jvanvliet
12-07-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm looking for 8014 SoloRain Valve Actuators. The usual suspects are out
of stock. Any help?

Mike Leary
12-07-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm looking for 8014 SoloRain Valve Actuators. The usual suspects are out
of stock. Any help?

Are those the Nelson brand? If so, my supplier up north has them. What valve do they retro to?

mitchgo
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Sprinkler warehouse has them

jvanvliet
12-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Mike: Yes these are Nelson's, they fit Nelson valve models 7900 1" series, 9000 1" series, 7951, 7952, 7953, and the 9500 1 1/2" and 2" series

I'll be using adapters to fit them to Irritrol 100P valves.

mitchgo: Sprinkler Warehouse is out of them, I've checked several online suppliers, they were out of stock.

WTF, did they have a rush on these?

Mike Leary
12-08-2011, 09:56 AM
I'll call my REP later this morning and check. How many do you want and I assume you want the adapters, also?

Wet_Boots
12-08-2011, 10:28 AM
All that stuff would be made by Signature these days, is it is being manufactured at all.

Kiril
12-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Sprinkler warehouse has them

Sprinkler warehouse has everything and stocks nothing. :waving:

Mike Leary
12-08-2011, 11:51 AM
I used a lot of those for establishment irrigation, they worked great.

jvanvliet
12-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I'll call my REP later this morning and check. How many do you want and I assume you want the adapters, also?

Yes adapters also... I'll need two to start, thank you!

Mike Leary
12-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Yes adapters also... I'll need two to start, thank you!

The jungle drums tells me Signature has dropped most of the Nelson line, as Boots alluded to. My suppliers tell me the THINK they have two in stock, but not sure about the adapters. I'll let you know soon, they'll E-M in a few minutes. They take standard credit cards, so I'll put you in touch with them via PM.

Wet_Boots
12-08-2011, 06:49 PM
is Signature shipping any of the old Nelson products?

Mike Leary
12-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Not that my people know about.

Mike Leary
12-08-2011, 08:18 PM
My people have only two Solos with adapters, our price: $200.00 + shipping because they come with a Nelson valve attached.

Wet_Boots
12-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Great, so Signature is more or less dumping Nelson. Imperial went bye-bye. Buckner is all but vanished. No more Safe-T-Lawn.

And Orbit goes on and on...... :dizzy:

Mike Leary
12-08-2011, 08:55 PM
So, is Signature the new Toro? Who the hell are they? :dizzy:

Wet_Boots
12-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Outside of Nelson selling their irrigation division to them, I know little about them. No question that replacements for Nelson stuff are hard to come by.

jvanvliet
12-09-2011, 06:53 AM
My people have only two Solos with adapters, our price: $200.00 + shipping because they come with a Nelson valve attached.

Wet_Boots: "Great, so Signature is more or less dumping Nelson. Imperial went bye-bye. Buckner is all but vanished. No more Safe-T-Lawn."

GAAAAAH! :realmad:

What's going on? Boynton Pump & Supply has reduced their inventory to consumer product and pipe; Melrose Supply is now 90% K-Rain, Orbit & Chinese crap; Broward Pump & Supply is out of business... :wall

$200 for the actuator and valve is a decent price, but it busts my budget. I'll have to go back to the HOA. I quoted $149.00 (based on my cost of no more than $110.00) or look at Torro, maybe (gag) Orbit, do they make them?

Wet_Boots
12-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Since Toro makes the Irritrol valves, they should have something, if anyone does.

jvanvliet
12-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Since Toro makes the Irritrol valves, they should have something, if anyone does.

I know Torro has them; 2 Station Toro DDCWP (up to eight stations).

Somebody here recommended them a while back as opposed to the Hunters (which $uck by the way).

It's a little bulky for a field box box, but it will have to do for now.

I was told by one of my suppliers that Signature bought Nelson; the production facility that manufactured the actuators went on strike; Signature bought the factory (surprise, no more strike) production has resumed and deliveries of product is expected in a month.

Now I haven't personally checked all of that out so to the Pharisees, that may or may not be true. I'm not loosing sleep over it :sleeping:

DanaMac
12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
I know Torro has them; 2 Station Toro DDCWP (up to eight stations).

Somebody here recommended them a while back as opposed to the Hunters (which $uck by the way).

Yes, I have found them to be a very nice option for battery op situations. You just need to get the latching solenoid for whatever valve you are using.The Hunter ones are crap in my opinion.

Mike Leary
12-09-2011, 09:38 AM
$200 for the actuator and valve is a decent price, but it busts my budget. I'll have to go back to the HOA. I quoted $149.00 (based on my cost of no more than $110.00) or look at Torro, maybe (gag) Orbit, do they make them?

The $200.00 is for TWO actuators and adapters. I believe I was quoted $96.00 + adapter each.

Kiril
12-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Mike: Yes these are Nelson's, they fit Nelson valve models 7900 1" series, 9000 1" series, 7951, 7952, 7953, and the 9500 1 1/2" and 2" series

I'll be using adapters to fit them to Irritrol 100P valves.

mitchgo: Sprinkler Warehouse is out of them, I've checked several online suppliers, they were out of stock.

