PDA

View Full Version : TC30 best bet!

Awilkinson
11-16-2002, 07:56 AM
If you like the tc33, check out the tc30. It is the best deal they have as long as you can live with the square hood as apposed to the sloped. The tc 30 has the same engine for about 3000.00 less then the 33. Yoou can also back out the rack on the tractor to get about 35 hp out of it (same goes for the 33). This will viod your warrenty, but this is a proven engine and should not matter anyway. Best bet, wait till you have about 100 hours on the tractor to see if you have any bugs which need worked out!:blob2:

GreginAlaska
11-17-2002, 02:54 PM
Hi AWilkonson, do you have or have you tried the TC30? If so, how smooth is the 3 point hitch control? That's the one thing I didn't like about our 1530, it was very jerky.
Greg

Awilkinson
11-19-2002, 05:43 PM
Greg-
The three point for this machine is farley smooth. It is not the best in the world, bet it is by far, not the worst. The have make great improvements over previous models. I do not have one(yet) but have demoed one for about 6 total hours both at the Lawn show in KY and at my local dealership. It is by far a great deal.
Andy

MWS LAWN
11-19-2002, 06:51 PM
Greg, If you have a J.D. dealer around you it would be worth your time to go and demo one of the new 4000 ten models. I bought a 4310 4 wheel drive w/ power reverser for mainly snow removal. With the power rev. you don't need hydro, it's just a flip of a lever. The power rev. model had more pto h.p. than the hydro also, because it did not have to keep the pumps running. The tractor is as easy as driving a car and everything on the machine works very smooth. J.D. did not hold nothing back when they built these things. I chose J.D. over the TC33D New Holland, and a compairable Kubota.

GreginAlaska
11-23-2002, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the replies!

I do have a John Deere dealer about 15 miles away. The nearest New Holland dealer is about 220 miles away. That's one of the reasons I am thinking about buying a Deere if we buy another tractor. If we do buy one, it will just be for our own place, my wife is going to be doing hydroseeding and snow removal only for at least the next couple of years.

The guy we sold our 1530 to just picked it up the other day...I miss having one already! :(