PDA

View Full Version : Clean ups -- How are you getting them?

John_DeereGreen
12-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Just curious to see how everyone is getting clean up jobs for the fall...we don't do very many, mainly just current customers and that's it.

I've never really wanted to do a lot of them, but we are starting to get to the point where the manpower is no problem and I'd like to try.

So...how are you guys getting your clean up jobs?

higherground
12-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I ride by my accounts and if the yard looks bad I call and ask them if they want it cleaned up.

RussellB
12-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Advertise in HOA news letters.
Posted via Mobile Device

higherground
12-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Advertise in HOA news letters.
Posted via Mobile Device

great idea sir.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
We just do our clients we find we get about 1 clean up for every 2 accounts we have so that gives us about a 100 clean ups each fall. Any more then that and we run the risks of not finishing so we opt not to chase any.

ralph02813
12-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I do what comes at me, I do all my own customers a little at a time, a couple require lots of extra effort, I might pick up one or two outside accounts, but I don't go looking for them.

jackal
12-06-2011, 03:25 PM
I try to stick with my regulars. Cleaning up leaves can be dangerous if you don't know whats under them.

Green Feet Lawn
12-06-2011, 03:40 PM
I do subcontract work for a well known landscape company in town. They have a large customer base of high end residentials. They do the bed clean up and we come in after and do the entire yard.

Ticolawnllc
12-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Be done this week end thank god.

ringahding
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Just curious to see how everyone is getting clean up jobs for the fall...we don't do very many, mainly just current customers and that's it.

I've never really wanted to do a lot of them, but we are starting to get to the point where the manpower is no problem and I'd like to try.

So...how are you guys getting your clean up jobs?

From our website..80+ jobs this past fall

John_DeereGreen
12-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the tips guys...

I think there will be some advertising done for spring clean ups, and again next fall.

andyslawncare
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM
great idea sir.

Indeed a splendorous idea!

andyslawncare
12-12-2011, 09:46 PM
We door knock when we have time when we do clean ups, and leave door hangers if they are not home or don't answer. Sometimes we put up yard signs, though one city's code inforcement has taken most of our signage captive as it can only remain for 3 days unless work is still active. We also do money mailer, website to attract google searches, craigslist, 5,000 flyers thrown in driveways per month this winter also... People also see our logo and info on the trucks while we are doing the work. Lots of ways to market--You gotta get on your game before the leaves fall so that you are ready to upsell. I'm upselling all kinds of things for next year right now, when otherwise my next major chance to talk to these people is in the spring, when our schedule will already be 1-2 months booked.

metro36
12-12-2011, 10:07 PM
I really tried to pick up some fall cleanup jobs this year. I wanted to pick up extra jobs to cover the costs of my leaf setup. I ran an ad in the local paper for 6 weeks and on a local news website for 2 months. Out of all that I picked up 1 large cleanup from the paper. I got 2 cleanups and 2 pile pickups from the local news website. One of those cleanups turned into a weekly mowing and possible install net season. So I got a much better return on the cheaper news website.

Now I picked up 3 cleanups and 4 pile pickups from word of mouth and people seeing my work. So basically I got the best return on that advertising. :p