flat delivery fee for up to 8 pallets. To install we base our price on the number of pallets, 1-2 $1.00 sq.foot;3-5 .85 cts per sq ft, 6+ .75cts. If the price goes up, we pass on the delivery fee to the client. One month ago we paid $125.00 a pallet.

I'd like to say the prices are not negotiable, but I can't... negotiation room is based on my calender and at what PIA scale the customer is on. Usually once I explain our installation process and the after care, we get our price or close to it.

unkownfl
11-24-2011, 11:55 PM
Yes that's removal and installed. Sod cutter, dingo, then laid. I pay around 130 a pallet by the time I add in labor and fuel equipment to get the sod to the job. Lots of guys will do it for 225 and up for doing it right sod cutter and install. No chemicals. If I have spray work being done the customers I've dealt with tell Massey or Heron to spray it out before I rip it out or take the chance of it coming back. Same with sedge, etc. I do however tune up the sprinklers and raise or lower heads for $300 a pallet installed. I have a lot of competition but I can rip/lap a pallet with 2 hours of labor so $60 per man hour isn't bad. I figured all the other bull crap out dump cost of sod fuel equipment $120 is what I have to pay my labor. I hate SOD and I usually pass on it or tell them the spray guy can fix that with some time.

jvanvliet
11-25-2011, 07:42 AM
I can see why you would hate it; our margins are better I like doing sod and ornamental installations / renovations this time of year because it keeps my crews busy.

Ric
11-25-2011, 10:11 AM

There is money in sod in good times when construction is booming. Right now I am not so sure I would want to be in the Sod Business. Lack of construction has a lot of sod guys hungry and bidding low.

Current Sod Cost in the field is $ 0.15 a sq ft or $ 60.00 a 400 sq ft pallet of St Augustine. Bahia sod can go as low as $ 15.00 a 400 sq ft pallet.

Pricing for installation. you should figure half your price is Tear out of the old Sod. Therefore a price of $ 300 a pallet means $ 150 is for sod cutting and removal of 400 sq ft. That means you are only getting $ 150 for laying a pallet you just paid $ 125 to have delivered. My point is having the Heavy Duty trucks and Equipment allows you to make a large margin if you have the volume.

Right now I am seeing competitve bids at $ 200 a pallet for total rip out and replacement by the big boys just to stay alive. I am in fact hooked up with a Sod Company that has me Kill off the present lawn and then over lays it with the new sod. Much to my surprise the jobs are not looking bad at all.

Florida Gardener
11-25-2011, 08:32 PM

There is money in sod in good times when construction is booming. Right now I am not so sure I would want to be in the Sod Business. Lack of construction has a lot of sod guys hungry and bidding low.

Current Sod Cost in the field is $ 0.15 a sq ft or $ 60.00 a 400 sq ft pallet of St Augustine. Bahia sod can go as low as $ 15.00 a 400 sq ft pallet.

Pricing for installation. you should figure half your price is Tear out of the old Sod. Therefore a price of $ 300 a pallet means $ 150 is for sod cutting and removal of 400 sq ft. That means you are only getting $ 150 for laying a pallet you just paid $ 125 to have delivered. My point is having the Heavy Duty trucks and Equipment allows you to make a large margin if you have the volume.

Right now I am seeing competitve bids at $ 200 a pallet for total rip out and replacement by the big boys just to stay alive. I am in fact hooked up with a Sod Company that has me Kill off the present lawn and then over lays it with the new sod. Much to my surprise the jobs are not looking bad at all.

This is why I have no problem passing on sod work. I don't own a cutter or machines, and with people doing the work that cheap, it ain't worth it to me. If it a pallet or 1/2 pallet patch work, or a straight lay to an area that is bare or has been cleared, I will do that. But at that point(straight lay) most people would be bidding peanuts as it doesn't take a brain surgeon to do it.

