PDA

View Full Version : High priced residential cleanups

dmk395
12-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Anyone have any $500-600 ones? I have a few, all takeaways, my 3 man crew is usually there for half a day, and sometimes fill up the truck with the vac (one ton dump with 5 foot sides). People balk at these prices but these jobs take a lot of work and are expensive for us to complete, anyone else have a lot of these type jobs?

lbmd1
12-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Our biggest one each year is $4100. Basically we clean about 5 acres of heavily wooded lawn (mostly moss) of all leaves and debris. Property has about 150 good size trees and lots of downed limbs. We take about 5-6 Fuso dump loads of shredded leaves out of there along with 2 dump loads of brush. Spring cleanup is around $2800. It really helps going into winter with this one!

Mike

Swampy
12-06-2011, 07:20 AM
okay I'm way off I think.

Darryl G
12-06-2011, 10:23 AM
I have a couple in the $500 to $600 range. One is a take away and the other is a disposal to woods...lots of bed work on that one that really adds to the time.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Got 26 more to go and 3 of them are that size then I have 3 more in the works one would be 600 another 1400 and the plaza is 2000 if I get it. I don't like 1 day clean ups but I can deal with it but if they go over a day and that 2k job might then it wears you and your crew out. Wait there is a 4th on my list that big but since its my house its free.

dmk395
12-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I only have 3 more. Then some tree work. Never worked this late in the season, so the late advertising and mild weather has been good.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-07-2011, 12:24 AM
This ant late the 2005-2006 season was late kept getting snow so we would have a week off then go out and work till it snowed again. We finally called it quits on Feb 1st that year for fall clean ups. Now if I am done before Dec 20th its considered a great year.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I have one in the $1200 range. Takes about 36 man hours and I take almost 30yards of loaded leaves away. There are a couple dozen rhododendron's to blow out, thats the worst part of the job.

srl28
12-07-2011, 12:53 PM
So your making $33 roughly per man hour? Including taking everything away? Ouch!

ny scaper
12-07-2011, 02:12 PM
So your making $33 roughly per man hour? Including taking everything away? Ouch!

X2
My largest is $400. Did it this past Saturday. Took two of us less than half day. Not properly incorporating bed work into an estimate is the biggest error in fall cleanups IMO. I know because I've been there done that.
This year, I was lucky as I have built a decent customer base with my people and they trust me so I was able to charge hourly with a rough estimates as its hard to estimate leave cleanup.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
12-07-2011, 09:46 PM

I didn't see in my response where I gave exact numbers. I said in the range and about. I don't give exact numbers. That being said, hourly rates in NW PA range between $35 to $45 hour.

srl28
12-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Not trying to start anything, just breaking down how you have it priced. And yes, based on the numbers given in your post there, thats about what it came to.

Tricky to price cleanups and there are waaaaay too many people, even larger or established companies doing cleanups for far too cheap, thus driving down the cost further and further. Thats a whole other arguement though with numerous sides to it.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
12-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Not trying to start anything, just breaking down how you have it priced. And yes, based on the numbers given in your post there, thats about what it came to.

Tricky to price cleanups and there are waaaaay too many people, even larger or established companies doing cleanups for far too cheap, thus driving down the cost further and further. Thats a whole other arguement though with numerous sides to it.

Nothing started! What LCOs can charge vary greatly across this country. I always try to talk to new guys in the area and tell them how important it is they not charge to low. One of the things I like most about this site, is the open debate about pricing,costs, and procedures. It keeps the mind working! ...Notice I said debate instead of argument. Almost the same but sounds better and keeps you in a better state of mind! :)

srl28
12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Definately agree, thanks for having a good attitude about it too. Bad attitudes and infalted egos are what ruins a forum and a site like this