PDA

View Full Version : A safe place in Florida?

wildstarblazer
12-06-2011, 12:03 PM
I am a looking to work for a lawn company in Fl. but where is a good place to live with young kids in Florida? I lived and grew up in in ft lauderdale and don't want to let my kids grow up there. Anyone feel safe where they are??

gregory
12-06-2011, 12:31 PM
i feel safe where i live. lived here since 73. unless you live in a very small town there is no best or safest town in fla. i will say i dont care to live on the east coast great place to go and drink and see great looking women but woulnt live there..

i would say i think the west coast of fla south of tampa is not as bad as the east coast. just my opinion...but there is crime here also....

Ric
12-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Hello

What is wrong with Statesboro Ga.???? My step son went to College there and it seems like a safe place to raise children.

I raise my Children as a Single Parent in a small town on the Gulf Coast of Florida. But I told them from day one it was a great place to grow up but not the place for young adults to get ahead. The day both my children graduated High school they left for College and the Big city (Miami). Other than to visit neither one has come back or will they. Like Gregory I love to visit the East Coast of Florida, But I don't think I would want to live there.

fl-landscapes
12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
If I were to do it over, sarasota
Posted via Mobile Device

unkownfl
12-06-2011, 03:20 PM
I hate to say it but if you're planning on working for a lawn company here as a main source of income you're not going to like any where you can afford to live in FL. Unless, If you have some other means of income.... (Central)Celebration, Lake Mary, Windermere are nice places for kids to grow up. There are some nice family friend places in SWFL as mentioned Estero, Bonita Beach, Naples, Sarasota.

Landscape Poet
12-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I hate to say it but if you're planning on working for a lawn company here as a main source of income you're not going to like any where you can afford to live in FL. Unless, If you have some other means of income....

Says the lawn guy living in windermere?

To the OP - Oviedo where I live. Check it out - we have been listed as one of the top 100 cities in the country to live for the past 3 years for a reason. Quick trip to Orlando events in a much more laid back community. Plenty of private schools to choose from if you can afford (most start at 13k per kid) but if you go public then most of the schools all grade levels are A rated schools and have been consistently for years.

Unknown mentioned Lake Mary which is also a very nice place. The real estate up there traditionally has been a little higher - but you also gain quick access to I-4 which is nice if you choose to avoid the toll roads.

In general - the city of Orlando is not somewhere I would want to raise kids but there are lots of surrounding neighborhoods as mentioned that are nice such as windermere, oviedo, lake mary/heathrow.

Patriot Services
12-06-2011, 06:42 PM
New Tampa, Westchase, Carrolwood, Trinity, Safety Harbor, Palm Harbor. Are you looking to work for a small operator or someone like VC? If you think its guaranteed year round employment you might be dissappointed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Plantculture
12-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Bithlo, Riviera beach, and Mims are few of my favorite towns

Florida Gardener
12-06-2011, 07:32 PM

Riviera for sure!
Posted via Mobile Device

wildstarblazer
12-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Hello

What is wrong with Statesboro Ga.???? My step son went to College there and it seems like a safe place to raise children.

Statesboro is a great place for kids and adults. But if your a lawn man your in poverty. Anyone with a pickup has a lawn service, plus most residents are do it yourselfers. I just can't seem to aquire enough work to make a good living. If your a Doctor or a teacher this is the place to live.

wildstarblazer
12-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks for all the input. I tend to like the west coast better as well.

Ric
12-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Statesboro is a great place for kids and adults. But if your a lawn man your in poverty. Anyone with a pickup has a lawn service, plus most residents are do it yourselfers. I just can't seem to aquire enough work to make a good living. If your a Doctor or a teacher this is the place to live.

Yo

So you think Florida is going to be different??? Boy do you have to wake up.

tjlco
12-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Um...yeah, Florida is like number one in prescription pill use, everone is either on them or knows someone who is...I hate the fact the my kids are going to grow up here. But I'm to scared to sell business and move. Im afraid I wouldn't make it somewhere else

Plantculture
12-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Yo

Agree with Ric on this one. Lawn care attracts all of the bottom feeders, and we have plenty.

unkownfl
12-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Says the lawn guy living in windermere?

