PDA

View Full Version : Door Hangers?

knox gsl
12-07-2011, 10:43 PM
I have a couple of questions about door hangers.
1. How well do they work on upper middle class single family 250K-500K houses in my area?
2. Do you place them on every door knob or just pick and choose?
3. What do you pay someone to come in and hang them for you (will not pay by hour)?
4. Do you get a decient return by putting them in newspaper slots saving a good bit of time?
5. How many can a person hang in a day in a suburban area with 1/8 to 1/4 acre lots?

My thoughts on this is to use my brother to help pass them out for me late Feb. and early March. I want to hang on homes that are over 300K and everything under that I would like to just put into newspaper slots. I'm not wanting to pay by the hour because I want to get the job done and he will drag it out if there is no incentive. I'm thinking that I should be getting 5,000 of these printed up to pass out. There will be 3 total doing delivery and hoping to pick up 20 to 30 new customers so that I will be able to drop some that are either crappy or off my route.

knox gsl
12-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Bump......

JFGLN
12-08-2011, 11:09 PM
I would expect a call from 1% to 3% last time I tried door hangers about 6 years ago.

phillie
12-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Greenstar, I use doorhangers on doors I knock on and dont get an answer or unsure customers. I make sales the incentive and pay 7.50/hr. No, its not great pay but its their part time job. My doorhangers have a spot were a price can be written, pics, and the service I am advertising for. The back has more info, about other services and discounts. Try and google lawncare doorhangers and look at examples. Mine work pretty well, 1 customer can pay off several 1000 but 20-30 customers would be hard without knocking. Even with knocking 20-30 will take quite a bit.

knox gsl
12-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Greenstar, I use doorhangers on doors I knock on and dont get an answer or unsure customers. I make sales the incentive and pay 7.50/hr. No, its not great pay but its their part time job. My doorhangers have a spot were a price can be written, pics, and the service I am advertising for. The back has more info, about other services and discounts. Try and google lawncare doorhangers and look at examples. Mine work pretty well, 1 customer can pay off several 1000 but 20-30 customers would be hard without knocking. Even with knocking 20-30 will take quite a bit.

20+ is a little optimistic but that's my goal and I like to set them high. I did use 3x5 single color cards placed in newspaper boxes my first summer and got 5 calls out of the 100 I put out and out of those five I closed 4 cutomers and 3 are still with me 3 years later, number 4 was a one time cleanup. I don't expect those kind of returns as it is unheard of but if 5000 are placed I should get 50 calls with a 1% response rate I hope I can make a few of those into regulars.

MowingMowingMowing
12-09-2011, 11:23 PM
I had some go out for aeration and paid 10 cents per hanger. They got all of them (2,500) out in one day.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-10-2011, 12:10 AM
OP, to be honest with you, I tried direct mail postcards for 2011 and got a better response and sell rate with them than with the doorhangers I put out years prior.

GreenI.A.
12-10-2011, 12:18 AM
I get better results with direct mail as well. I use door hangers mainly in a neighborhood that I already have a presence in to just get as much name recognition as posible. I'll also have the guys hit any other neighboorhoods I want to get into as well, door hangers get hung in the same neighborhoods every 4-6 weeks or so during the season. The biggest thing with hangers or any adverisement is reputation to get the name recognition

phillie
12-10-2011, 01:09 AM
I agree, I get better response off of direct mail. If you are using doorhangers, knocking first is worth every second.