PDA

View Full Version : What motivates you in the morning ??

UpMax
12-03-2011, 08:27 AM
No right or wrong answers, but what really does motivate you in the morning ??
:weightlifter:

Darryl G
12-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

KrayzKajun
12-03-2011, 09:13 AM
A nice cold Monster Energy Coffee. And the fact I woke up to another wonderful day of being my own boss.
Posted via Mobile Device

mowyo
12-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Money..... and coffeeeeee !!!

UpMax
12-03-2011, 09:16 AM
What about this mantra ??

This is my lawn mower.
There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
My lawn mower is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life.
My lawn mower without me is useless. Without my lawn mower, I am useless.
I must use my lawn mower true.
I must cut grass better than my competitor who is trying to steal my customers.
I must cut down my enemy before he cuts me down

32vld
12-03-2011, 09:18 AM
In general
God gave me another day of life
Today getting to go on an afternoon deer hunt with my son

David Haggerty
12-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Today I'm going kayaking...Wife says I'd better get off the computer and get showered. So I guess it's my wife doing the motivating.

KrayzKajun
12-03-2011, 11:03 AM

This is my lawn mower.

Amen.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
12-03-2011, 02:39 PM
hey upmax, i belong to that aussie site too. maybe see ya there over the winter(mine)

anyways, motivation. i get up; ready to go each and every day. i want to get out and feel like i can take on the world(grass).

some odd job satisfaction keeps me going i think.

Darryl G
12-03-2011, 07:08 PM
In the daily morning i do always pray and show the photos of the god.Then after do all this things it will motivate me to do anything in the world.I never quite for anything

Huh? Is that you Meg-Mo?

KS_Grasscutter
12-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I think I need to FIND something to motivate me haha. I have a heck of a time getting out of bed every morning, hit the snooze button till the alarm just gives up, usually crawl out of bed between 9 and 10. I did fine most of the summer, but this fall it seems I just had NO motivation at all. Hoping to expand a bit for next year, maybe that will excite me to get out of bed at a decent time lol.

greendoctor
12-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Knowing that I am the boss. People place their trust in me to do what is right and not what is fast and cheap. I used to hate mornings when I was someone's employee.

Patriot Services
12-04-2011, 10:25 AM
After 20 years of military conditioning I still snap my eyes open at 4AM with an overwhelming urge to exercise. Then I just say eff it, I'm up, might as well do some work.
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
12-04-2011, 11:04 AM
After 20 years of military conditioning I still snap my eyes open at 4AM with an overwhelming urge to exercise. Then I just say eff it, I'm up, might as well do some work.
Posted via Mobile Device

I really need to start getting up and exercising before I start my day. I tried goig to the gym after my work day and the enrgy is just gone.
Posted via Mobile Device

TMlawncare
12-04-2011, 11:16 AM

This is my lawn mower.

I like this answer. Seems right on the spot most of the time.

duke12
12-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Waking up in the morning and check the mailbox for those nice size checkspayup

Patriot Services
12-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Waking up in the morning and check the mailbox for those nice size checkspayup

Your mailman comes in the middle of the night?
Posted via Mobile Device

ny scaper
12-05-2011, 02:11 PM
my kids...and my responsibility to them. Coffee and Green motivate me too!

ArenaLandscaping
12-05-2011, 06:21 PM
What motivates me......Life, Push ups, A good Breakfast, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A

JContracting
12-05-2011, 07:03 PM
To have a setup like this for racing motocross as well as 2 brand new 450s and 250f's each year within the next 4 years. Currently have a 25ft toy hauler, but a 40ft 5th wheel is the goal. As well as a house such as this on 20+ acres within 5-8 years.
Pic of 5th wheel is via a fellow dieselplace member, picture taken at spring creek mx in millville mn

Patriot Services
12-05-2011, 07:13 PM
What motivates me......Life, Push ups, A good Breakfast, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A

And an untrimmed Japanese Maple.
Posted via Mobile Device

ArenaLandscaping
12-05-2011, 07:16 PM
And an untrimmed Japanese Maple.
Posted via Mobile Device

There is nothing I like better..............