To the OP - Oviedo where I live. Check it out - we have been listed as one of the top 100 cities in the country to live for the past 3 years for a reason. Quick trip to Orlando events in a much more laid back community. Plenty of private schools to choose from if you can afford (most start at 13k per kid) but if you go public then most of the schools all grade levels are A rated schools and have been consistently for years.

Unknown mentioned Lake Mary which is also a very nice place. The real estate up there traditionally has been a little higher - but you also gain quick access to I-4 which is nice if you choose to avoid the toll roads.

In general - the city of Orlando is not somewhere I would want to raise kids but there are lots of surrounding neighborhoods as mentioned that are nice such as windermere, oviedo, lake mary/heathrow.

If its so nice in Oviedo why are you always on this side???:laugh: I have never taken a job past Hiawassee towards the east. I live in Winter Garden now LOL need to update my profile.

Landscape Poet
12-07-2011, 12:45 AM
If its so nice in Oviedo why are you always on this side???:laugh: I have never taken a job past Hiawassee towards the east. I live in Winter Garden now LOL need to update my profile.

I am only over there 1 day a we19ek now. The reason is that one client has several properties over there that make it worth my while as the price is right. Honesty in terms of lawn care operations I think we have you guys beat:laugh:. That could be why we are one of the best places to live the last couple of years - you can get your lawn mowed cheaper than you can do it yourself. Although this year was better than last with all the newbies starting out. Last year we had a influx of operators and I think a bunch of them were working for that National Home Owners outfit. I guess cutting lawns for $60 a month and only getting $12 a cut for the operator made some of them disappear over the winter - especially since they were operating off the per cut basis.
I did see a sign down in your old hood this year off the 535 - any lawn any size $60 a month. :laugh: so maybe they moved your way? :hammerhead:

I was thinking of your old town the other day as one of the investors that I work for purchased another home off of the 535 and needs it cared for. He purchased the home for under $190k and three years ago it sold for $460K....this is the second property he has bought in Windermere in the last six months with numbers like this. IF the market comes any where close to what it was again ....he will be very happy with his investment.

jvanvliet
12-07-2011, 06:54 AM

Riviera Beach? BWAHAHA... you already don't like this guy.

It's not safe in Riviera Beach even if you are on the east side of the intercoastal.

Riviera Beach... bring protection :gunsfirin

wildstarblazer
12-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Yo

Yea, I used to work in Fl in early 2000's and before. There were always a ton a services under cutting eachother, but unless things have changed from the economy, there was always enough work to go around. Most people did not cut there own yards in Fl. like they do here.

Landscape Poet
12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Bithlo are few of my favorite towns

I guess it would be safe, unless you are the pig!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gLN3QoN-q8

Folks out there are a little different! but seeing as he is coming from GA I believe, maybe he will feel right at home? :rolleyes:

Ric
12-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Yea, I used to work in Fl in early 2000's and before. There were always a ton a services under cutting eachother, but unless things have changed from the economy, there was always enough work to go around. Most people did not cut there own yards in Fl. like they do here.

Wild

You do understand Florida and Nevada are tied for the highest unemployment and Foreclosure rate in America. Any experience you had in Florida before the 2008 crash is totally different now. Well established service provider of many many years are just holding status qua. New up starts here are having trouble because now every Plumber of Carpenter are now cutting grass.

I am friends with the man who is in charge of all our County Right away mowing and landscaping. He tells me the county can't believe how cheap the bids for mowing work are in this economy.

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. If Florida Lawn service was all that easy, then we would all be Millionaires.

Best of Luck to you, But don't ever say I didn't warn you. Before you make a big move, be sure to do your Due Dalliances and KNOW WHAT YOUR GETTING INTO.

gregory
12-07-2011, 10:55 AM
i have to agree with ric. it happens every summer you see mini vans with trailers that someone made wth mowers then the fall and winter hit and they sell them off..

i will say its not a easy market. i am just a homeowner myself...

Patriot Services
12-07-2011, 02:40 PM
In the early 2000's people were moving here in record numbers. Big corps were relocating here. All gone. No jobs of any kind. Big corps now outsourced to India. Real estate is crap, everybody wants to rent now. Record numbers leaving the state. Let's not forget our Grubinor Scott hasn't produced anything but hot air climate change. If you come here and make it work you can call yourself a 1 percenter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Keith
12-07-2011, 03:26 PM

Mid 90's to early 2000's were boom times in Florida. Like everyone else said, it has changed dramatically.

