PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Leaf trailer Please

outdoorconcepts06
11-27-2011, 02:15 PM
I just bought a Lesco leaf vac should be here this week. I have a trailer that is 6x10 and I built a box on it today. Box is 4 ft high and fits the whole trailer. My question is I want to mount the leaf vac on the tounge, any one know how to do this and what I should do??

calvinslawnservices
11-27-2011, 05:12 PM
You could fab a mount that the leaf loader sits on. You would need access to a welder for this. I would put plastic bushings in the between the metal supports and the loader to reduce vibrations. Also watch out for weight of the trailer, the leaves can be extremely heavy when wet.

Kelly's Landscaping
11-27-2011, 05:48 PM
You do not want to weld the vac to the trailer instead want to design a mount and that can be welded either to the vac or separate. What you want is way to add or remove the vac easily depending on what you need to trailer for at the time. Perhaps making a mount that can be bolted to the trailer then bolting the vac to the mount. But until you have the vac you really can not start the fabrication for the mount since you will need all the measurements. In my personal opinion I think every landscaper needs to have a welder. I think we got ours our second spring in business its a must to repair metal and fabricate new ideas you might have. But if you don't have that then go the cheaper harder rout drill holes and bolt.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
11-27-2011, 06:40 PM
You do not want to weld the vac to the trailer instead want to design a mount and that can be welded either to the vac or separate. What you want is way to add or remove the vac easily depending on what you need to trailer for at the time. Perhaps making a mount that can be bolted to the trailer then bolting the vac to the mount. But until you have the vac you really can not start the fabrication for the mount since you will need all the measurements. In my personal opinion I think every landscaper needs to have a welder. I think we got ours our second spring in business its a must to repair metal and fabricate new ideas you might have. But if you don't have that then go the cheaper harder rout drill holes and bolt.

I agree totally. I can melt metal together, but for a project like this you may want to pay a welder to do the job. The loader will transfer a lot of vibration to the mount, even with a dampner. Wouldn't want the mount to break and cause down time, or worse case a mount failure while on the road.

robtown
11-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I made one for my 18hp billy goat. It bolts on to the frame so i can take it off at the end of the season. There are no rubberbushings on it but itdrops into the frame and is bolted in . This is the second season with no problems.