PDA

View Full Version : Starting from square 1

Diddy
12-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi guys Iím located in southwestern pa. I have a couple of question. I would like to become legit lawn service like with insurance, taxes, and appropriate licenses.

Can anyone help me out with how a go about doing this. Thanks so much.

jsslawncare
12-06-2011, 04:30 PM
1. Get a business license
2. Get insurance
3. Get customers
4. Pay taxes on profit (my wife is my account)
It's simple to start that's why evertone does it.

Diddy
12-06-2011, 04:43 PM
1. Get a business license
2. Get insurance
3. Get customers
4. Pay taxes on profit (my wife is my account)
It's simple to start that's why evertone does it.

thank you. how do i go about getting a buisness liscense?

jsslawncare
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Look in your phone book under the phone numbers for your county/city. Look for business liscense phone number and call them.

Diddy
12-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Look in your phone book under the phone numbers for your county/city. Look for business liscense phone number and call them.

ok thank you i had no idea thats where i should look thanks

ralph02813
12-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi guys Iím located in southwestern pa. I have a couple of question. I would like to become legit lawn service like with insurance, taxes, and appropriate licenses.

Check with your state you can do it on the web check both the department or division of agricultural and the dept of business regulations you may not need alicense, but you do need the rest.

32vld
12-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Depends what state county or town you live. In NY no state license. Where I live no town license, but there is a county license.

Google your state county and town license requirements. Also a garden supply center and I mean a garden supply center not the excuse of a garden center you find stuck on the end of Lowes or Wally World. Go pay that garden center owner a visit. In a few minutes of talk he (in my case it was a she) will tell you the laws and license's need for your location.

Where I'm am you have to get a Home Improvement contractors license. It covers about 30 different titles of work related to home and grounds services, including snow removal.

And besides having to be licensed to put down pesticides you have to be licensed now to put down fertilizer.

Diddy
12-07-2011, 09:52 AM
thank you. ill give that i try next

Diddy
12-07-2011, 10:40 PM
wheres a good place for me to look into liability insurance

mbigred
12-07-2011, 10:50 PM

IVE ASK THAT AND NO ONE TELLS ME!:confused:

Diddy
12-07-2011, 10:51 PM
if i find anything out ill be sure to pass it along

mbigred
12-07-2011, 10:55 PM
if i find anything out ill be sure to pass it along

THANK YOU your home owns will not work

AkJohn
12-08-2011, 03:13 AM
I would try a insurance company
I just recently called state farm for 1 million in coverage was 500 a year

ralph02813
12-08-2011, 05:45 AM

Try Walmart - if they don't have it maybe an insurance company:laugh::laugh::laugh:

JLSLLC
12-08-2011, 08:58 AM
I used Utica First, they are only in certain states i think, but call and give them a try, if not, they can refer you somewhere most likely, good luck

jcollin
12-08-2011, 08:01 PM

To be honest this is by far the easiest part of starting a business all the info you need can be found on the internet. All you need to do is go on your state website and you can find all the info on the licenses u need. As far as the taxes you should def. get an accountant to take care of all that. You need to figure out if you want to be a sole proprietor,LLC or an Inc. There are different tax and liability with all of them with sole proprietor being the most risky for your personal assets. I would also talk to a business lawer about setting up either an LLC or Inc. With the fact your just starting off I would suggest an LLC (with the help of an attorney). For your ins. all u have to do is visit your local insurance agency and if they are good they will find you a few options. You can talk about the amount of coverage u SHOULD have with your attorney. Hope this helped. Good luck