Who the hell said Bithlo? :laugh: They don't call it the nightmare before Christmas for nothing. The only reason to go there is if you work on broadcast towers or drag race, and it just happens to be the closest track.

jvanvliet
12-07-2011, 04:29 PM
I guess it would be safe, unless you are the pig!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gLN3QoN-q8

Folks out there are a little different! but seeing as he is coming from GA I believe, maybe he will feel right at home? :rolleyes:

That just ain't right...

zturncutter
12-07-2011, 06:06 PM

Like everyone else is saying, the sky seemed like the limit during those years. My butt didn't hit the seat of a mower unless I wanted to show the guys I could still do it. These days, well I just put a nice new cushy seat on the scag :laugh:

Patriot Services
12-07-2011, 06:10 PM
As I type this I'm watching grubinor Scott still trying to drug test welfare. Really? Nothing more pressing on this states agenda?
Posted via Mobile Device

wildstarblazer
12-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Damn. I guess I oughta re-think this afterall. Didn't realize it was so tuff over there. I'm still stuck in the 90's thinking I guess.

jvanvliet
12-07-2011, 07:12 PM
As I type this I'm watching grubinor Scott still trying to drug test welfare. Really? Nothing more pressing on this states agenda?
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think it's unreasonable; My employees are subject to drug tests, why not state workers & welfare leaches?

Patriot Services
12-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable; My employees are subject to drug tests, why not state workers & welfare leaches?

Not unreasonable, but outside of that what else is he doing for the state?
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
12-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Not unreasonable, but outside of that what else is he doing for the state?
Posted via Mobile Device

Didn't intend to debate Scott's performance.

If you've ever been through Riviera Beach, Pleasant City, Green Acres, Pahokee, South Bay, Glades, Lauderhill, Oakland Park, Overtown, Miami... etc. you'd have to agree that requiring a drug test to receive YOUR hard earned tax dollars is a step in the right direction. He ought to be encouraged to take more action similar to it.

Used to be you had to qualify for public assistance, now it's a free for all, all that is except you and me...

jvanvliet
12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Damn. I guess I oughta re-think this afterall. Didn't realize it was so tuff over there. I'm still stuck in the 90's thinking I guess.

It's tough all over. There's plenty of work down here for those that want it. Come on down for a bit and scout around. Thumbs Up

fl-landscapes
12-07-2011, 10:07 PM
It's tough all over. There's plenty of work down here for those that want it. Come on down for a bit and scout around. Thumbs Up

And it's safe all over too. As long as you have a good alarm set every night, a dog with an intimidating bark and of course a loaded semi auto bedside :) I sleep soundly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Plantculture
12-07-2011, 10:18 PM

If you have some real skills then you can make it anywhere you choose. I suppose everyones point is that if you are competing with the general labor force then you will struggle severely. That force is saturated with all sorts of folks, but hardly any of them have a skill other than a strong back.

fl-landscapes
12-07-2011, 10:24 PM
If you have some real skills then you can make it anywhere you choose. I suppose everyones point is that if you are competing with the general labor force then you will struggle severely. That force is saturated with all sorts of folks, but hardly any of them have a skill other than a strong back.

I absolutely agree with your theory, BUT in this economic environment I think it is tough to start and succeed in a start up business anywhere, never mind one of the states with the highest unemployment rates.
Posted via Mobile Device

unkownfl
12-07-2011, 11:04 PM
OP said he is looking to work for somebody not start his own business. I think you'd be better off starting one up assuming you have the means to do so. Honestly, in order to afford to live in a decent area you need to make at least $4500 a month. That's three times the going rate for renting in a decent community for a 3/2/2 home. Most rental places will require that and I don't think you could make that working for someone in the lawn care industry in FL unless you're really good in sales.

Ric
12-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Didn't intend to debate Scott's performance.

If you've ever been through Riviera Beach, Pleasant City, Green Acres, Pahokee, South Bay, Glades, Lauderhill, Oakland Park, Overtown, Miami... etc. you'd have to agree that requiring a drug test to receive YOUR hard earned tax dollars is a step in the right direction. He ought to be encouraged to take more action similar to it.

