PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Toro Grandstand 36 inch

StihlMechanic
11-23-2011, 01:12 PM
In January of 2012 I will be buying a 2012 36 Toro GS. I have been told the 2012 has a 15hp Kawi engine, not the 18hp I saw on the website. Is this true?

Also, I am needing a recycler mulch kit for this machine and the local dealers cant seem to locate it in their book. I know toro offers one. What is the part number for this kit and are blades included?

And finally, what is the deck width with the chute up or removed? I understand the mulch kit is 1/4 inch steel so it should add 1/4 to width.

Thanks!

LCPullman
12-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Kawasaki is now rating their engines to a new stricter standard, thus the lower HP rating - http://www.kawasaki-criticalpower.com/engines
It will be the same size engine, same power as before, only now its rated more accurately.

oomph
04-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Anyone know the part number for the mulch kit and stripe kit that will fit a 36 Grandstand?

The Toro Company
04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
The striping kit is part number 117-8560 and the reclycer mulch kit is 110-2080.

Thanks,
The Toro Co

fobaum
04-24-2012, 11:31 PM
I've posted two new threads about the hydro cooler for my 2011 60'' grandstand.(no response) I would like to know if its an update because I have a new account w/ steep hills along I95 and after about an hour of use it strains and slows down considerably, anyway you can help me w/ hydro cooler info for my 60''GS Would be much appreciated.
Thanks,Forrest

Triver
05-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I heard early may know june mine does the same thing and boils out fluid all the time it runs for over an hour go figure

fobaum
05-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah I have the fluid boiling out too. When I first got the 60'' GS I was looking for the cooler and couldn't find it, hmm guess it doesn't need it WRONG I always wonder why big mower manufacturers don't have smaller companies test their equipment, instead they have huge companies test them and the "DISTRICT MANAGER" is like the guys love the mowers, of course they are better than the walk behinds you had them running,:hammerhead:
I love the GS I just wish they thought a few more things out. still the best stand-on out IMHO. I do wish the anti scalp wheels went lower and were closer to the deck, and two rear anti scalp rollers. my 2 pennies

The Toro Company
05-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Fobaum -
We want to help you resolve your issues, but are not able to give good information through a forum. We ask of you, again, to please contact LCEProducts@toro.com with your direct contact information so we can personally get in touch with you regarding this topic. Thanks, Toro.

Yeah I have the fluid boiling out too. When I first got the 60'' GS I was looking for the cooler and couldn't find it, hmm guess it doesn't need it WRONG I always wonder why big mower manufacturers don't have smaller companies test their equipment, instead they have huge companies test them and the "DISTRICT MANAGER" is like the guys love the mowers, of course they are better than the walk behinds you had them running,:hammerhead:
I love the GS I just wish they thought a few more things out. still the best stand-on out IMHO. I do wish the anti scalp wheels went lower and were closer to the deck, and two rear anti scalp rollers. my 2 pennies

Triver
05-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Yes it is the best stander in my opinion too but the 60 inch should at least have 12cc pumps with the motor fans as does the wright and scag have. As you know there are no free lunches with the florida heat. Sometimes i wonder where they are tested. I hope they make a retro kit for the unit i recently seen the cooler with fan on the new one. Will see

Triver
05-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Fobaum
toro is putting the hydro fan on as we speek did they help you with your hydro troubles on your grandstand

fobaum
06-02-2012, 12:30 AM
"No I have not been contacted yet??"

810f250
06-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I did a goggle search for "toro grandstand oil cooler" and this thread popped up, so I though I would add my .02.

I have a first generation grandstand 48, and its an occasional use mower, I am disappointed in the limited operating time it would take the hydraulic oil to expand to the point of overflowing, I know the excessive temps could not be good for the system. I was hoping by now there would have been an after market larger reservoir and or cooler. I can imagine the stress a unit is under when it gets operated almost continuously during a shift.

fobaum
10-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Still need an hydro oil cooler for my 2011 60'' GS. sent email a couple of month ago no response :confused: (toro OP) Could you please help.
Thanks,Forrest

810f250
10-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Hey , I am subscribed to this thread so I though I would update my findings, I switched from my dealer supplied oil AMBRA Multi G 134 to the Toro manual recommended Mobil 1 and I have seen some improvements in boil rates, I think if I had done a 100% complete flush there would be still improvements to be had.

fobaum
11-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Well just wanna say I got the hydro cooler installed today. about 2 weeks the day after i posted above I got a call from Dave Roberson @ TORO and while he was talking w/ me he explained he had someone on the phone w/ my dealer and they would take care of everything . I must say TORO's costumer service is top notch They truly stand behind there equipment and that makes me even more proud to use Toro :usflag:

810f250
11-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Post some pics.

clayslandscape
11-05-2012, 09:46 PM
The striping kit is part number 117-8560 and the reclycer mulch kit is 110-2080.

Thanks,
The Toro Co

How much does the striping kit for a 36" GS run?

The Toro Company
11-09-2012, 10:05 AM
How much does the striping kit for a 36" GS run?

Please see your authorized Toro dealer for pricing information.

Thanks,
The Toro Company

fobaum
01-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Well I just bought a new 36'' (74534) GS yesterday , It had almost 8 hrs. on it they only had one in stock, so i bought it needless to say from the serial # 310000708 its a 2010 model not 2012 or 2013 My question is are there any differences from 2010 till now?? the things I don't like are the deck bounces hard and hits the height adjustment , also i don't like the speed control lever, gas cap doesn't have the string etc.. I wish I would have kept Dave's # from toro service. If you could please help it would be MUCH appreciated.
Thanks ,Forrest

The Toro Company
01-17-2013, 06:03 PM
We hope this answers your question.

Warranty Differences
 Engine / 2 year
 Battery / 1 year
 Engine / 3 year
 Battery / 90 days parts & labor, remainder of 1 year is parts only
 Belts & Tires / 90 days
Machine Differences from 2010 vs. 2013
 The ground speed control has been removed
 The brake arm has been lengthened to obtain a larger contact surface to the tire. Teeth have also been added
 The rear deck hanger chains have been removed from the design. They have been replaced with a rigid design.
 The rear struts have been removed from the chassis.

fobaum
01-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Since I posted last I took the mower back to the dealer and they got a different 36" grandstand, 2012 model I believe, and they said they would sell it to me for $950.00 more. When I bought this mower I was hesitant to leave with it. I thought it was an older model because my 2011 60" toro grandstand i have had zero issues with and I really love the mower. So before I left the dealer I asked the sales rep if he was sure this is a new model mower. He went on the computer and checked and said he received it June of 2012. Needless to say it's not. I am having problems with this mower and I need some help. I'm having my wife type for me right now, i hate typing, lol. Could you please have Dave call me again, he was very helpful with the hydro cooler for my 60" grandstand. Thank you very much.

The Toro Company
01-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Please send your email address and phone number to LCEProducts@toro.com and we will have someone from our customer care team contact you.

LHS Lawns
05-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Since I'm thinking of getting a Toro GS 52" I thought I'd get this thread going again.

Has anyone else had problems with the GS? I did talk to one other person who didn't have the boil over but the hydros are sluggish which is a symptom of the oil getting too hot.

He has been having to constantly adjust the right side to try and keep it tracking correctly.

My dealer tells me the model I'm looking to purchase is a 2012 model but there is not a hydro cooler on it.

I emailed Toro and they got right back to me the next day which impressed me. They said the 2012 model came standard with a hydro cooler.

I'm thinking my dealer has a 2011 model and doesn't know it or maybe he does???

I'd just like to get some more info before I pull the trigger.

Thanks