PDA

View Full Version : Naming a business

Signature Services
12-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Hey guys, I have a question about naming a business. In this politically charged day and age, would it be appropriate to name a business using the phrase "All American" or anything patriot-ish as a method of conveying to potential clients that a company would not be using Hispanic labor?

Let me emphasize, I am not trying to inflame or insult anyone Hispanic or any owner out there that employs Hispanic workers. In fact, the concern is: would it turn off a prospect or engage one?

Thanks for any response.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-02-2011, 01:09 AM
I don't think it would matter either way, if they need your service and your price is reasonable, I don't think it matters what you call yourself, within reason of course

MarkintheGarden
12-10-2011, 07:39 PM
It would matter, some would be attracted and others would be repulsed.

Any particular name will resonate with some and the patriotic aspect resonated with me until I read that it implies racial discrimination. To me that is not patriotic or American.

Do you also plan to not service hispanic owned properties?

LawnMan19
12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't think it would matter either way.:usflag::canadaflag::englandflag::germanflag::swedishflag::itflag: all = green

Total Lawn and Sprinkler
12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
I don't think anyone would be offended by that name. I would have "landscaping," "lawn maintenance" or another industry-specific term in your name. This will benefit you in directories both online and not and it will help your business gain presence for relevant terms on the web.

Signature Services
12-12-2011, 01:23 PM
My company name is Signature Lawn Care Services. This thread was started to gain feedback regarding one's thoughts about patriotism as it relates to businesses names. Thanks.

AK's Cuts
12-12-2011, 01:34 PM
I am also thinking the same way. It sets red, white, and blue up nicely for company colors and 4th of july specials.

Thanksman
12-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I dont think it will matter. If it is a patriotic name.. or an american name... Im thinking you are servicing all nationalities.. in america. so i dont see a prob. Hope this dont offend anyone. And if it does. sorry in advance