Used to be you had to qualify for public assistance, now it's a free for all, all that is except you and me...

jvanvliet

I don't want to turn this in to a political thread but You got an A MEN from me.

jvanvliet
12-08-2011, 06:31 AM
I'm done Ric.

If the OP wants to start down here working for somebody else's LCO, he's gonna have financial problems. Pay for a lawn crewman is between $8 - $10 an hour, maybe as high as $12.50 (in my neck of the woods). It's hard to pay the rent with that unless you have a wife and 12 kids that all work too.

Landscape Poet
12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Do not forget that Scott some how ripped the state and Federal government off of millions of dollars through the medical field prior to getting elected. Do you not see the writing on the wall? Some medical company is going to receive these contracts to perform all these test if he is able to keep this going. MMMMMMM---I wonder if they will be done on fair market value? Even if the test are done at fair market value - look at the possible dollar contribution that he just made to the medical services field.....one that his wife still owns a majority interest in.....mmmmmmmmmm. Governor Alien Face is up to something and I have a feeling that we the taxpayers are the ones that will end up getting bent over....not the welfare crowd that partakes in a joint here and there. :hammerhead:

jvanvliet
12-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Do not forget that Scott some how ripped the state and Federal government off of millions of dollars through the medical field prior to getting elected. Do you not see the writing on the wall? Some medical company is going to receive these contracts to perform all these test if he is able to keep this going. MMMMMMM---I wonder if they will be done on fair market value? Even if the test are done at fair market value - look at the possible dollar contribution that he just made to the medical services field.....one that his wife still owns a majority interest in.....mmmmmmmmmm. Governor Alien Face is up to something and I have a feeling that we the taxpayers are the ones that will end up getting bent over....not the welfare crowd that partakes in a joint here and there. :hammerhead:

You need to come on down and see how your welfare tax dollars are being spent.

Patriot Services
12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
You need to come on down and see how your welfare tax dollars are being spent.

You mean its not coincidence that the biggest rim, sound and accessory shops are located in the hood?
Posted via Mobile Device

greendoctor
12-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Nope. Or that the products of these shops are found where the residents or children of these residents do not have to do an honest day's work to live. I seldom see the rolling boom boxes or ground pounders in the kind of neighborhoods I work in.

Ric
12-09-2011, 09:19 AM

The Problem with 4th generation welfare is they expect it. If we cut it off there be a crime wave so big the National Guard won't be able to control it.

jvanvliet
12-09-2011, 09:37 AM
there are people who think it's a constitutonal right. Thank you LBJ (D) for the "Great Society" and Viet Nam.

Ric
12-09-2011, 10:28 AM
there are people who think it's a constitutonal right. Thank you LBJ (D) for the "Great Society" and Viet Nam.

Hello It was actually Ike who send the first troops to Nam in support of the French who were trying to keep Nam as a colony. LBJ only increased the commitment. The Roots of the Great Society were a Kennedy plan that LBJ promoted and got credit for.

jvanvliet
12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Yep you are correct, what was essentially a black operation, the highly effective "hearts and minds" program, initiated by Ike and Kennedy and implemented by the Green Berets and CIA was discontinued under LBJ in favor of sending ground troops to "protect American installations" leaving the SV's unable to protect themselves and to be victimized by the VC and NVA.

It was LBJ that opened the welfare pork barrel but it was Nixon, a republican, that put teeth into all the civil rights legislation that was passed.

As an aside, LBJ's MacNamara worked diligently to implement rules of engagement that hobbled Americans in a conflict he felt was unwinable.

(He also refused to have the M16 barrels nickle plated because he felt it was ArmaLite trying to pad the bill thus causing the weapon to rust, overheat & jam causing countless unnecessary combat casualties).

Ric
12-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Yep you are correct, what was essentially a black operation, the highly effective "hearts and minds" program, initiated by Ike and Kennedy and implemented by the Green Berets and CIA was discontinued under LBJ in favor of sending ground troops to "protect American installations" leaving the SV's unable to protect themselves and to be victimized by the VC and NVA.

It was LBJ that opened the welfare pork barrel but it was Nixon, a republican, that put teeth into all the civil rights legislation that was passed.

