PDA

View Full Version : vac on tail gate

i cut with ferris
12-03-2011, 08:59 AM
ok so my vac is getting really heavy at the end of the day to lift off the gate. so i was wondering if anyone has made the tail gate on there dump swing side was so they can dump with the vac still on.

STIHL GUY
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM
i put mine on the front of my trailer and so far its worked pretty well

cuttin-to-the-Max
12-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Front of trailer With 3 HD locks!

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Do you have barn doors? If so we mounted ours to one of the doors. So it swings with the door. If you have a normal gate get a swingaway kit. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
12-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Do you have barn doors? If so we mounted ours to one of the doors. So it swings with the door. If you have a normal gate get a swingaway kit. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

i cut with ferris
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
who makes a swing away kit? we want to keep it on the the truck. it works fine now but it gets heavy at the end of the day. Just trying to make it easier to dump.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
12-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Giant vac or little wonder both make swing away kits. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

i cut with ferris
12-07-2011, 09:46 PM
o i know the swing away ones your talking about now. looking into them already but i cant tow the trailer with them so no good. i want to make the gate swing out to one side with the vac still on it. i was wondering if anyone has done this before?

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
12-08-2011, 05:41 PM
All you need to do is weld a separate receiver on your pintle plate and you can do both.
Posted via Mobile Device

i cut with ferris
12-08-2011, 05:51 PM
didn't think there was enough room to put the swing away with the trailer on. Did you do this? if so do you have any pics of it? thanks

Kelly's Landscaping
12-08-2011, 05:55 PM
If your talking about making it into a swing away but want to keep the hitch empty your going to be going custom. We made a 20hp giant vac into a swing away about 9 years ago we still use it. It's mounted to the box wall but instead of a wooden 2x4 we have a steel 2x4 with large pipes we use for hinges welded to it. Then we have a heavy piece of angle iron welded to the back that gives the vac a seat to sit on when not swinging away. Then its got a bolt that keeps it in place. If you feel you can make something like that go for it but if your not comfortable with having a large chunk of iron hanging off the back of your truck held by welds you made go find a pro and have him design and build something for ya.

i cut with ferris
12-08-2011, 07:53 PM
If your talking about making it into a swing away but want to keep the hitch empty your going to be going custom. We made a 20hp giant vac into a swing away about 9 years ago we still use it. It's mounted to the box wall but instead of a wooden 2x4 we have a steel 2x4 with large pipes we use for hinges welded to it. Then we have a heavy piece of angle iron welded to the back that gives the vac a seat to sit on when not swinging away. Then its got a bolt that keeps it in place. If you feel you can make something like that go for it but if your not comfortable with having a large chunk of iron hanging off the back of your truck held by welds you made go find a pro and have him design and build something for ya.

do you have any pics?

Kelly's Landscaping
12-09-2011, 07:27 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=331589&page=19

Luckily I have some already posted

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=357638&page=6

i cut with ferris
12-09-2011, 03:31 PM
i was thinking about making the gate do that.

JLSLLC
12-21-2011, 04:47 PM
I have a 11hp trac vac and i know what you mean about the end of the day lift off. Mine is the hitch mount but still has to be lifted off like yours.. Im currently welding in a piece of channel iron to the front of my trailer and mounting the vac there, just wanted to share, good luck

adam.neusbaum
12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

i cut with ferris
12-27-2011, 12:50 PM
hopefully by next fall i ll have something lol.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-27-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm sure you will just think on it from time to time and when it comes time to build you should already have all the kinks worked out.