PDA

View Full Version : Selling Yards

hayhauler
12-02-2011, 03:44 PM
I have some yards that are out of my way to make a lot of money mowing. I have another guy interested in buying the lawns from me for next year. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to price the yards to sell them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RGM
12-02-2011, 03:51 PM
I have never bought or sold lawns to many out there you can get for free and if you buy them you don't know how long you will keep them. A couple of years back I did trade a few lawns but they were a couple farther away then I wanted to travel for a couple closer to me.

hayhauler
12-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks RGM. That does make sense. I've also had someone tell me to sell the yards for what I would make in 3 cuttings. However, that seems to be a little too cheap in my opinion. I've also had somebody tell me to sell the yards for what you gross in a full season or at least a half season. So, i'm just not sure what to do.

fireman gus
12-02-2011, 08:41 PM
In our area we buy yards for 1/2 to 1 month gross.

ralph02813
12-03-2011, 06:46 AM
I had a guy approach me and wanted 10% of gross, he would take it monthly for one season - I went to talk to the customer yikes he should have been trying to give that one away - I opted out.

USA Lawn Care
12-03-2011, 01:08 PM
hang onto them and subcontract them out.
it works regardless of what the haters say:rolleyes:

pm me for more info.