PDA

View Full Version : What is a good aluminum landsape trailer brand ?

Green surfer 1
11-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Thumbs Up:I am seeking information on a aluminum landscape trailer manufacturer/brand that you guys outhere have dealt/purchased recently or in the past? I would like to know if you have had any maintenance issues , with them? or what to lookout for in them. Looking at a dual axle trailer for mowers an equiptment. Any information or history of your use with them would be appreciated.:waving:

Patriot Services
11-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I haven't seen any lawn guys around here use them. What are you trying to achieve by going aluminum? I know the prices are significantly higher than steel.
Posted via Mobile Device

mybowtie
11-28-2011, 06:25 PM
I have a cargo mate....Its a great trailer, but I abused mine, and used it for equipment I shouldnt have put on it. 5 yrs and its time to relpace

djagusch
11-28-2011, 06:42 PM
I know of 5 trailers in the area running aluma trailers. I think all are single axles though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Green surfer 1
11-28-2011, 07:11 PM
I have understood from a few friends that these trailers are less on maintenance if any for life of trailer,an pulling one with equiptment on it is like pulling air. I run enclosed and metal open trailers presently.We sometimes paint them or replace wood, nuts bolts etc.

Oakleaf landscape
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
You could probably buy 2 or 3 nice tandem metal trailers for the price of one lower end aluminum trailer.

mybowtie
11-30-2011, 12:33 AM
You could probably buy 2 or 3 nice tandem metal trailers for the price of one lower end aluminum trailer.

I payed under 3k for my 16' dual axle open in '07. Tips the scale at less than 1000lbs. Gate is light weight, and im not bustin a nut liftin it.

I did have to have the gate rebuilt and reinforced last yr, and the railing needs help, but like i mentioned in a earlyer post, i abused mine.

I have a cousin that had the same trailer. he would back his kubota z diesel to the front, and then put his jd rider on the tail...last yr the tounge snaped off the frame. I think the diesel z was too much tounge weight, and the trailer couldnt handle it.

Green surfer 1
11-30-2011, 09:22 AM
We are going to a local trailer dealer sometime next week to see what line they carry an prices to start. What brand did you have ?

BrandonV
11-30-2011, 07:10 PM
we have a triton tandem, has been good.

mybowtie
11-30-2011, 09:22 PM
We are going to a local trailer dealer sometime next week to see what line they carry an prices to start. What brand did you have ?

Cargo Mate

Green surfer 1
11-30-2011, 10:26 PM
BrandonV. & Mybowtie and other fellow Lawn Pros thankyou for your thoughts and recomendations on aluminum trailers...

LBA1999
12-03-2011, 12:16 AM
I am on my second aluminum trailer and I love them. my first was a 6.5x17 tandem wit landscape sides and a single ramp gate. It was made by Adam trailers, which I think doesn't build them anymore. It was a good trailer and was maintenance free, especially in the winter when i didn't have to worry about rust hauling around my tractor. I mainly bought because it was the same weight as the 6x12 steel it replaced and I needed more room. I sold it about a year ago because I wasn't ever using my 10k 20' deckover that i still needed to keep for the width. Then I bought what i consider to be the ultimate trailer as far as quality, an Aluma 6810H. Thie trailer is absolutely perfect for me. All aluminum construction, extruded floor, bi fold ramp, aluminum wheels and spare, all led lights, one piece sealed molded wiring harness, dexter 3000# rubber torsion axle, and ONLY WEIGHS 490#! I can go to one rear corner of the trailer when empty and lift the wheel on that side off the ground! Yet i still can haul over #2500 (Have done this many times and this trailer is built solid) I have backed the rear wheels of my ZD326 (1800lb) up against the front rail with the engine hanging over the tongue and loaded my walk behind on the back with no problems. I have hauled a friend's 22-2300lb compact tractor with no problems. Best of all, there is NO maintenence. The only things not aluminum on the whole trailer are the axle, jack, and coupler. If you want an aluminum trailer that is built to last a lifetime and will haul heavy loads like a steel trailer, buy an Aluma. They build quality into everything they do. My trailer is full of little touches like rhino coating on the front of the fenders to prevent road grime and rocks from causing damage. You will not be sorry you bit the bullet and spent a little extra for an Aluma.

Green surfer 1
12-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey that sounds great, good news to hear. i would love to see a pic of your trailer ,how you have it set up etc. Thankyou

LBA1999
12-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Sure, I'll get pics up as soon as I can. As far as set up, it just has a spare tire on the front and 7 tie downs(no sides means I have to strap everything, even gas cans.) I wanted to keep it light and uncluttered. I would like to build removable aluminum trimmer and blower racks for the stake pockets someday though.

LBA1999
12-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Finally got some pics. enjoy!

LBA1999
12-11-2011, 03:45 PM
sorry here's pics

LBA1999
12-11-2011, 03:47 PM
one more try

Patriot Services
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
That's a nice trailer but I don't see how its very useful for landscape. The sides are too low to mount racks too. You also better have the mower strapped tight. A good bump could bounce it right over the low side rail. No way could you load it up with debris.
Posted via Mobile Device

LBA1999
12-18-2011, 08:58 PM
That's a nice trailer but I don't see how its very useful for landscape. The sides are too low to mount racks too. You also better have the mower strapped tight. A good bump could bounce it right over the low side rail. No way could you load it up with debris.
Posted via Mobile Device

They make them with aluminum removable sides as high as you want. It also has stake pockets I plan to eventually mount racks to. As far as strapping, I have got that down and can probably load, strap, and pull away in less than 2 minutes. I don't make a lot of stops since im in prop management. As far as debris go, I bag nothing and I have a 12K dump trailer when i need it. I realize this would not be perfect for every setup, but I bought it just to haul a mower. If I was a regular lawn business I would have trimmer and blower racks and a pro locker to solve the strapping problem. Look at aluma's website. They have many options and models to make a trailer how you want it. I highly recommend them