PDA

View Full Version : Creating a website - suggestions for hosting/site creation?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-05-2011, 01:02 AM
Guys,

I plan to put together a simple website for my biz this winter. Nice thing to do in the offseason. Can anyone suggest someone for hosting service - someone reputable with reasonable monthly hosting fees? Also, would like to be able to create my own site so have an all-in-one hosting/build would be a defintite plus.

Thx

JContracting
12-05-2011, 02:59 AM
I use go daddy's website tonight builder. I believe I pay $30 once per yr and then $5 a month and also have an email acct with my company's web address. I'll PM you my web sure url. I don't need a search for my website to come up with lawnsite posts.
It's pretty basic as of now, once I get a little time I'm gonna do some more work with it and get it looking better.
Posted via Mobile Device

ringahding
12-05-2011, 04:17 AM
Inuit (http://www.intuit.com) is pretty reasonable. I recently switched to WordPress ( LOVE IT! ) highly recommend.

FLC2000
12-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Intuit. You can build it yourself and its a piece of cake to build and maintain.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys I will look at each of these.
I am not necessarily looking for the cheapest option out there.
Main thing I want is reliable service and easy, straight forward options to create my own website. I would also like the site to be professional and not hoky looking, so good templates are a must.

JContracting
12-05-2011, 04:40 PM
What do you think of mine DA?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Your site is clear and easy to navigate. If you had pics in there it would be even better.
Do you plan to take payments from your site?

Did you use GoDaddy for it?

JContracting
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
I have a good number of pictures, problem is that they are with my phone, it has an 8 mega pixel camera, but for w.e reason they're not as clear as I'd like. Next year I will certainly bring my 10 mega pixel digital camera with me when I do work.

I have a business paypal acct, but I'm not sure if I will do payment via my site or not yet, no customers have mentioned it yet but we will see what next year yields.

Yep, go daddy has a builder called website tonight that's what I used.
Posted via Mobile Device