PDA

View Full Version : Walker Mower GHS Linear Actuator

mlw
11-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Does anyone repair the Linear Actuator that raises the GHS on an MTGHS. Motor runs, gears mesh fine, but there must be internal clutches that are slipping on the actuator. Can anyone reccommend a good place for a new one - 6" lift.

gene gls
11-24-2011, 07:01 PM
How old is your actuator, talk to your dealer. Mine started skipping and my dealer got me a new one, no charge. It was over 1 year old. The new one is starting to skip again, about 1 year old, and I have the 7 bushel hopper. I think they need to go with a stronger unit.

mlw
11-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanx Gene for your response. The mower with the lift problem is old enough that the actuator could be just that, wore out. It is well out of warranty. Walker gets $400 - $500 for the actuator, if my inquiry was answered correctly, and thus I was looking for a repair alternative or a better price alternative. Marl

agrostis
11-25-2011, 06:39 PM
I hope you find a cheaper alternative. Every linear actuator i have ever priced for anything is between 400-500 dollars.

mlw
12-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I solved my expensive linear actuator problem by purchasing a $200 unit from Bunton Industries in NE - found on ebay. The 6 inch throw was the same as the original, but the overall actuator length was 1 1/2 inches shorter. That required me redrilling the frame of the mower at the rear attachment point, but it works fine. I haven't hoisted a load of grass yet, being winter, but it has picked up a 100# of kid laying in the GHS box without any trouble. I did not have to cut off the original attachment stud at the mower rear just in case it did not work. Saved $300.

agrostis
12-08-2011, 03:43 PM
You can't beat ebay. Sometime's they have just what you need.