PDA

View Full Version : BOP Quick Series -- 2nd Generation Announcement !!

lifetree
12-01-2011, 07:51 PM
As everyone on LS knows, Better Outdoor Products began 8 years ago with the idea of developing a line of commercial grade machines which would be offered exclusively online without incurring the expense of the "middle man" and thereby pass those savings onto their customers.

I am honored to have been asked by BOP to make the public announcement here on LS concerning the 2nd generation of the Quick series. Following are the substantive changes to the BOP Quick series in 2012 ...

1.) All of the single drive machines that BOP offers will be equipped with Hydro Gear drives (i.e.-Tuff Torq is no longer offered).

2.) On all models, the engine will be configured to face the front of the machine, not the side.

3.) On all models, the fuel tank will be 5 gallons ... no longer the small 3 gallon tank.

4.) On all models, the clutch/brake to engage the blades will be electric, not manual.

***** And finally, the most important announcement is that BOP has developed and will offer, beginning in 2012 ...
***** a new deep deck for the Quick series ... this deck will be offered in 2 sizes, 44" and 52" !!

Please keep in mind that these are the substantive changes and additions which collectively comprise the 2nd generation of the Quick series ... there are other changes which I would invite both Gary and/or Tommy to detail here in this thread, if they choose to do so. Also, I am advised that BOP should have some pictures of these new products available within the next few days and I'm sure they will undoubtedly post them here.

I will also say that BOP is working on some things that will add significant synergy to their product line ... however, this will be made public at a later time.

GMLC
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
52" deep deck!!! I cant wait to see the pics!

Exact Rototilling
12-01-2011, 08:14 PM
So is the 52 a fixed deck?

And is the front of the engine the air cleaner side on the Kawasaki?
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-01-2011, 08:30 PM
I was also informed Production starts Mid-January

j-ville native
12-01-2011, 08:36 PM
big deal.... they need to make their mowers cut higher than 4" so those mowing St. Augustine can use it and they need their mowers to have a quick height adjustment

djagusch
12-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Well I was going to try them if they made a 48" mower, guess not. Why not build the 2nd most common size (61" mowers most common, 48" 2nd most). It is for a cemetery and I know a 52" doesn't make it between most and a 44" I'll need to do another pass for the main rows. Too bad.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
I knew that BOP was working on something behind the scenes! Can't wait to see these deep deck machines. The development of a deep, min. clogging deck is the biggest development.

Now folks, you need to realize now that these machines will cost more than the 1st gen machines. You want upgrades, you will pay some for them.

djagusch
12-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I knew that BOP was working on something behind the scenes! Can't wait to see these deep deck machines. The development of a deep, min. clogging deck is the biggest development.

Now folks, you need to realize now that these machines will cost more than the 1st gen machines. You want upgrades, you will pay some for them.

The 44" dually was $3800 plus up to $260 in shipping, so a $4060 mower.

The problem is when they get to the $4500 price range you are knocking on the door of local dealer price points on fixed deck hydro mowers.

I bought 3 yrs ago a 48" Hustler trimstar hydro with the floating style deck w/bagger for $4300. Was that a great deal sure, but it means that they can sell that low.

Price point is why a person first goes with quick. Some have liked the mower and others have had issues. The ones that like them if they have a $4500 mower to order online or a dealer (scag/toro/exmark) with one for $5000 with stocking parts, mechanic's, advice. I think they would spend the extra $500 for the extra service and resale value.

Lawnman J
12-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Any idea if we will be able to purchase a 44" deck that will be interchangeable with the old style deck?instead of having to purchase a whole new mower?

lifetree
12-06-2011, 08:45 PM
OK folks, I will try to answer some of the questions ...

Q - Is the new deep deck floating or fixed ??
A - I think it is a floating deck.

Q - Are the new deep decks interchangeable with the current power units ??
A - I don't think they would be if they are floating decks.

Q - What is the front of the Kawasaki engine ??
A - The air filter is the front of the Kawasaki engine.

One last thing ... I think the B & S engines are also being eliminated as an option for the power unit.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Can you explain what difference the rotation of the engine placement makes??

BrunoT
12-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Good for BOP. Unfortunately I don't think any of those are all that substantive, excepting maybe the deeper deck if it solves issues with discharging/clumping.

Where are the improvements that matter more and have probably inhibited sales?

1. Better true quick height adjustment system?
2. Fully baffled mulch kit?
3. Authorized service center arrangements?
4. Serious antiscalp wheels for those who mow low and use them frequently.

The electric clutch blade engagement might be a step back, adding cost, weight, and lessening reliability for the small convenience.

If the deck is really floating it solves #1 above.

LawnMan19
12-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Can't wait to see the 52.

GMLC
12-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Pics please????!!!

MV Property Care
12-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Having a quick height adjustment would be # 1 for me.
Deeper deck would be # 2.

The thing I think is awesome is how they are able to have the excellent customer service they do. I think tommy has a telephone ear piece where ever he goes. I think it's a major accomplishment how they do business. Even if you don't like thier products you have to admire how they do business.

Hawkshot99
12-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Its great that you are helping them out posting info, but what company comes out with a brand new product, and then has a person who does not work for them out telling people about it and answering questions FOR them.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-09-2011, 01:53 AM
They should have something on their website too for new and improvements, otherwise its misleading, and all I see is sold out for 2011, just looks as though they are closing shop...

Exact Rototilling
12-09-2011, 03:24 PM
They should have something on their website too for new and improvements, otherwise its misleading, and all I see is sold out for 2011, just looks as though they are closing shop...

Yeah....I admit it doesn't reflect well frankly. Maybe someone needs a tax write off.for.2011....? They'll go shopping elsewhere? :confused:
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah, or even a Coming soon 2012 Models banner, look for updates soon....
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Well their website has been down yesterday and today so possible some improvements and announcements??

larryinalabama
12-11-2011, 10:39 PM
I got a BOP 44 duel hydro its ok but alaways needs something, I have no clue of the BS of not selling it anymore.

Turf Commando
12-13-2011, 10:13 PM
I recall a year ago when I conversed with someone at BOP about them needing to up-scale the current deck sizes... And ''behold'' 52'' is on the way smart move BOP..

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-16-2011, 03:41 PM
I sort of agree....to just 'sell out' during the year without a consistent supply of machines doesn't make too much sense. I know they are bringing a new line on but....

Also, ditto above on the quick height adjustment needed. Turning loose those rear deck bolts is a pain, therefore I only adjust height with the front casters and leave the back bolts be.

Exact Rototilling
12-17-2011, 03:27 AM
Rear height adjustment is much faster when you swap out the interference self locking nuts with fiber locking nuts and use a dewalt 18 volt impact. 3/4" Comes in handy for blade swap.as.well 5/8".
Posted via Mobile Device

touhey33
12-21-2011, 01:13 AM
any more news on this?

WHIPPLE5.7
01-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Not a thing on their website yet. Come on Lifetree whats going on?

Exact Rototilling
01-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Gary chimed in on another thread. Glad he did frankly. I'm sure they are busy.
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCityLawnCareLLC
02-14-2012, 05:13 AM
Lifetree-

In the interest of many who think BOP has gone belly up, can you shed any light at all as to what is going on?

I think BOP is a great company and would love to see them continue to build and grow an awesome product and company.

For the sake of BOP, shed some light, man! thanks.