PDA

View Full Version : happy thanksgiving

1idejim
11-20-2011, 03:35 PM
a lot of people will be travelling for the holiday so i thought i would take the opportunity to wish everyone a happy holiday and safe landings whever you go.

this might be good time for you guys to wish bill and melissa a happy day and say hi, bill will be looking at LS on thanksgiving day.

Mike Leary
11-20-2011, 03:45 PM
a lot of people will be travelling for the holiday so i thought i would take the opportunity to wish everyone a happy holiday and safe landings whever you go.

this might be good time for you guys to wish bill and melissa a happy day and say hi, bill will be looking at LS on thanksgiving day.

thanks, Jim, we'll do it. Sorry I could not help more, but we'll be back to Glendale in the next couple of weeks. Is his forum site still running?

1idejim
11-20-2011, 04:24 PM
thanks, Jim, we'll do it. Sorry I could not help more, but we'll be back to Glendale in the next couple of weeks. Is his forum site still running?

http://www.lawnsite.com/member.php?find=lastposter&t=298086

Sprinkus
11-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of the LS members and their families!

And a special shout-out to Bill, Melissa, and family! :waving:
Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Waterit
11-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Happy Thanksgiving from FL to all you guys, especially Bill and Melissa!

HunterTekGeek
11-22-2011, 03:07 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Guys. Thanks for everything you do to keep this site interesting and informative. All the best. Jim, stay out of trouble. A TDR won't tell you when your turkey is fully cooked. Or will it?

DanaMac
11-22-2011, 12:15 PM
A TDR won't tell you when your turkey is fully cooked. Or will it?

No. For that you need a clamp meter to go around the drumstick!! :laugh:

koster_irrigation
11-22-2011, 07:43 PM
^ You guys crack me up...

Thanks Jim, Hope You Enjoy Yours Too...

Wet_Boots
11-22-2011, 07:53 PM
"We'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiter."

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Happy Football I mean Thanksgiving Day as well Jim and everybody. Thanks for the Dynatel Link Jim.

greenmonster304
11-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Got home early today to help my wife get ready for thanksgiving. We are having 12 people over. I here her call from the bath room saying "Dylan clogged the toilet". So I start plunging but it's not working. The plumbing in this house is horrible so sometimes a have to use a snake in the clean out in the basement. So I unscrew the plug and as soon as I get it off...... Swoosh, I get douc-hed with nasty water. After getting the cap back on I crack the covers off the cesspools and of course they are filled to the top. Happy thanksgiving, perfect timing.
Posted via Mobile Device

irritation
11-23-2011, 05:46 PM
"Dylan clogged the toilet". So I start plunging but it's not working.

When my son was between the ages of 13-16 he was constantly clogging the toilet. A little beer in the diet helped when he got older.

Don't see cesspools around here, if you're on city water you have to be on sewers. On a well, septic tanks. Hope you don't use underground backflow preventers like they do in some parts of the country.

Wet_Boots
11-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Hope you don't use underground backflow preventers like they do in some parts of the country.

Heh-heh-heh :D

greenmonster304
11-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Heh-heh-heh :D

X2
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
What's so funny? :dizzy:

irritation
11-23-2011, 07:35 PM
What's so funny? :dizzy:

It's not funny, but you install them anyways.:dizzy:

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 07:52 PM
It's not funny, but you install them anyways.:dizzy:

Never killed or injured anyone in 30 years, or had a lawsuit, or complained about direct bury, as long as proper techniques were observed. One thing I got dropped from our regs was a Wye strainer upstream, because I saw so many "pros" install a boiler drain, which, if left open, would be a cross-connection. Leaving the testers open on a assembly is another dumbshit thing do do, thinking it's going to winterize itself. :hammerhead:

Wet_Boots
11-23-2011, 07:57 PM
.........Leaving the testers open on a assembly is another dumbshit thing do do, thinking it's going to winterize itself. :hammerhead:on a Conbraco RPZ, the testcocks are positioned to do precisely that :)

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Conbraco products are at the bottom end of quality. You can buy those at Home Depot, but I'd never.

Wet_Boots
11-23-2011, 08:05 PM
You can also buy Watts and Wilkins and Febco at a big-box store, and so what?

irritation
11-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I should move out there and teach proper backflow prevention. I would make a killing on replacing backflows alone plus pickup all the accounts for spring start-ups, backflow testing, blow-outs and get a cut from the water purveyors for protecting the water.

Wet_Boots
11-23-2011, 08:09 PM
the fact that no one is selling insurance that indemnifies you from any liability for backflow consequences is all anyone needs to know - "follow the money"

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I should move out there and teach proper backflow prevention. I would make a killing on replacing backflows alone plus pickup all the accounts for spring start-ups, backflow testing, blow-outs and get a cut from the water purveyors for protecting the water.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You'd get stopped at the county line, questioned, have the pucky beat out of you and returned to Indiana via box car.

irritation
11-23-2011, 08:17 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: You'd get stopped at the county line, questioned, have the pucky beat out of you and returned to Indiana via box car.

:laugh:
What if I wore a fake Imperial hat?:)

Wet_Boots
11-23-2011, 08:21 PM
"Imperial Margarine" crowns are also accepted....

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9274/imperialj.jpg

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 08:24 PM

:laugh: Have a good day off. Contractors don't get many. :)

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-23-2011, 08:35 PM
the fact that no one is selling insurance that indemnifies you from any liability for backflow consequences is all anyone needs to know - "follow the money"

You've beat this insurance thing to death. Show me the lawsuit that makes this untouchable by insurance companies.

