PDA

View Full Version : Winter IS Here.

Johnagain
12-01-2011, 07:58 AM
It's here. Just went outside to get started chewing up leaves and thermometer read 37 deg. turned around and saw frost on roof. Came back inside to wait for it to warm up.

williams lcm
12-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Yup it was cold. I started at 7:30am and put on a few layers. It is cold when mowing at 12mph . Well next week I will be sleeping in until 7am. It is my off week. If that is what you call sleeping in. Normally I awake at 5:30 on working days. I feel guilty sleeping past 7am. Dont know why

Keith
12-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I feel guilty waking up that early :D

jvanvliet
12-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Years of habit; 0430 most every morning. :wall

It's sure not winter yet here in transition zone 9/10 We've had some reasonably cool 2 or 3 days but now temperatures will climb back into the mid 80's. Combine this with intermittent rains, an end to water restrictions and fertilizer, the St. Augustine growth remains robust as do all the WEEDS... What's with all the weeds? And what's with the HO's wanting to water most everyday now that restrictions are ended? DUH!

phasthound
12-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I thought Floridians determined the start of winter by the amount of Yankees coming down. :)

gregory
12-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I thought Floridians determined the start of winter by the amount of Yankees coming down. :)

we do and they are down here already..

we know they are coming when they get the first cold snap up north...

Patriot Services
12-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Started this morning with a sweatshirt and peeled down to a tee by 9am. No sweat yet. Very little grass growth either. Walmart parking lot has all the Canadian flavors. Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, Newfies and even a PEI plate.
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
12-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Started this morning with a sweatshirt and peeled down to a tee by 9am. No sweat yet. Very little grass growth either. Walmart parking lot has all the Canadian flavors. Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, Newfies and even a PEI plate.
Posted via Mobile Device

I though they all came to the east coast.

My wife and I are getting ready to do the "snow-bird hibernation". 30-45 minute waits or longer at restaurants, malls overcrowded, people who can't drive and don't know where they are going clogging traffic. I don't want to go out.

The birds are a mixed blessing, I'm happy to see them come; I'm happy to see them go.