PDA

View Full Version : Bidding on Landscaping

garyko25
11-20-2011, 09:39 AM
We have been in business not for almost 5 years. For the last 2 years i have tried to look at our bidding process. it seems that every time we are doing a project. we are breaking even or behind the eight ball. I thought i covered everything (prep, load/unload, deliveries, rentals etc.) can not seem to find where im off. Any suggestions?

KrayzKajun
11-20-2011, 09:41 AM
We have been in business not for almost 5 years. For the last 2 years i have tried to look at our bidding process. it seems that every time we are doing a project. we are breaking even or behind the eight ball. I thought i covered everything (prep, load/unload, deliveries, rentals etc.) can not seem to find where im off. Any suggestions?

Seems you don't know what your true overhead cost are.
Posted via Mobile Device

garyko25
11-20-2011, 09:55 AM
im starting to think so. i do not thing im to sure about how to add them into the picture. For instance if you have a three man crew and your cost per working man hour just for the them is 34.00 without taxes or other expen. We were charging 40.00 per our for the services because if we go higher we out price ourselves, but this is not even covering labor. simple answer i know. Raise the prices. Again price goes above most other companies. are there any forms or sites to look at overhead cost catagories and kind of fill in the blanks

PROCUT1
11-20-2011, 07:27 PM
try this to start

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=341624