Wet_Boots
11-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Most sprinkler guys aren't worth suing. Clarence Darrow has other fish to fry. But the fact remains that big insurance money isn't backing up the trades on this, so figure they know something that makes it unprofitable to offer affordable coverage for backflow.

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 08:44 PM
You've beat this insurance thing to death. Show me the lawsuit that makes this untouchable by insurance companies.

What lawsuit? As long as one follows the regs, they are immune, period. End of discussion.

Wet_Boots
11-23-2011, 08:47 PM
What lawsuit? As long as one follows the regs, they are immune, period. End of dicussionn.That is the most clueless statement you may ever make. You can follow every traffic law, and stiill find yourself on the wrong side of a civil suit if there's an accident.

irritation
11-23-2011, 08:55 PM
As long as one follows the regs, they are immune

That can be a problem also, sometimes regulations are not known and sometimes changed without notice, but ignorance is no excuse.

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 09:00 PM
That is the most clueless statement you may ever make.

Wow! Finally hit the big time:clapping: Not being a certified tester yourself, I find your comments to be flip, to say the least. Testers take their occupation very, very seriously, and if any of us thought a cross-connection or a high hazard existed, we'd be on it like a cheap suit. Don't you have another site to go to and bother them with your supposed wisdom without dork experience?:hammerhead:

Wet_Boots
11-23-2011, 09:04 PM
That can be a problem also, sometimes regulations are not known and sometimes changed without notice, but ignorance is no excuse.The real problem for the DCVA guys, is that a good lawyer can make a jury understand that there is a higher grade of devices out there. Said jury is then capable of blaming the contractor for not installing toxic-rated backfow in the first place, even if local codes allow for a lower level of protection. Juries can do such things, and courts will back them up on it. Code adherence does not indemnify anyone from anything.

Now me, I like gravity on my side. Gravity I can trust. PVBs rule!

Now, in a sad note, I note the death of jazz drummer Paul Motian. I saw him play. (with Keith Jarrett) Nothing he did said "Look at me!" He just provided support. Very good support.

O6ngJ4JAvtM

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Most sprinkler guys aren't worth suing. Clarence Darrow has other fish to fry. But the fact remains that big insurance money isn't backing up the trades on this, so figure they know something that makes it unprofitable to offer affordable coverage for backflow.

Its not a fact based on you making a claim. Show me the insurance company that says we'd rather insure an obygn than a backflow installer.

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Now, in a sad note, I note the death of jazz drummer Paul Motian. I saw him play. (with Keith Jarrett) Nothing he did said "Look at me!" He just provided support. Very good support.

He was so "on" without getting in the way. I did not know of his death. I think his stuff with Bill Evans was legendary, without being star status, which he was.:cry:

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 09:29 PM
The more I think about Paul and his influence on me and my playing, the harder it is to accept he's gone. Hope they buried his brushes with him. What a master.

DanaMac
11-23-2011, 09:34 PM
And to think, this was a thread for giving thanks. Who woulda thunk it?
Nice hijack, clowns.

Wet_Boots
11-23-2011, 09:37 PM
We are thankful, you buffoon. :p (and I'm too music-thoughtful right now to continue bickering)

Speaking of brushes, I've been enjoying some of the Miles Davis early 'fusion' works. Side one of In a Silent Way has Tony Williams doing nothing but playing cymbals with the brushes, and it drives like anything.

gT1e2_uTwmI

irritation
11-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Nice hijack, clowns.

You do pretty well yourself, clown.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=4223363&postcount=91

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Nice hijack, clowns.

Thanksgiving is for those who have given us joy, I don't think anyone intended this thread to go the way it did; threads move. Have a nice feast, Dana. :)

Mike Leary
11-23-2011, 09:42 PM
playing cymbals with the brushes, and it drives like anything.

I'd bet Tony snuck into many clubs to hear Paul, he was only eighteen when he came on the scene, and he blew my socks off.

Wet_Boots
11-23-2011, 09:58 PM
I'd bet Tony snuck into many clubs to hear Paul, he was only eighteen when he came on the scene, and he blew my socks off.On side two, they let him hit a wood block with a drumstick :)

DCnUpl6B46M

BrandonV
11-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Happy T-day guys!

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Smooth rehijack Brandon. I want a LION victory, a COWBOY victory, a RAVEN victory, and an AGGIE victory. Will be the last yearly meeting of the AGS and Teasippers. Sad to see it go after 118 straight years. D@mn BCS.

DanaMac
11-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Happy TDay fellas, and ladies if there are any that follow this forum. :) Hope you all get to enjoy it with family and friends. Eat, drink, and be happy.

Wet_Boots
11-24-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm sure Sheshovel still peeks in :waving:

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
11-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Spending the Thanksgiving weekend in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I also got a chance to take some pictures!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/sclmcoinc/misc/_DSC1558.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/sclmcoinc/misc/_DSC1521.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/sclmcoinc/misc/_DSC1477.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/sclmcoinc/misc/_DSC1457.jpg

Mike Leary
11-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Sweet pics! :clapping: So many people we've met on the road have talked about the Black Hills, how nice.

irritation
11-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Spending the Thanksgiving weekend in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Cool, watch your step.:laugh:

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/Classes/Jbutler/T112/HitchNxNW2.jpg

FIMCO-MEISTER
11-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Sweet pics! :clapping: So many people we've met on the road have talked about the Black Hills, how nice.

Ditto nice pics dan
Posted via Mobile Device