PDA

View Full Version : has Anyone Tried Lawn Service Assistant?

SavEcoMowing
11-16-2011, 02:51 PM
I am starting a new eco-friendly lawn care company, Savannah Eco Mowing (http://www.savannahecomowing.com), and I am trying to decide what software to use for scheduling, etc. Has anyone tried Lawn Service Assistant? seems to be pretty affordable anyway.

Jobber
11-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey there — Congratulations! I just thought I would throw our name in the hat as well if you're evaluating software for your new business. Jobber (http://www.getjobber.com) is an online solution with all kinds of features to support your goal of being an eco-friendly business. We have a mobile interface that can keep you and your employees informed and connected without having to print anything off, and quotes and invoices can be automatically e-mailed directly from Jobber to your customers.

We offer a 30-day free no commitment trial, so give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Sam

ralph02813
11-19-2011, 05:35 PM
I am using quickbooks on line it cost 10 a month, check it out invoices, statements, email or print em out full bookkeeping for a couple of bucks more you can add also sorts of stuff.

SavEcoMowing
11-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks Ralph I've been looking at that also, thought maybe software geared toward a lawn care might have helpful features quickbooks doesn't.

ralph02813
11-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks Ralph I've been looking at that also, thought maybe software geared toward a lawn care might have helpful features quickbooks doesn't.

Take a deeper look into quickbooks when you go up to different levels there are charts of accounts for different industries, I figured I didn't need to go that deep so I didn't.

Jobber
11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
SavEcoMowing -

There is certainly a lot of functionality that a purpose built business management system can provide over and above what QuickBooks can offer.

Our company makes Jobber (http://www.getjobber.com), and our software was built from the ground up specifically to satisfy the business management needs of your lawn care company. Jobber handles quoting, job management, scheduling, billing & invoicing, time tracking and much more. We're constantly building more features and improving the software. We currently offer bare bones accounting functionality, but also integrate with QuickBooks and have plans to integrate with other accounting software services as well.

We offer a 30 day free trial with no commitments or credit card required to sign up, so go ahead and set up an account and have a poke around. If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to get in touch with our help desk, or follow up right here in the thread.

Cheers,
Sam

Ducke
11-29-2011, 09:26 PM
I have been using Quick books as well I bought it for $129.00 cdn.
I like it very much. I am going to be looking for a scheduling, routing software for next season but not sure what I will be using yet but am looking at several at this time.
QB dose all the basic stuff Invoicing , estimates banking inventory control vehicle mileage and Tax prep/bookkeeping. Only thing it dosn't do is routing of your manpower and Scheduling of your jobs.

ralph02813
11-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Ducke, Before you jump from quickbooks check out what else it can do, like payroll and job costing and billing with a portable laptop,I think you could have you team leaders entire full on the job time - time cost can also be calculated differently for different sites. I went with the only subscription because updates are included. In the enterprise additon you can also use industry type ledger for example contractor or professional services which ever fits better

Ducke
11-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Ducke, Before you jump from quickbooks check out what else it can do, like payroll and job costing and billing with a portable laptop,I think you could have you team leaders entire full on the job time - time cost can also be calculated differently for different sites. I went with the only subscription because updates are included. In the enterprise additon you can also use industry type ledger for example contractor or professional services which ever fits better

I'm not going to get rid of QB I like it very much and it dose lot of what I need but I want to get a software program that will compliment QB that is lawn/Landscape based.

ralph02813
11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm not going to get rid of QB I like it very much and it dose lot of what I need but I want to get a software program that will compliment QB that is lawn/Landscape based.

Don't know if you know this, but, quickbooks as a list of certified consultants check it out you might find someone that can design and excel sheet that would fit the bill you want or some thing else.

Ducke
11-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Don't know if you know this, but, quickbooks as a list of certified consultants check it out you might find someone that can design and excel sheet that would fit the bill you want or some thing else.

Thanks
I will have to try that.

RigglePLC
12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
I am not sure about what is available. Just be sure to cover the most important parts. Continuing service, routing, billing, posting checks, recording chemical treatment records(as required by your state govt).
Ideally, you should be able to print an invoice in your truck, with less than 10 keystrokes. It should take less than 10 seconds to post a payment or post a charge.

Ducke
12-01-2011, 08:40 PM
I am not sure about what is available. Just be sure to cover the most important parts. Continuing service, routing, billing, posting checks, recording chemical treatment records(as required by your state govt).
Ideally, you should be able to print an invoice in your truck, with less than 10 keystrokes. It should take less than 10 seconds to post a payment or post a charge.

Laptop and printer in my truck is a few years off for me. It would be nice but I have some other equipment I want to purchase yet before the luxury stuff get bought.

bnclawncare
12-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I am currently using Gopher Software. It performs very well with scheduling, invoicing, etc...

TMlawncare
12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
If you are a Quickbooks user, try Qxpress. It is designed for service companies, especially lawn care companies. We have used it for 3 years now and it is amazing. Heck I am still learning and only using its most basic functions. The program intergrated perfectly with Quickbooks.

ralph02813
12-05-2011, 04:30 AM
If you are a Quickbooks user, try Qxpress. It is designed for service companies, especially lawn care companies. We have used it for 3 years now and it is amazing. Heck I am still learning and only using its most basic functions. The program intergrated perfectly with Quickbooks.

Nice find, it seemingly doesn't just about everything else that quick books doesn't do specifically for the lc business and its not just an add on , but an integrated one. It will also grow with you, I am impress it doesn't say how long the free trial is so I think I am going to wait in case its only 30 days and down load it in March Thanks again TM