PDA

View Full Version : Tight Quarters For Valves

MEXANDME
12-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I have a situation in a small pump house where I need to replace the existing 1" valves. Is it OK to mount them vertically with the flow direction being downward? (Rainbird DVF's)

Thanks,

Mex

Wet_Boots
12-05-2011, 04:35 PM
What?!! Surely such a thing has never been done before.....

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1788/avbpluszonevalve.jpg

MEXANDME
12-05-2011, 11:37 PM
WB.....I appreciate the pic!

If I can not come up with a way to avoid it, is it OK to plumb the valves vertically with the flow direction being downward?

Thanks again,

Mex

Stuttering Stan
12-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Yes it can be done so long as the atmospheric pressure does not exceed the barometric pressure (in other words, the gravitational pressure is lower than the dynamic pressure)

Kiril
12-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Yes it can be done so long as the atmospheric pressure does not exceed the barometric pressure (in other words, the gravitational pressure is lower than the dynamic pressure)

Are you sure you don't want to correct this?

Wet_Boots
12-06-2011, 12:24 AM
WB.....I appreciate the pic!

If I can not come up with a way to avoid it, is it OK to plumb the valves vertically with the flow direction being downward?

Thanks again,

MexYes. It works.

1idejim
12-06-2011, 06:34 PM
i've seen it done here but, i've also seen horses tied to parking meters, a pit river indian gal put her boyfriend and three cops in the hospital with her bare hands and a guy walk up mt shasta in flip flops......( i talked to a lemurian during a storm there once but i used to drink a bit) and i have also seen people do their jobs in a professional manner, try putting the valves outside and in a VB mex.