PDA

View Full Version : Pinellas County Anyone? Or surrounding area?

hawthornelawncare
11-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi there everyone im looking to network with fellow people in the pinellas county fl area or surrounding areas. Looking to maybe start up a local get togethar and talk about tricks of the trade and other important ideas. This is not about stealing customers but to better us small buisness men and help one another thrive and reach new goals.

If anyone is interested please contact me.

Hawthorne LawnCare and Landscaping
christopher hawthorne
hawthorne@hawthornelawncare.com

South Florida Lawns
11-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Your website says you have no overhead, I wanna know the trick to that!

hawthornelawncare
11-21-2011, 09:46 PM
hey there hehe no overhead cause right now its just myself so im not paying employees. only cost i have are gas and my own expenses.

Florida Gardener
11-21-2011, 10:15 PM
hey there hehe no overhead cause right now its just myself so im not paying employees. only cost i have are gas and my own expenses.

That would still be overhead....
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
11-21-2011, 11:12 PM
That would still be overhead....
Posted via Mobile Device

plus 1

Lets not forget if you are truly running business...your salary is overhead..so is any gas that you use getting to and from jobs, the tires usage on the truck to and from jobs, the vehicle and equipment replacement cost that you should be saving for and if we are talking to the IRS...the space in your garage that you store equipment, your internet fee each month, your phone charges, your clothing cost etc etc etc.......we all have overhead OP, if not my profits would be outstanding. :laugh:

South Florida Lawns
11-22-2011, 01:43 AM
I drink a lot of beer............ on the job is that overhead?

Landscape Poet
11-22-2011, 09:36 AM
I drink a lot of beer............ on the job is that overhead?

Asked about that one....CPA said :nono::nono::nono:

Florida Gardener
11-22-2011, 09:43 AM
plus 1

Lets not forget if you are truly running business...your salary is overhead..so is any gas that you use getting to and from jobs, the tires usage on the truck to and from jobs, the vehicle and equipment replacement cost that you should be saving for and if we are talking to the IRS...the space in your garage that you store equipment, your internet fee each month, your phone charges, your clothing cost etc etc etc.......we all have overhead OP, if not my profits would be outstanding. :laugh:
The thing is though cell phone, vehicle insurance and all vehicle expenses are def overhead, but not something you could deduct if you didn't have a landscape biz.
Posted via Mobile Device

Plantculture
11-22-2011, 09:48 PM
If it wasn't for overhead, i'd be Ric I mean rich.

Landscape Poet
11-22-2011, 10:52 PM
The thing is though cell phone, vehicle insurance and all vehicle expenses are def overhead, but not something you could deduct if you didn't have a landscape biz.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is the beauty of it. We deduct so many things that others can not. From our vehicle, cell phone, hell home phone if that is your office number, a percentage of almost every home expense is able to be deducted in relation to the percentage of the home that is used for business, our work clothes, gas, internet monthly cost, if we need a new CPU.
These are things that others simply can not do.....so while I have overhead....and it is a bad thing....it is also a good thing too. Essentially it is the governments way of rewarding us for being job creators. :clapping:

In short we get to deduct many everyday cost that we would have anyway...for simply being in business, you think your neighbor would not enjoy not having to pay income tax on what his/her car payment is a year? That is of course if you are not looking to make your income look amazing to someone on paper such as a bank...then these deductions can essentially limit you as well if you have not balanced yourself appropriately, essentially you must pay the piper one way or the other.

Florida Gardener
11-22-2011, 10:57 PM
That is the beauty of it. We deduct so many things that others can not. From our vehicle, cell phone, hell home phone if that is your office number, a percentage of almost every home expense is able to be deducted in relation to the percentage of the home that is used for business, our work clothes, gas, internet monthly cost, if we need a new CPU.
These are things that others simply can not do.....so while I have overhead....and it is a bad thing....it is also a good thing too. Essentially it is the governments way of rewarding us for being job creators. :clapping:

In short we get to deduct many everyday cost that we would have anyway...for simply being in business, you think your neighbor would not enjoy not having to pay income tax on what his/her car payment is a year? That is of course if you are not looking to make your income look amazing to someone on paper such as a bank...then these deductions can essentially limit you as well if you have not balanced yourself appropriately, essentially you must pay the piper one way or the other.

Exactly. Put new set of tires and brake pads this year which will be able to be deducted. So yea, it is an expense, but a fully deductible one.
Posted via Mobile Device

hawthornelawncare
11-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Well i wasnt trying to say i have no overhead. Just putting out to potiential customers that im not like these big corporations that jack up the price. As im also not out to cutthroat anyone as well. I know i am not the most expensive in my area as well as not the most cheapest eaither.

Dave's World of Lawns
11-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Hello, this is Dave from Dave's World of Lawns. I would be a part of a forum of local Pinellas County lawn business owners. I too am sole proprietor of my business and looking to expand the business. I'm always sharing thoughts and ideas with my fellow lawn care owners. I can be reached at bestrong00@hotmail.com
:weightlifter:
Dave

Patriot Services
11-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Hey guys come over to the "Tampa area anyone?" thread. We are all from both sides of the bay.
Posted via Mobile Device