PDA

View Full Version : Adding an out of state location

Gatewayuser
11-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Hello everyone, I'm currently looking to add another location, it will be in Indiana and currently we are located only in Ohio. Question is how does it change paper work, the business will still be based out of Ohio? Would I be better off running two different companies but with the same name? Also how do the taxes work?

Thanks!

justanotherlawnguy
11-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Call an accountant!
Posted via Mobile Device

Gatewayuser
11-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Yes, I will be talking to my CPA but I'm just wondering if anybody has experience with this.

GreenI.A.
11-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Deffinetly talk to your CPA, and an attorney. Another thing to consider is vehicles and size. If you run any trucks over 10,000 gvw then you will want to register them in the state you will use thme. If you register it in Ohio and then use the truck over the state line you will need to meet federal dot regs.

Gatewayuser
11-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Deffinetly talk to your CPA, and an attorney. Another thing to consider is vehicles and size. If you run any trucks over 10,000 gvw then you will want to register them in the state you will use thme. If you register it in Ohio and then use the truck over the state line you will need to meet federal dot regs.

Vehicles are set already, commercial tags, insurance and DOT number. Good point though!!!!