PDA

View Full Version : Commercial LED M6's

PlantscapeSolutions
11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I was wondering if anyone had used the commercial type LED M6's from places like Sival, or LiteSource? You have to use the special plugs and adaptor fittings with this type of lite sets. You can't beat the HBL price on the LED M6's but the short term failure rate I've had after 1-2 years is close to 20%. I'm concerned that in just a few more years everything is going to fail.

Mike has done a great job of getting me new lights under warranty but I'm concerned that when the warranty is over upkeep is going to be expensive. Plus with fading issues new light sets do not match the ones I'm trying to replace.

addictedtolandscaping
11-29-2011, 06:51 PM
The only time I ever used HBL LED were with the snow flakes. WHAT A FRIGGING NIGHTMARE. 45 days displayed and 3/4 dead the next season. Then 4 of the ones changed out with new harnesses are dead this year.

Mike, second to none, just awesome getting me what I needed. My issue, not with the response to getting them replaced, but why it happened in the first place. Needless to say, put a screaming halt to me using HBL LED.