On another note, I have a customer who we landscaped 3 years ago and he also had new sod and irrig. system installed. He previously had bahia with a lot of weeds. The sod was done in May right before the bahia started growing like crazy. The sod company sprayed the whole lawn, I cut it down to the dirt and they threw the St. Aug on top. I tell you, in 3 years, the only weeds that have popped up are broadleaves, and some areas that struggled during the dry months have had a little bermuda pop up, but other than that, this lawn looks awesome. A straight lay can work in certain situations, this being one of them.

jvanvliet
11-26-2011, 10:55 AM
It's always a question of do I want work or not... That's the case for any work that comes along. If I don't really want the work, I price it high enough that if I got the work I'm not entirely dissapointed (although there IS work I just plain don't want... #10 PIA HO's). Or, if I'm too busy right now, I'll let the client know when I can do it and refer one of my friends in the business (we don't steal accounts from each other) who might do it sooner.

Sod is hard and dirty work, but when it comes to zero money and some money, some is always better... as long as it doesn't cost me to do the work, some money is always better payup

When times are lean, can't be too fussy about what's for dinner.

Keith
11-29-2011, 08:22 PM
WTF happened? I mowed a few lawns on Monday the 21st that had not been cut in two weeks. They were a little overgrown. I thought, well maybe next week I might have to do these at 10 days. I went back yesterday to trim some hedges at two of them. Keep in mind, these were cut 7 days ago. They needed to be mowed then! I didn't have the mower, so I had to go back and do them today. Same story at a couple more I looked at today. Several need to go back to weekly. I hope this cold is enough to slow them. I'm not looking forward to cutting numerous lawns weekly in December.

zturncutter
11-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Job security :laugh:, soil moisture and growth are definitely higher than last fall.

Florida Gardener
11-29-2011, 08:51 PM
WTF happened? I mowed a few lawns on Monday the 21st that had not been cut in two weeks. They were a little overgrown. I thought, well maybe next week I might have to do these at 10 days. I went back yesterday to trim some hedges at two of them. Keep in mind, these were cut 7 days ago. They needed to be mowed then! I didn't have the mower, so I had to go back and do them today. Same story at a couple more I looked at today. Several need to go back to weekly. I hope this cold is enough to slow them. I'm not looking forward to cutting numerous lawns weekly in December.
Keith, this is why I outline in my estimate that the price is based off of 38 cuts. That way if we have a warmer than usual winter, or an early spring/summer, I'm not cutting weekly for free. I have one guy with a very nice and vigorous St Aug lawn that wasn't overgrown last week, but 2 weeks would have been. I already established with him last year that anything above 38 is extra and he paid me for 5 extra cuts early this year and one last week. I also did the same last year with 3 other customers and they didn't complain.
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
11-30-2011, 06:09 AM
Keith, this is why I outline in my estimate that the price is based off of 38 cuts. That way if we have a warmer than usual winter, or an early spring/summer, I'm not cutting weekly for free. Posted via Mobile Device

Good thinking! That's why we should always put our services and fees in writting so there can be no misunderstanding.

Keith
11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Money is not the issue. It was just an observation about the weather. I could not believe that I would actually have to go back to weekly on a few lawns when it is almost the first of December. The reality is this weather right now should shut it down. It's just a little late getting here.

On the money, I don't have a hard and fast rule of how many times I will cut a lawn per year. I guess the number in my head is 41 or 42. If this becomes a trend, then yeah, I would have to reevaluate my monthly prices. But for the last several years the spring has been so arid that going back to weekly has been pushed that back to nearly May.

Landscape Poet
11-30-2011, 07:27 PM

We have been spoiled the last couple of years is what happened. If you recall last year at this time we had that early frost and life was good as we got nailed several nights in a row the end of November, which turned everything brown as heck. I know I did not do anything for awhile because the frost essentially shut everything down.
Not sure if I want that to come again this year or not but I will take the recent drop in temp as today and yesterday were outstanding days to be working outside. This morning my nipples got a little hard it was so cold when I first walked outside:D:D

jvanvliet
11-30-2011, 07:38 PM
This morning my nipples got a little hard it was so cold when I first walked outside:D:D

That's odd, I think I'm a little wet :p

williams lcm
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
We had some rain last week and temp in the low 80's . I dont care how much it grows I dont start weekly mowing until April. Always have always will. I need to make my money in the winter because those summers really take its toll on the body. I am enjoying my time off. It is going quick (4 months to weekly mowing :( )

