PDA

View Full Version : ESN as a lawn fertilizer:

cecropia11
11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
ESN as a lawn fertilizer:

Has any one used ESN as a controlled release fertilizer for there lawn. I know it is mainly used for agriculture and is very cheap where I live, and was wondering if anyone has tried it on grass, and if so how were the results. I also know it is labeled to last for 50-85 days for corn, if anyone has used it on grass is this the duration of time you got out of it on grass, also how was the overall color from ESN. Any info would be great thanks

progreensupply
02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
ESN is manufactured by Agrium just like all of your Duration fertilizers. They are both Polymer Coated Urea but the release time is different. Duration is a constant slow and steady release. ESN is more of an S curve release. The hotter it is the faster ESN releases. Its a slow release product which will be better then straight Urea and if you are not a golf course I don't think you would ever notice a difference.

progreensupply
02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.agriumat.com/agtech/includes/esn_forages_US.pdf

cecropia11
02-27-2012, 08:49 PM
One of my concerns was that from another post someone posted that when the fertilizer becomes disolved inside the granual that it becomes brake able so my question is if you were to use it on say lets say bermuda grass and you cut it with a riding lawn mower would it crush the granuals and would it put stripes on the lawn.

ScaggyGrass
02-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Where did you buy that ESn product.. it does sound good.. for N only product.

cecropia11
02-29-2012, 10:53 AM
you can get it from any crop production service center, or at any co op,
or any where that has agriculture. how ever they usually only sell it by the ton.