PDA

View Full Version : Sprayer wand with filter to solve problem

mcambrose
11-17-2002, 08:55 PM
While at the GIE I visited the Hudson booth to ask if they had any inline screens for the pump up sprayers. Mine often seem to clog because of debris. Hudson sells a wand that has a screen about 2 inches long built in. I think this should solve my plugging problems. I could go to backpacks, but I would need about 8 or nine total. I use backpacks for the larger volume chemicals, and the cannister sprayers for those chemicals that I just spot spray infrequently. Hope this spray wand will help others.

HBFOXJr
11-18-2002, 10:23 AM
It just came to mind that some fuel filters for small engines use a clear plastic filter with a screen inside. Fuel hose and sprayer hose are about the same size so it might work.

Not cleanable unless you blow them with compressed air.

I still recommend the Birchmeir sprayers with removable jug for tank. One sprayer, as many tanks as you want. And you could set one up with neutalizer. 2-3 sprayers max would do the job if you were picky. One for non-selective vegetation control, one for anything else you put on turf and a 3rd fro anything you put on shrubs or trees.

mcambrose
11-18-2002, 07:39 PM
That sounds like a good idea. I will look at one of those.