PDA

View Full Version : Electrician in the Coral Gables & S. Miami area

Tomwilllight
12-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm a Landscape Lighting Designer who works occasionally with a horticulture management firm based in Miami. The electrician we were working with has left the area. Can anyone recommend a licensed local electrician who understands and respects low-voltage lighting installation?

Thanks for your help,
Tom Williams
www.WLLD.us

Ric
12-08-2011, 10:07 AM

Tom

In Florida low voltage installs DO NOT require a Licensed Electrician. The 110 outlet for the transformer must be installed by a Licensed Electrician. Same rule applies for Low voltage Irrigation solenoids etc.

I am not sure if you are advertising for a Licensed Electrician or just an experienced electrician?? My experience is 99% of the time there are several 110 outlet available for the Lighting Timer/Transformer. To me the hardest part of installing Out Door lighting is taking the time to water proof all connection. I normally just wrap them with Electrical tape and paint them heavy with PVC glue. That has worked for me for many years of Irrigation Installs. Yes I have done Lighting also but I am not in the Greater Miami area.

unkownfl
12-09-2011, 04:46 PM

Tom

In Florida low voltage installs DO NOT require a Licensed Electrician. The 110 outlet for the transformer must be installed by a Licensed Electrician. Same rule applies for Low voltage Irrigation solenoids etc.

I am not sure if you are advertising for a Licensed Electrician or just an experienced electrician?? My experience is 99% of the time there are several 110 outlet available for the Lighting Timer/Transformer. To me the hardest part of installing Out Door lighting is taking the time to water proof all connection. I normally just wrap them with Electrical tape and paint them heavy with PVC glue. That has worked for me for many years of Irrigation Installs. Yes I have done Lighting also but I am not in the Greater Miami area.

RIC, so you're guilty of working without a license...
You can get away with a Certified Limited Energy System
Specialty
http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/division/Servicesthatrequirealicense_Electrical.html

Ric
12-09-2011, 08:12 PM
RIC, so you're guilty of working without a license...
You can get away with a Certified Limited Energy System
Specialty
http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/division/Servicesthatrequirealicense_Electrical.html

Unknown

I guess you caught me. But The last time I installed a landscape lighting system was 2004 before the hurricanes blew away my nursery. Since that time I have only done Pesticide work as a one man band.