PDA

View Full Version : PASSED! No surprise though

Tony Harrell
11-17-2002, 09:15 AM
I passed my NC T&O license exam. No surprise there but I'm glad I did it. I was at the local shop on a rainy day commenting on it with 2 other guys and the owner and one of them does not have the license. That irritates the crap out of me and he's lost a lot of respect. It's so simple to be licensed. I think it's a total lack of respect for the law and the community to avoid this simple procedure. Most of his responses were one sylable except for the occasional 'duh-huh'. He did tell a funny joke about his mother replacing the bathroom soap with "LAVA" during his puberty phase. Funny but still no respect.

John DiMartino
11-17-2002, 09:20 AM
Congrats Tony, around here if an applicator gets caught preforming commericial applications without being certified,he will have lost a lot more than respect! The cost in $$,and fines will be way more than any profits made by doing the work.Even jail time is possible,im sure it isnt for 1st offenders,nontheless a ruthless Judge could impose it.

MWS LAWN
11-17-2002, 01:26 PM
I agree with the both of you. I take the time to study which where hours and hours to pass the Commercial Applicators Exam, then obtained my Commercial Pesticide Business License in which in my area both are required by law to even spread fertilizer. There are plenty in my area that use fertilizer and other chemicals without either license, But what do you do?? I just have to believe that the legal guy who takes the time to do everything by the book will come out ahead.

WEEDEATER
11-19-2002, 02:07 PM
Where do you get the information for the tests.

Tony Harrell
11-20-2002, 05:50 AM
Search for the department of agriculture in your state. I use google to search.