WTF, did they have a rush on these?

I checked Ewing, and they claim to have them available in 24 hours at my branch (23006040 8014 SOLORAIN DURALIFE ACTUATR)

The Ewing branch in East Tallahassee is showing 1 in stock.

S.O.Contracting
12-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Yes, I have found them to be a very nice option for battery op situations. You just need to get the latching solenoid for whatever valve you are using.The Hunter ones are crap in my opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of either. Have had several toro crap out after a year or so. Hunter did just redesign the svc its called the node now. Changed how it programs to more like a regular controller and added a second 9v though it only needs 1 to run still.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
12-09-2011, 12:28 PM
So, is Signature the new Toro? Who the hell are they? :dizzy:

I have my theories about Signature and what they are up to. They sell their central controls and other stuff private labeled for John Deere. My suspicion is that at some point Deere will outright acquire Signature so that they can have a line of turf irrigation equipment. I'm guessing that Signature will probably try to buy up a couple of other smaller irrigation companies before this happens though. Deere has always made it known that they want to be in the irrigation business. They would buy RB in a heartbeat if they could and I'm pretty sure they looked at Hunter real hard when it was up for sale back in the late 90's.

Mike Leary
12-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I was talking with the owner of my outlet up north, and he remarked," Hell, we're bigger than Weather-Matic, we could buy them anytime, but we felt it would be a conflict of interest, being a distributor, to own a manufacturer."

jvanvliet
12-09-2011, 04:46 PM
The $200.00 is for TWO actuators and adapters. I believe I was quoted $96.00 + adapter each.

Ah only the adapter, that's fine. I thought you said they came with the valves attached. $96.00 is a good price; if he's got them I'll take them.

Went and got two Torro's today, they look flimsy and are very bulky. I'll keep them in inventory anyway if I can get these Solo's.

jvanvliet
12-09-2011, 05:15 PM

From the looks of them, they'll offer flexibility. For installation into a 10" round valve box... eh, they will require some ingenuity. If I have to, I'll install another box to house the Torro.

I replaced four Hunters about a year ago, they had stopped functioning as a result of water intrusion like the ones they replaced, they need to be replaced again. They don't do well immersed in water for an entire wet season. I'm not sure the Torros will hold up. The Solo's are a proven performer.

I recommended they swap out the valves and controllers last year but they didn't want to $pring for the bucks; now the HOA is stuck because the valves are proprietary and the Solo's are hard to come by.

DanaMac
12-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I've had some of the toros in for 2+ years now and no issues. Easier to program than the Hunter. Yes I've had the same water intrusion probs on the Hunter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Leary
12-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Ah only the adapter, that's fine. I thought you said they came with the valves attached. $96.00 is a good price; if he's got them I'll take them.

Went and got two Torro's today, they look flimsy and are very bulky. I'll keep them in inventory anyway if I can get these Solo's.

Those are good guys up there, if you don't want attached valves, let them know, it will make the shipping less, but they might be deleting the line and you get them whether you want them or not. Cool unit, hope they continue making them.

jvanvliet
12-10-2011, 01:53 PM

Dana, I have a couple of questions regarding the Torro DDCWP-2 (the manual has some shortcomings).

I have 1 wire for the master valve; two for the zone valves & a common.

The unit will only operate a 24V master valve that supplies a hydro-indexing valve.

Do I wire the MV or station #1 ; and how do I program it?

I set 3 different run times in program A with a delay & two in program B with a delay. A delay is required between zones so that the indexing valve can rotate.

Also, do I get a 24V latching solenoid or a 9V?

Ask me why I like the Solo :)

Mike Leary
12-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Ask me why I like the Solo :)

I don't have to ask; they need no latching solenoid, are easy to program, and I've installed a ton of them without failure. I sent you a e-mail, did you get it?

jvanvliet
12-11-2011, 07:38 AM
I don't have to ask; they need no latching solenoid, are easy to program, and I've installed a ton of them without failure. I sent you a e-mail, did you get it?

Did not get it Mike. We just switched our Internet to a high speed line & we've been having problems with the e-mail. I'll PM you anoter E-Mail that is stable.

Mike Leary
12-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Did not get it Mike. We just switched our Internet to a high speed line & we've been having problems with the e-mail. I'll PM you anoter E-Mail that is stable.

Sent just now to your new site. :waving:

jvanvliet
01-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Old post resurrected;

Thanks Mike;

Here's #1;

#2 is going in tomorrow.

You were a life saver. :clapping: :waving: :drinkup:

Mike Leary
01-10-2012, 06:53 PM
You were a life saver. :clapping: :waving: :drinkup:

My pleasure, it gets me off the hook for so many members thinking I'm an old bag of wind.(Which I am, but I'll step up to the plate to help any of you guys.)

Wet_Boots
01-10-2012, 08:36 PM
"Everyone knows he's windy" :headphones:

Mike Leary
01-10-2012, 08:41 PM
"Everyone knows he's windy" :headphones:

The Association was a cool studio band.:)

Wet_Boots
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
they played at my college, but of course they couldn't do the overdubbed vocals like on their records