Florida Gardener
12-01-2011, 09:33 PM
We had some rain last week and temp in the low 80's . I dont care how much it grows I dont start weekly mowing until April. Always have always will. I need to make my money in the winter because those summers really take its toll on the body. I am enjoying my time off. It is going quick (4 months to weekly mowing :( )

Dude, it just started dont even talk with that blasphemy yet. I just hope for one good freeze.
Posted via Mobile Device

Keith
12-01-2011, 09:46 PM
To all of you that have been doing this a while, tell me that in the middle of August you haven't seriously contemplated moving to a cooler climate. I know I do. I know I start thinking about it in May and don't quit until about now.

zturncutter
12-01-2011, 10:47 PM
To all of you that have been doing this a while, tell me that in the middle of August you haven't seriously contemplated moving to a cooler climate. I know I do. I know I start thinking about it in May and don't quit until about now.

Guilty as charged, every single year !

jvanvliet
12-02-2011, 07:06 AM
I love the heat and humidity. Temperatures much below 78 and I'll get chilled doing nothing.

My wife and I turn the AC down to 76 at night and sleep with a down comforter...

I hate being cold!

Landscape Poet
12-02-2011, 09:48 AM
I love the heat and humidity. Temperatures much below 78 and I'll get chilled doing nothing.

My wife and I turn the AC down to 76 at night and sleep with a down comforter...

I hate being cold!

Plus 1 - lived up north in that sh8t long enough. Last year I was there I got a week of temps in the mid 60's followed by 18 inches of snow the next week:confused:

Now I will take the ease of growing grass up there anyday. Resod? Nope why would you - just throw down some seed and call it done. I was thinking about this the other day. Down here we give too much of our work away. Take shrubs for example. Up north Shrubs can bring a premium to be trimmed and pruned. Now we are not talking a once a month premium...but rather the owner will pay damn good money to have them pruned and trimmed maybe two to three times a year on some properties. They work less on the shrubs in a year than many of us do in a couple of months and get to charge for it. Down here we trim the hell out of them for a little extra each month - and with our growth rate on some of them - that may mean trimming every week a little.
Like I said the weather is a lot better but everything else is a little hard for us and we get paid a little less for it along the way. Just not make a whole lot of sense.
Now who does have the advantage down here is the L and O operators as it is commom place to have one on your residential lawn here to protect you from cinch bugs etc even if you are not going for lawn of the month. Up north if you are not going for lawn of the month - guess what - a bag of Scotts takes a homeowner a long way - if they lose some turf - no biggie - pick up a bag of seed and throw it down and water - chia lawn in 7 to 10 days.

williams lcm
12-02-2011, 06:35 PM
We need more than one freeze. I want at least 2 this year. Last year was great. Some lawns went 5 to 6 weeks before being cut.

Landscape Poet
12-02-2011, 07:51 PM
We need more than one freeze. I want at least 2 this year. Last year was great. Some lawns went 5 to 6 weeks before being cut.

Plus 1 - let the freezes happen around ....mmmmmmmm....lets say late Feb.....life would be grand and our pockets would be fat.

Florida Gardener
12-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Plus 1 - let the freezes happen around ....mmmmmmmm....lets say late Feb.....life would be grand and our pockets would be fat.

+10. I'm all for more freezes, but as long as we get 1 I will be happy.
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
12-03-2011, 07:20 AM
I like a good prolonged (24-48 hours max) freeze. It beefs up the renovation work for spring.

But Michael, I hear you on the benefits of Northern LC maintenance. But consider this, they have to suck wind for four to six months out of the year. They have to hustle to clean leaves & plow snow... The leaves will be there, but any school kid with a rake, a blower and some bags can do that and the HO will shaft the LCO to save a couple of bucks on clean up. Then, what if it doesn't snow?

I got a 365 day season here. I think it balances out in my favor. Currently my problem is not that S. Augustine is not growing much, the problem is that it remains relatively robust.

Fairly regular rain, (it's raining even as I type this) higher than normal temperatures introduce a lot of problems that have usually gone away by now. Fungus remains a major issue as well as grubs. I haven't seen too much on the cinch bug yet.

We have to remain on high alert for outbreaks so we don't get a WTF happened to my lawn call.