PDA

View Full Version : Trailer size

bebyb
11-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Hi, what size trailer would you recommend for a basic setup, such as a garden tractor, self propelled walk behind mower, and weedeater?

Thanks

LindblomRJ
11-28-2011, 11:35 PM
24 foot gooseneck flatbed with triple axles. You know so you can expand.

32vld
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi, what size trailer would you recommend for a basic setup, such as a garden tractor, self propelled walk behind mower, and weedeater?

Thanks

What do you have in equipment or plan on having for equipment?

What kind of Landscaping do you plan on doing?

Do you have a lot of money to spend or need to get by with very little?

http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/search?p=Q&lbc=tractorsupply&uid=824674287&ts=custom&w=*&isort=globalpop&method=and&view=grid&zone=16&stateid=s6-1_s61_s6-1%3aMGiXvfV5&cnt=300

I have a 42" jd rider, 20" push, two gas cans, trimmer and blower on a 4x8 harbor freight trailer.

Thing is some LCO's have to bring every tool out with them every day even if they are not going to use them. Then complain about poor MPG pulling all that needless weight.

I will say that I wish I had bought a 6'x12' trailer because they will hold more debris's when doing a clean up. And the ability to move up to a mower as large as a 60".

Thing is I already had this trailer before I started landscaping. And I am able to make do with what I have for now.

Some people want a closed trailer for security. And, they don't have to load or unload their equipment each day. In reality it takes very little time to load. And at the end of the day the mowers have to be washed off so the trailer has to be unloaded any way.

Also closed trailers don't have side ramps as the rule so many times the trailer has to be emptied at the job site to get at equipment in the front of the trailer. Though a closed trailer can be ordered with a side door.

Doing cleans ups debris get loaded into an open trailer easier. So if you have a tight budget then open maybe the way to go.

Though if you have a PU 8' bed with dump insert for debris then having an open trailer may not be needed.

Then if you have the money you can get a dump trailer, and so on, and back to the three questions I gave you in the beginning.

mowerbrad
11-30-2011, 11:50 AM
There are a couple things you will need to consider when looking for a trailer. First, you will need to consider the equipment you currently have and the equipment you plan on obtaining over the coming years. It won't do you any good to buy a trailer one year only to need a bigger one next year, so make sure you buy one a little bigger than what you currently need. Also, you will need to determine whether you want an enclosed or open trailer. If you don't have tbe storage space for both a trailer and equipment then an enclosed would be best, however more expensive. And yes, most enclosed trailers come with a side access door, you can even get a ramp door instead of a traditional door on the side. So you will be able to access equipment in the front of the trailer.

From the info you gave, it sounds like a 6x12 trailer would be good and still give you a little extra space. I would suggest buying from a trailer dealer as their trailers are typically higher quality and will last longer than trailers found at TSC or Home Depot.
Posted via Mobile Device