As an aside, LBJ's MacNamara worked diligently to implement rules of engagement that hobbled Americans in a conflict he felt was unwinable.

(He also refused to have the M16 barrels nickle plated because he felt it was ArmaLite trying to pad the bill thus causing the weapon to rust, overheat & jam causing countless unnecessary combat casualties).

jvanvliet

I was in Nam from Dec of 1964 to Jan of 1966. The main troop build up was started in March of 1965. The term armalite is still used in the Phillipines to discribe any Fires works. The M 14 wasn't all that bad of a weapon when the M 16 replaced it. But we are getting way off subject.

jvanvliet
12-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Your right... way off topic.

Welcome back:

Semper Fi

Patriot Services
12-10-2011, 10:16 AM
I am a looking to work for a lawn company in Fl. but where is a good place to live with young kids in Florida? I lived and grew up in in ft lauderdale and don't want to let my kids grow up there. Anyone feel safe where they are??

So, what have we decided?:usflag:

jvanvliet
12-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Be afraid, be vey afraid...

Landscape Poet
12-10-2011, 11:44 PM

After watching how far off topic we (the FL crew) can get in a 5 page thread, he is most likely packing the trailer now with the thoughts that we must not be very focused! :laugh:

Patriot Services
12-11-2011, 08:18 AM
After watching how far off topic we (the FL crew) can get in a 5 page thread, he is most likely packing the trailer now with the thoughts that we must not be very focused! :laugh:

I prefer diverse. The ability to discuss several topics that pertain to us besides "what height do you mow SA at" or" Exmark, Scag, Toro, JD or Kubota?".
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I prefer diverse. The ability to discuss several topics that pertain to us besides "what height do you mow SA at" or" Exmark, Scag, Toro, JD or Kubota?".
Posted via Mobile Device

You forgot wright and ferris. Btw, what height do you cut Bahia at?
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
12-11-2011, 11:07 AM
4-6"

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/lh006

A diverse thread beats the tar out of the usual "best blower" "Best Mower" "Best weed wacker" "Best edger" "How many acres can you cut in 3 minutes" and the "Let's blast Bad Boy" threads.

jvanvliet
12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Did you notice this thread got 1,106 views?

Apparently everybody else like diversity also. Maybe the FL forum can start it's own reality show.

Florida Gardener
12-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Did you notice this thread got 1,106 views?

Apparently everybody else like diversity also. Maybe the FL forum can start it's own reality show.

True life:Florida lawnboy
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
12-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Deadliest Cutters, Turf Wars, Lawn Turds, Big Mowin, Mower Repo, Hells Mowing, Real Scrubs. I gotta stop, it hurts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
12-11-2011, 02:47 PM
The real housewives of lawnboys
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
man vs. mower

jvanvliet
12-12-2011, 07:53 AM
ROFLMAO you guys are too funny!

Bahia Babes; Dixie Chopper Chic (pronounced sheik); Bad Boy Bandids; Lawn N Order; Scag Hags;

But is it safe?

Landscape Poet
12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Deadliest Cutters, Turf Wars, Lawn Turds, Big Mowin, Mower Repo, Hells Mowing, Real Scrubs. I gotta stop, it hurts.
Posted via Mobile Device

I already have a TV show in the works with A&E called "Lawn Turds" ....it will premier sometime in the early spring!:laugh:

Landscape Poet
12-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Just thought I would bring this little tid bit to the OP's attention and ask him if this is the FL he remembers?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/health/fl-food-stamp-surge-distress-20111220,0,7478084.story

Still thinking FL is a good move?

jvanvliet
12-22-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm not convinced the word "depends" is used in context, lot's of them are leeches.

Headline should read 1 in 6 RECEIVE food stamps.

I see them all the time shopping baskets filled to the brim & only the best. Steaks, Fish, you name it. They are decked out with gold teeth, gold jewelry $500 - $1000 hair-weaves, extra long painted nails and weighing in at an average of 300lbs. or more with waves of undulating blubber swinging from every part of their bodies and drive away in fancy cars with blaster stereos and 20"rims.

PLEEZE!

May be different up there, different demographic and all but down here...

Ric
12-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Just thought I would bring this little tid bit to the OP's attention and ask him if this is the FL he remembers?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/health/fl-food-stamp-surge-distress-20111220,0,7478084.story

Mikey

You are pointing out what government is doing FOR the people.

