PDA

View Full Version : Around Windows

ffjoe
11-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I have a client that has stucco walls and then probably vinyl windows. The frame appears to be vinyl colored white. Customer wants c9's to outline the windows. I am wondering... I usually use hot glue and glue straight to the brick. I am wondering if hot glue will take the color off the vinyl frame. I do not want to hot glue to the stucco wall because I have done this before on stucco and it pulled a chunk of the stucco off.

So, with vinyl window frames and stucco walls, what is the best way to attach c9's to around the windows. nails, screws, etc, are not an option per the customer... IDEAS?

Tq23
11-19-2011, 07:01 AM
I don't know of any easy way. The best thing would be to convince them to use mini's around the windows. Then you can use the mini-light adhesive clip. We have done a house like this and the windows look very impressive.

ffjoe
11-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Yes, but you cannot customize mini's and cut them... That's the problem..
Posted via Mobile Device

turf hokie
11-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Black out caps solve the issue with the mini's
Posted via Mobile Device

addictedtolandscaping
11-19-2011, 05:54 PM
black out caps are awesome, you can use them whenever and for whatever. I use them all the time, Holiday light source shipped them to me straight away when I needed them.

David Gretzmier
11-28-2011, 05:10 AM
we have welded custom metal frames for windows, and also used the lite clip strip for some. we have one client who had the previous installer screw in a hundred or so tapcon screws around the windows and we just ring the window with 3 strands deep of mini's. but I don't really reccomend any of these methods. I just don't like ringing windows.