PDA

View Full Version : slicer/seeder for z-maz

drtito
12-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Could I please get some honest input from anyone out there that has purchased and used the gandy slicer-seeder attachment for the z-spray max?

Thanks.

MikeT
12-03-2011, 08:24 AM
It works ok on open, level ground, but what doesn't? Very cumbersome switching between the plugger and the slit seeder on the newer two castor wheel z-plugr. There's not much room to pivot the machine when you switch attachments. I've never used the older single front castor wheel model but I imagine it would have a smoother arc when pivoting. You don't get the same turning radius with two wheels as you do with one in the middle. Having a longer and stronger frame between the engine and the castor wheels might help. If you're carrying both the plugr and the seeder attachments you'll need two guys to get the unhooked attachment on and off your trailer at each stop, and will lose a lot of time. Much more efficient and cost saving in the long run to have a separate aerator and seeder, or two Z units.

MikeT
12-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Oops, you said z-sprayer, not z-plugr. Sorry about that. Don't know about the sprayer.