Let me point what government is NOT DOING for the people. Big time Budget cuts are laying off Fire Fighters and Policeman. Not to long ago a Fire Chief was interviewed after he let a house burn to the ground without responding. He simply said he didn't have the man power and had to close the Fire station that was only a few miles from that house.

In another case the Lee Family is suing the County because they didn't have enough man power to respond to a 911 call and a Mother/daughter was kidnapped and murdered.

jvanvliet
12-22-2011, 09:44 AM
The taxpayers get screwed; the welfare leeches get fat.

Ric
12-22-2011, 10:43 AM
The taxpayers get screwed; the welfare leeches get fat.

Don't Blame me, I am not a Democrat

fl-landscapes
12-22-2011, 11:03 AM
They seemed to have enough man power at the seatbelt sting operation they were running. Think there was five cop cars and eight patrolman.

Mikey

You are pointing out what government is doing FOR the people.

Let me point what government is NOT DOING for the people. Big time Budget cuts are laying off Fire Fighters and Policeman. Not to long ago a Fire Chief was interviewed after he let a house burn to the ground without responding. He simply said he didn't have the man power and had to close the Fire station that was only a few miles from that house.

In another case the Lee Family is suing the County because they didn't have enough man power to respond to a 911 call and a Mother/daughter was kidnapped and murdered.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
12-22-2011, 11:21 AM
They seemed to have enough man power at the seatbelt sting operation they were running. Think there was five cop cars and eight patrolman.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yep I remember that.

You were talking to me on your Cell phone when they got you. Hey Seat Belt tickets are INCOME for the County. It takes 5 cops to run a good sting. But I know you remember The Lee Girl from North Port and the scum bag that raped and murdered her. A mishandled call to 911 or she would be alive today.

unkownfl
12-22-2011, 11:55 AM

He's already here with a brand new EBT card. And you can go to Hawaii if you sell your ebt card to someone and take the cash to buy a ticket so Newt Gingrich is right.

jvanvliet
12-22-2011, 12:27 PM
And away we go :p

Landscape Poet
12-22-2011, 06:47 PM
He's already here with a brand new EBT card. And you can go to Hawaii if you sell your ebt card to someone and take the cash to buy a ticket so Newt Gingrich is right.

I need to go get one of those so I can afford to visit Greendoctor!

greendoctor
12-22-2011, 06:54 PM
It is not that easy to get an EBT card, but once you do..............People with EBT cards also roll in some fancy rides. I am talking about Escalades with 500 watt stereos and LCD screens mounted on the seats or Dodge Rams with chrome everywhere.

Patriot Services
12-22-2011, 07:00 PM
I rolled by a c~store in the hood today that was taking EBT for Christmas trees. They sting these places all the time and like roaches two more pop up. You guys are right about the ones actually buying groceries are buying top shelf stuff. Meanwhile its almost certain the payroll tax holiday will give them more of our money to pizz away.
Posted via Mobile Device

greendoctor
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM
I wish they would buy top shelf stuff. I see EBT shoppers buying stuff I would not eat if it were given to me free. EBT eligible also means Medicaid eligible. Without consuming foods full of HCFC, hydrogenated oil, artificial colorings and flavorings, how much would these people need doctors or hospital visits?

unkownfl
12-22-2011, 11:19 PM
I was just at publix tonight (regional grocery store) and saw a coupe buy two ribeyes about 3 inches thick and two lobster tails 3lbs snow crab and kids cuzines or what tv dinners, tons of chips dip milk eggs 4 packs of bacon etc.$320 bucks on the EBT.

greendoctor
12-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Only about $150 or so of that was good food, the rest of it was exactly what I was talking about. Frankenfood costs money. I walked out of Safeway tonight with 4 lb of lamb rib rack, potatoes and veggies. Cost: $50.

jvanvliet
12-23-2011, 08:28 AM
It is not that easy to get an EBT card.

There's tutorials on what to say (read lie) on your application to get one, it ain't all that hard.

Ric
12-23-2011, 09:27 AM

I have no problem with the Government feeding the unemployeed. I think they should get all the Beans, Rice, Surplus cheese and powded Milk they can eat.

If they don't like Drug Testing for free food, Get a Job.