Total Lawn and Sprinkler
12-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Money is my number one motivator. Not because I'm obsessed with money, but more because what that money can do. So, I guess I'm really motivated by providing a better life for myself and my loved ones.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-07-2011, 11:48 AM
That's easy the garage doors opening and the roar of the mowers coming to life under my bedroom. It means my guys are here and loading up and its time to wake up and get ready since they are on the clock and the longer I sleep the more money I lose.

RGM
12-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Coffee! and the dream of mo money

FoghornLeghorn
12-07-2011, 07:40 PM
The IRS, The Hartford, My Sweet Babyboy, my Wife. My mortgage company...I could go on all night
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanksman
12-12-2011, 09:40 AM
family,life,coffee

UpMax
12-12-2011, 10:22 AM
There is a Coffee Connection here - Must be Colombian beans !!

alexschultz1
12-12-2011, 12:07 PM
not having my girlfriend anymore!! WOOHOO baby back on the market!!

Patriot Services
12-12-2011, 12:19 PM
not having my girlfriend anymore!! WOOHOO baby back on the market!!

I'll alert the media.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Commando
12-13-2011, 07:19 PM

This is my lawn mower.
Someone seen full metal jacket to much...!
Posted via Mobile Device

Total Lawn and Sprinkler
12-13-2011, 07:26 PM
I'll alert the media.
Posted via Mobile Device

Great comment!

GreenI.A.
12-14-2011, 07:14 PM
now that its cold out every morning the thing that gets me up is knowing that my truck has heated seats and they can take my butt from freezing to sweating in less than a minute

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-16-2011, 03:42 PM
I would say morning lovemaking.....also knowing I own my own biz and control my schedule:)

Ijustwantausername
12-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Some days are harder than others, but mainly the fact that I have a business and I have to go out and do the work because no one is going to do it for me. Money is a motivator, but mainly the fact that I am my own boss and I can do what ever I want. I also like to think of how I can crush my competitors day in and day out. As Kevin O' Leary said "When it comes to winning in business, I like to pour boiling hot oil over my competitors heads everyday."

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Good luck to all.
Posted via Mobile Device

UpMax
01-03-2012, 08:24 AM
ok boys and girls ... holidays are over, let's get back to work !!

LoweJ82
01-03-2012, 08:59 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Good luck to all.
Posted via Mobile Device

my thoughts exactly when I read the little post preview, $$$$$$$$$

UpMax
01-03-2012, 09:02 AM
May the force be with you all in 2012

weeze
01-03-2012, 03:03 PM
i would say nothing motivates me in the morning lol...i have to try to motivate myself to get out of bed which takes 30min or longer. i have no problem staying motivated to stay up late. it's just the morning part i struggle with. once i talk myself into it and get myself goin everything is fine. it's just the trying to convince myself to get going, that is the hardest part.

beachtownlawnservice
01-03-2012, 09:37 PM
providing for my family

KrayzKajun
01-03-2012, 10:00 PM
providing for my family

Now that I am fulltime with my company this sums it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ben'sLawnCare
01-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I think that number 1 money has to motivate you. If it doesnt then you must have plenty of it and should retire....

nepatsfan
01-03-2012, 10:42 PM
I think that number 1 money has to motivate you. If it doesnt then you must have plenty of it and should retire....

Serious question....You obviously don't bag and a lot of people don't. You think that picture looks good? You must because you posted it in the thread. I mean it seems like a nice lawn and the stripes don't look bad but I would never leave it like that.

The original question....money

carloslawnmaintain57
01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
A good cup of coffee.

weeze
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Serious question....You obviously don't bag and a lot of people don't. You think that picture looks good? You must because you posted it in the thread. I mean it seems like a nice lawn and the stripes don't look bad but I would never leave it like that.

what is this picture you speaketh about?

nortonlawncare
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
what gets me going in the morning: about 1800 square feet siting on 2.5 acres

nepatsfan
01-04-2012, 10:43 PM
what is this picture you speaketh about?

