PDA

View Full Version : land and property maintenance

Clemsonkurt
12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I would like to get some feedback from the membership. I am interested in the possibility of starting a "land and property maintennance and management" company. It would not be a landscaping or lawn care company in the traditional sense, but would be to look after peoples vaction homes and hobby farms, hunting property, etc. The business model would go something like this: annual contract for the basic service package that would be billed monthly. The basic service would be a weekly visit and inspection of the property with some very minor maintennance performed, depending upon agreement; the contract would basically establish a fiduciary relationship b/n me and the client. Other services would be provided as needed - everything from minor interior maintenance to outdoor services and site construction or management depending on the situation. These services would either be self performed or subcontracted out depending upon specific service.

Essentially I would be providing land owners and second home owners with a property caretaker that they did not have to board or pay full time. They would only be paying on an al la carte (sp?) basis.

Has anyone done this or seen it done? Any thoughts.

RGM
12-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I worked for a property management co in the past hard to set a regular price when your starting out. No need for a once a week visit unless your cutting the grass and people would probably want it by weekly if there not going to be around. Unless your in a resort town it could be alot of traveling too.