Poster must have deleted it, it was on the post above mine on benslawncare.

Ben'sLawnCare
01-05-2012, 01:50 PM

I actually did bag this yard. But there were a ton of leaves. sorry i didnt go over it a thousand times. I accidently put that pic in my signature but i have since taken it off. And yeah I actually do think it looks good. Sorry! Get over yourself. This has nothing to do with the original post. What a DB. hahaha

nepatsfan
01-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I actually did bag this yard. But there were a ton of leaves. sorry i didnt go over it a thousand times. I accidently put that pic in my signature but i have since taken it off. And yeah I actually do think it looks good. Sorry! Get over yourself. This has nothing to do with the original post. What a DB. hahaha

As long as you and your customers are happy with it then that's all that matters. Good luck in the future even if it's in a different industry.

UpMax
01-21-2012, 05:35 AM
As long as customers pay on time and don't put your invoice in the "pay later" pile

MLI
01-21-2012, 08:11 AM
COffee and these little girls.....

PLS-Tx
01-21-2012, 01:40 PM
COffee and these little girls.....

Cute kiddios!!!

I agree on the coffee, gota have it.

weeze
01-21-2012, 01:48 PM
went fishing yesterday. the night before couldn't get to sleep until 1am or later and it was one of those nights where you're only half asleep the whole night. then we got up at 5:30am and fished until 4pm or so. It was pretty cold too and rainy. so today i didnt' even want to get up to be honest. pouring rain today. i had some crazy dream where 3 different girls all wanted to be my gf. they were all trying to keep my attention away from the other girls. i have no idea who they were. dreams never make any sense. :laugh: went to bed last night at 11:30-12pm then woke up at 11am. :laugh:

outrunjason
01-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Starbucks!!!

FoghornLeghorn
01-22-2012, 12:06 AM
went fishing yesterday. the night before couldn't get to sleep until 1am or later and it was one of those nights where you're only half asleep the whole night. then we got up at 5:30am and fished until 4pm or so. It was pretty cold too and rainy. so today i didnt' even want to get up to be honest. pouring rain today. i had some crazy dream where 3 different girls all wanted to be my gf. they were all trying to keep my attention away from the other girls. i have no idea who they were. dreams never make any sense. :laugh: went to bed last night at 11:30-12pm then woke up at 11am. :laugh:

What does any of that have to do with morning motivation? Are you drinking at 11:45 in the morning again?
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
01-22-2012, 02:47 AM
the point was it's hard to get motivated in the morning. :laugh:

UpMax
01-22-2012, 05:47 PM
My regular customer just sent me an SMS. "Chris I have left $200 in the letterbox, do what you can" This is motivation. Shame it's 34 degrees celsius today !!
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
01-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Going to work motivates me. I don't work for myself anymore, but I enjoy my job enough that I want to go in early (most days) and do the best I can.

I'm also a generally undisciplined person, so I need something to motivate me...I have a hard time motivating myself.

I try to get up early to exercise, but I can't seem to do it. Maybe after I work on changing my diet, I can feel better in the mornings.

LawnMan19
01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Get out there and do what needs to be done that day,and thank God for giving me another day.That's all I need to motivate me.

lawn care St. Cloud, MN
01-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Huh? Is that you Meg-Mo?

Coffee definately motivates me in the morning. The sooner you get up the sooner you will be done with the day in the afternoon. I would rather get up earlier to do lawn care services in St. Cloud, MN than work later on lawn maintenance services.

http://www.saintcloudlawncare.com

Glenn Lawn Care
01-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Money
new truck
new house
new boat
vacation

JBNC
01-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Mt Dew and seeing my daughters face light up when I pick her up from daycare.

JContracting
01-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Money
new truck
new house
new boat
vacation

That's exactly it!
Posted via Mobile Device